Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2018, 12:25 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry matchin View Post
I used to be near sighted but now my vision has changed and I can't see anything up close. I've considered using my reading glasses for up close shots. Figure that one out. Old timers used to tell me it wasn't about your vision but about your back hand. So I'm beginning to believe those stories.
Your backhand is pretty good
Old 10-23-2018, 08:07 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
i have billiard glasses from bill curran .is that who you used ?
i get low on the cue stick and the first pair he sent me were not long enough in the vertical dimension as i was stilllooking over the top of them
i sent him some pictures and he sent me a new pair reconfigured in its dimensions that works fine. i have an astigmatism so one lens has a prism so he told me he was limited as to how long in the vertical he could make them
but the size he made worked for me
i will try to get a pic today of me with the glasses on and post it later so you can see them
Yes, I also used Bill Curran. The first pair was with progressive lens. I was looking completely over the top. The replacement pair was without progressive lens and I still looked partially over the top. With both pairs of glasses, I also had a distorted view of the balls that can best be described as seeing doubles.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:58 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
Yes, I also used Bill Curran. The first pair was with progressive lens. I was looking completely over the top. The replacement pair was without progressive lens and I still looked partially over the top. With both pairs of glasses, I also had a distorted view of the balls that can best be described as seeing doubles.
FWIW, Ray Ban makes "Shooters" frames that sit high on the nose for shotgunners. Pretty sure that's what I have on in the poster photo. They work for dove hunting etc and if the progressive portion were at the top should work for pool.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:24 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary View Post
FWIW, Ray Ban makes "Shooters" frames that sit high on the nose for shotgunners. Pretty sure that's what I have on in the poster photo. They work for dove hunting etc and if the progressive portion were at the top should work for pool.
I have the RayBan. My optician adjusted the nose pads slightly to have them seat little higher. I'm using progressive lens. They are excellent(for me).