Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2019, 09:54 PM

Default One Pocket - is Tony the GOAT?

Here's my argument...

Tony Chohan One Pocket Highlights Reel
https://youtu.be/s2rT8-ZK2n0

Please share and follow!
Need a highlight reel? PM me.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:03 PM
Verified Member

Default One Pocket - is Tony the GOAT?

Awesome video. Well done 👍
Old 05-10-2019, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Fantastic!!!! ....and by that I mean Tony and you too hayes 1699 -- very nice work there!!!!
Old 05-10-2019, 10:52 PM
Verified Member

All those highlights came in the first match against Dennis. Everything and I mean everything broke right for Tony and he won by two games. 2 years later, Tony can't beat Dennis and it isn't close. They just played a match for $5K in Houston and it was 7-2 Dennis.

The real issue isn't whether Tony is the GOAT. He is arguably the best American Player since Cliff Joyner or Scott Frost. I think most of us would say Efren was the greatest player in our lifetime. Now Alex is the king of one pocket. Conditions are different now. The tables are much tougher than they were in the past, and the depth of the playing field is much deeper now than in the past.

No doubt that Tony played inhuman one pocket at California Billiards. But he has a high variance in his game. Consistency wins one pocket, not circus shots.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:17 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayes1699 View Post
Here's my argument...

Tony Chohan One Pocket Highlights Reel
https://youtu.be/s2rT8-ZK2n0

Please share and follow!
Need a highlight reel? PM me.
VERY nice production, Mr. Hayes! Very professional.

~Doc
Old 05-11-2019, 12:30 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLongArm View Post
All those highlights came in the first match against Dennis. Everything and I mean everything broke right for Tony and he won by two games. 2 years later, Tony can't beat Dennis and it isn't close. They just played a match for $5K in Houston and it was 7-2 Dennis.

The real issue isn't whether Tony is the GOAT. He is arguably the best American Player since Cliff Joyner or Scott Frost. I think most of us would say Efren was the greatest player in our lifetime. Now Alex is the king of one pocket. Conditions are different now. The tables are much tougher than they were in the past, and the depth of the playing field is much deeper now than in the past.

No doubt that Tony played inhuman one pocket at California Billiards. But he has a high variance in his game. Consistency wins one pocket, not circus shots.
Very well said...
Old 05-11-2019, 02:44 PM
Verified Member

I would say that tonly is the most fearless creative one pocket player I have seen . I don't think he is consistent enough to say he is the best ever. I personally don't think any one can say any one but efren deserves the greatest of all time because of his consistently and high level play every time he played.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:53 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLongArm View Post

Tony is an amazing pool player. He has got to be the best player to watch however I can't put my money on him. He does not have the discipline or the patience to play the game that gives him the optimum chance to win.
Ive said it before and Im sure Ill say it again, his nickname shouldn't be T Rex it should be T Reckless......... Keith
Old 05-11-2019, 02:59 PM
Verified Member

Default 1968

Nice piece thx....reminded me of when I first saw Ronnie Allen at Janscos Show Bar, and the shots he came up with. At the tender age of 19 and seeing, hearing, watching RA in his prime, do what he does best was like watching TC....with banter like no other, and RA could back it up!
no link....
Old 05-12-2019, 02:52 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sappo View Post
Tony is an amazing pool player. He has got to be the best player to watch however I can't put my money on him. He does not have the discipline or the patience to play the game that gives him the optimum chance to win.
Ive said it before and Im sure Ill say it again, his nickname shouldn't be T Rex it should be T Reckless......... Keith
I just happen to be one of those people that put T-Rex in games. I put him in a game with a guy I beat and he promptly lost two sets fast. He shot at everything and he wanted to play a third set. I said no because he wasn’t playing any safes. He said he would play smarter. 0-3 when we left. Not Tony’s money, he doesn’t care. Tony is the most imaginative player. Players like Alex have the same knowledge but they want for THE shot. Tony pushes, then pushes some more. I do miss seeing him play. Big guy with such a nice stroke.