Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2019, 02:16 PM
Verified Member

If I need 1 I am kicking at my winning ball. I may just make it. You say you dont have a feel for Diamond tables and then you try a 2 rail kick to maybe survive?
Old 02-05-2019, 02:23 PM
Verified Member

This why you need to practice the speed of the table.

Try and roll the cue ball by the spot. You have a big area to cover the cue ball when you spot one up.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:40 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelomako View Post

Try and roll the cue ball by the spot. You have a big area to cover the cue ball when you spot one up.
I saw Efren do this once. Both needed one and his opponent left a ball near his pocket and Efren was corner hooked in his hole. He rolled right on the spot and spotted ball went under it preventing his opponent from seeing his ball.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:11 PM
Verified Member

Default Wwyd - A COLD Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoperro View Post
If I need 1 I am kicking at my winning ball. I may just make it. You say you dont have a feel for Diamond tables and then you try a 2 rail kick to maybe survive?

You may be right.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:12 PM
Verified Member

Default Wwyd - A COLD Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by keoneyo View Post
I saw Efren do this once. Both needed one and his opponent left a ball near his pocket and Efren was corner hooked in his hole. He rolled right on the spot and spotted ball went under it preventing his opponent from seeing his ball.

Quote:

Hmm. This never occurred to me. Good idea. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:40 PM
Verified Member

I used to play an old guy and when something like this happened he would thank me for the opportunity to make a great shot!
It was very disconcerting, especially since he made some of them and I would feel sick.
Now I do the same thing.
I practice kicking a lot , it is a huge part of one pocket for lower rated players especially, in my thinking.
I would either kick his ball in and scratch , or kick my ball in 3 rails.
That said , I play guys from champion speed to good nine ballers with almost no one pocket knowledge.
Against better players the kick scratch isn't much good so I would just roll the dice and try to make the 3 railer.
Against C or lower players I would kick his ball in with scratch.
Of course some times it won't work and you lose , but if you don't play the odds correctly , you probably won't ever win anyway.
I could say a few names most of you would recognize , excellent players , but they never win.
They make bad decisions at the most inopportune times, and ruin any chance they had, time after time.
I went down and shot the shot about 20 times , I can scratch 3 rails from there most every time ,so if the 10 was on that line I have a great chance of making it , with it below that line as shown, I have torn rotator cuffs and can't jack up to the right level to get that much length on the cueball.
I would either have to ask if I could use a crate to stand on , or shoot the 5 and scratch and hate it all the way.
If anyone doesn't know how to get the cueball that much longer , aim at about the second diamond from the upper corner with extreme right and jack up your cue to about 75 or 80 degrees.
That works for me.

Last edited by Billy Jackets; 02-05-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:39 PM
Verified Member

Quote:

Where the cb was he could only see the opposite side pocket. He couldn't get to the long rail to get to the spot.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:59 PM
Verified Member

Yes indeed a bad roll...kind of like when you made the great bank on 10 against me and followed whitey into the pocket. I think in your situation it would have been legal to “micro touch” the CB. I think the rule was to prohibit trapping the CB against the inside of a pocket with your tip. I had a rain fart playing Thorsten where I didn’t jump both balls off the table when he had the winner hanging in his hole. I do it all the time at home, but in the moment thought it was too dangerous with all the spectators. I lost the game, but in retrospect probably could have given warning and proceeded with the shot.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:53 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybanks View Post
Where the cb was he could only see the opposite side pocket. He couldn't get to the long rail to get to the spot.
I'd have to set it up and take a try if I could hit the long rail.

I'd bet you can with no problem because I doubt the pocket face is angled inward. How far down I'd have to see it.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:54 PM
Verified Member

A couple of thoughts on this situation, poor Mitch.

Assuming his 5 ball was buried as deep as possible in his pocket, I know that it can be difficult to make that ball from way up table without scratching, or getting hung up in the pocket if you try to very slowly roll the CB, so, that's one option, just leave him looong up table.

Since the 5 ball was buried so deep the odds of hitting it seemed slight. The 10 ball, on the other hand was a much bigger ball, and so, maybe gave you a better chance f making a good hit avoiding having to spot a ball, and if you did hit that 10 ball perhaps he wouldn't have that bank or so good a shot to win the game.

I think maybe the attempt to hit the 10 ball was a better choice, just because it was a bigger ball.

Lastly, you may have been able to nudge the CB away from the pocket corner straight up table, so long as you could keep the CB at least partially behind the rail so he couldn't see the 5 ball, forcing him to shoot the spotted ball or your 10 ball.