Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2019, 08:05 PM
Verified Member

ultimately I like your shot and cant think of better unless you get lucky and follow it in
Old 02-06-2019, 04:52 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybanks View Post
Where the cb was he could only see the opposite side pocket. He couldn't get to the long rail to get to the spot.
No sir, half the ball was inside the pocket, and welded to the point of the side pocket. It really was a brutal roll! It couldn't have happened to a more fun loving guy than mitch! Lol.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:21 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
No sir, half the ball was inside the pocket, and welded to the point of the side pocket. It really was a brutal roll! It couldn't have happened to a more fun loving guy than mitch! Lol.
Well then, I would say bar rules would apply in this spot since it was froze to the rail.

You pick the cue ball up and put the butt of your cue against the rail and put the cue ball back down against the butt.

These days you have to make things fair for everyone.

P.S. I was wondering why you hit your shot as hard as you did. I know you were thinking about knocking his ball away from his hole but all you needed was to bump it enough away from his hole to be able to cut it/shoot it to your hole and keep the cue ball by it.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:07 PM
Verified Member

Default Cold Roll?

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:28 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Jackets View Post
I used to play an old guy and when something like this happened he would thank me for the opportunity to make a great shot!
It was very disconcerting, especially since he made some of them and I would feel sick.
Now I do the same thing.
I practice kicking a lot , it is a huge part of one pocket for lower rated players especially, in my thinking.
I would either kick his ball in and scratch , or kick my ball in 3 rails.
That said , I play guys from champion speed to good nine ballers with almost no one pocket knowledge.
Against better players the kick scratch isn't much good so I would just roll the dice and try to make the 3 railer.
Against C or lower players I would kick his ball in with scratch.
Of course some times it won't work and you lose , but if you don't play the odds correctly , you probably won't ever win anyway.
I could say a few names most of you would recognize , excellent players , but they never win.
They make bad decisions at the most inopportune times, and ruin any chance they had, time after time.
I went down and shot the shot about 20 times , I can scratch 3 rails from there most every time ,so if the 10 was on that line I have a great chance of making it , with it below that line as shown, I have torn rotator cuffs and can't jack up to the right level to get that much length on the cueball.
I would either have to ask if I could use a crate to stand on , or shoot the 5 and scratch and hate it all the way.
If anyone doesn't know how to get the cueball that much longer , aim at about the second diamond from the upper corner with extreme right and jack up your cue to about 75 or 80 degrees.
That works for me.
The cueball will masse and actually hit up next to the corner pocket on a different trajectory than if just using side spin .
Old 02-07-2019, 07:26 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelomako View Post
Well then, I would say bar rules would apply in this spot since it was froze to the rail.

You pick the cue ball up and put the butt of your cue against the rail and put the cue ball back down against the butt.

These days you have to make things fair for everyone.

P.S. I was wondering why you hit your shot as hard as you did. I know you were thinking about knocking his ball away from his hole but all you needed was to bump it enough away from his hole to be able to cut it/shoot it to your hole and keep the cue ball by it.
Mitch has the order of shots wrong. I tried to cut the 5 ball in and play position on the stripe cross corner. Mitch tried a very thin cut on the stripe and he hung it. I tried to dig his ball out and got very lucky.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:30 AM
Verified Member

Default Wwyd - A COLD Roll

Quote:
Mitch has the order of shots wrong. I tried to cut the 5 ball in and play position on the stripe cross corner. Mitch tried a very thin cut on the stripe and he hung it. I tried to dig his ball out and got very lucky.

Yeah I wasn’t 100% on your shot. I thought you tried to sink the 5 in the same shot.