Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2019, 02:11 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbtank View Post
Thanks all for your opinions. In this scenario, I was player 1, and my thoughts were the same as yours for the same reasons. JR I donít remember who raked the balls, but it was definitely my opponent who told me at one point during my run, ďyou need two moreĒ and after making them, told me good game and paid off. Further, as Beatle suggested, I did enlist the opinion of a mutual uninvolved friend who agreed as well. Railbird 1 was not happy but he did cease demanding that he won and was to be paid.
No shit you was PLAYER 1, Huge spots, and odds on the money, give the sucker his money back as you knew you were stealing, u got plenty of other sucker coming in a couple of weeks to donate.

Me. "Sure"
Old 05-21-2019, 02:15 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry matchin View Post
Sidebettors beware, its actually none of your business unless you are asked for your input. The game is over and that's that.
I believe a sidebettor, a spectator, a backer, even a seeing eye-dog watching the game can alert the players that a ball is owed prior to the balls being raked. Why? Simply, it's the fair thing to do and works for both players.

I wonder how other forum contributors feel about the "opposite views" presented by Jerry and J.R.?
Old 05-21-2019, 02:38 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
I believe a sidebettor, a spectator, a backer, even a seeing eye-dog watching the game can alert the players that a ball is owed prior to the balls being raked. Why? Simply, it's the fair thing to do and works for both players.

I wonder how other forum contributors feel about the "opposite views" presented by Jerry and J.R.?
This is only my opinion, but the way I see it is, if I am betting on the side with one of the players in the match, I am going to speak up if the opponent says the game is over and I know he still owes one.

if I have a side bet with another railbird, I am not going to say anything because neither of the players is involved in my bet.

If I have no money at all riding on any part of it I am keeping my mouth shut because it's none of my business.

if its a tournament and I notice something like that, sure I may point it out but gambling is completely different IMO.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:15 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
This is only my opinion, but the way I see it is, if I am betting on the side with one of the players in the match, I am going to speak up if the opponent says the game is over and I know he still owes one.

if I have a side bet with another railbird, I am not going to say anything because neither of the players is involved in my bet.

If I have no money at all riding on any part of it I am keeping my mouth shut because it's none of my business.

if its a tournament and I notice something like that, sure I may point it out but gambling is completely different IMO.
Where do you draw the line as a better on the side do you have a right to say something if the guy your betting against commits an error or a foul.

Very slippery slope you're heading dwn there.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:54 PM
Verified Member

Default Gambling question

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
Yep, just like in Louisville when you ran the 9 and out against me.... I

think i'm liking/needing "the old retired guy who does play well 10-6 handicap" you offered that other poor elderly victim you took advantage of here

Thatís the only other time Iíve ever done that. 😇. I have way more respect for you than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 HOLE NUT View Post
No shit you was PLAYER 1, Huge spots, and odds on the money, give the sucker his money back as you knew you were stealing, u got plenty of other sucker coming in a couple of weeks to donate.

Believe me the bets were so small I wasnít risking much. Also until you give someone a fair game you have no room to talk. You are a known monster from coast to coast 🤣
Old 05-21-2019, 03:54 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmoose View Post
Where do you draw the line as a better on the side do you have a right to say something if the guy your betting against commits an error or a foul.

I typically try not to get involved for this exact reason.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:01 PM
Verified Member

Put me in the long line of people you'll give 10-6 to!

Also, your original question is not even close. You snooze you lose.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:06 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmoose View Post

I already said where I draw the line.

if I have money bet with one of the players, I am speaking up. If I don't, i am keeping my hole shut!
Old 05-21-2019, 04:34 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post

In my opinion, slept balls should be fair game to comment on by anybody.

Bad hits, wrong holes etc are between the players who are playing only.
You start calling those sort of things around here when you aren't in the game it gets you put in your place in a hurry. Now, if both players ask me i'll give my opinion.
Last month i'm playing in a 50 entry 8 ball, i play a safe and make my opponents hanger blocker solid in the hole and replace it with my stripe. He has no shot except a bank that wont go laying next to another one of my balls. I think he's banking his instead of mine and don't say anything.
He wasn't paying attention to the game and tried to bank my stripe instead of his solid laying next to it. He just assumed the new stripe in the hole was still his ball and he had stripes. Well i call foul because he shot at my stripe. He says no i have stripes, you must have switched balls...lol Well this drunk who wasn't watching either.... says yea, you must have switched balls! He has stripes. Well i'm pissed and start telling the railbird off... It got bad, i was hot...lol So, we all calm down and my friend who is the other player thinks it over and says i must have had stripes, my ball is still blocking the hole. Then i tell him i just shot his solid blocker ball in with mine replacing it. Lights come on, problem solved. My friend apologizes and the game goes on. If the rail bird hadn't squawked there wouldn't have been a problem...
Old 05-21-2019, 06:24 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoFats View Post
Sweet... you are giving guys 10 6 now.
Can't wait to match up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
Yep, just like in Louisville when you ran the 9 and out against me.... I
think i'm liking/needing "the old retired guy who does play well 10-6 handicap" you offered that other poor elderly victim you took advantage of here
I think there's guys on here wanting to take advantage of young Mitch, and shame on all of them.

I'm 72 (and don't play anything like I used to either), but in all fairness (just lookin for a fair game) I think just two balls would be enough for me, Mitch. Maybe even just one ball and the breaks if I can get some of those odds you were giving your buddy, the other old man you were robbing.

Looking forward to a great time in Philly in a couple of weeks.