Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2019, 02:30 AM

Default Living in the Philippines

Hi, I have played pool and cards most of my life and now live in Bacolod Philippines. I enjoy the challenge of one pocket and the only game the players in Bacolod want to play is 61 or 10 ball. Act like they have never heard of 1 pocket. Is there any members that live near me?
Brad
Old 04-23-2019, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkrbrad View Post
Hi, I have played pool and cards most of my life and now live in Bacolod Philippines. I enjoy the challenge of one pocket and the only game the players in Bacolod want to play is 61 or 10 ball. Act like they have never heard of 1 pocket. Is there any members that live near me?
Brad
I know Jay Helfert used to go to the Philippines for extended visits...

Welcome to onepocket.org!!
Old 05-05-2019, 10:34 AM

HI, this is my first post. I've just join this forum and hope to benefit from all you experienced One Hole experts. I live in South Florida and though there isn't much going on around here I do hope to find the time to participate in future OP.org tournaments. They sound like a great opportunity to become a better player.

I understand I must post a number of times in order to qualify for these events so keep an eye out for me because I do intend to post my views on this great game.

Thanks and I hope to make many good friends here.

Gettherack
Old 05-05-2019, 11:06 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettherack View Post
HI, this is my first post. I've just join this forum and hope to benefit from all you experienced One Hole experts. I live in South Florida and though there isn't much going on around here I do hope to find the time to participate in future OP.org tournaments. They sound like a great opportunity to become a better player.

I understand I must post a number of times in order to qualify for these events so keep an eye out for me because I do intend to post my views on this great game.

Thanks and I hope to make many good friends here.

Gettherack
Welcome, GTR. We have several members in Florida-- scattered all over the state. Mostly central peninsular FL I think. You'll learn who everyone is very quickly.

Best,
~Doc
Old 05-14-2019, 07:01 PM

Default Holaí

Hey everyone, greetings from MD.

My name is jeff...Dahmer is the nickname I kept from my army days I work in construction, project management.

Iím 32 and Iíve only been playing for 3 years but Iíve put in serious hours, Iím a complete pool fiend.

I always heard one pocket was a slow and boring game, but looking back I can only guess that those people had never actually played or seen it played well. A place I started playing at in VA, fast eddies, seems to be a one pocket haven and I sat and watched a few games one day. The first chance a guy got with a fairly open table he ran 5 or 6 in what seemed a magical display of shot making and cue ball control, and then played a takeout shot which was something I had never seen before. A pretty standard shot I now know but at the time it was so foreign. After that I tried myself to play a few racks and saw just how tough the whole thing is.

Anyway Iíll be lurking around. Anyone from the DMV letís play some time. I live near Annapolis but I drive around a bit.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:15 PM
Verified Member

Default Introduce Yourself New Members!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDahmer View Post
Hey everyone, greetings from MD.

My name is jeff...Dahmer is the nickname I kept from my army days I work in construction, project management.

Iím 32 and Iíve only been playing for 3 years but Iíve put in serious hours, Iím a complete pool fiend.

I always heard one pocket was a slow and boring game, but looking back I can only guess that those people had never actually played or seen it played well. A place I started playing at in VA, fast eddies, seems to be a one pocket haven and I sat and watched a few games one day. The first chance a guy got with a fairly open table he ran 5 or 6 in what seemed a magical display of shot making and cue ball control, and then played a takeout shot which was something I had never seen before. A pretty standard shot I now know but at the time it was so foreign. After that I tried myself to play a few racks and saw just how tough the whole thing is.

Anyway Iíll be lurking around. Anyone from the DMV letís play some time. I live near Annapolis but I drive around a bit.

Greetings man. Welcome aboard. iF you really get around think about driving down to Philly in the beginning of June for our Members tournament. Not sure that you would qualify to play (need 20 posts) but thereís games all around and you could meet a bunch of the folks in this group. Just throwing it out there since you arenít too far. Anyway... welcome! Mitch
Old 05-20-2019, 04:00 PM

Hey Iím Ike Runnels
Old 05-20-2019, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Runnels View Post
Hey Iím Ike Runnels
Well hello Ike, and welcome to onepocket.org!! There, you got your first post under your belt, now donít be shy, I hope you get comfortable with posting because you are a player that has a hell of a lot of experience and insight ó if you are willing to share a. bit of what you know!!!
Old 05-20-2019, 06:29 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Runnels View Post
Hey Iím Ike Runnels
Welcome to the forums Ike.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:15 PM
Verified Member

hi ike
i met you at bogies last october
hope you will post 'what would you do" (wwyd)
in some of our threads
WELCOME
larry (lll)