Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2019, 11:50 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrzbill View Post
Rail birds have NO SAY in the game whether they are side betting or not. Same goes for those who stream. No comments, period.
I went to Chicago with the famous JR Hendy. Of course I had money in the game and I took all side bets. This was when the infamous Ghost asked for a second match. The only time I said anything about the game was when got back to our AirBNB. Then we talked strategy. Side bettors have no say in the game.
As far as Mitch, he torched me in MS, IND, CA giving me what should have been a lock for me. I can blame being hurt, getting old, blind, etc, but the MF is playing very sporty. No safety is safe.
MITCH THE BEAST, you playing good.
10-7 the breaks and first shot. I’m betting the proceeds from last years pot winnings. I know betting it up does not bother you.
BTW, your buddy bit on the wrong sucker.
exactamungo…..

-------------

(mitch is a beast -- ran 8-n-out vs miller in memphis from a tough spot -- now i owe him a happy meal.....)
Old 05-22-2019, 12:25 AM
Verified Member

how about if you are money partners or the backer with someone in a match. and he doesnt see a foul and the player doesn't call it on himself. are you supposed to sit there and shut up while your partner takes the worst of it? what if he steals one of your balls. do you still shut up. that is what some are implying.

a side bettor is going to feel he has the same position as a backer or partner.

i dont think it is cut and dried as some do.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:24 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
how about if you are money partners or the backer with someone in a match. and he doesnt see a foul and the player doesn't call it on himself. are you supposed to sit there and shut up while your partner takes the worst of it? what if he steals one of your balls. do you still shut up. that is what some are implying.

a side bettor is going to feel he has the same position as a backer or partner.

i dont think it is cut and dried as some do.
I used to play at a Filipino room in San Francisco. I used to bet pretty high and sometimes took all the bets on the side. One night Iím playing the Mulism and I know enough Spanish to understand Tagalog. Now we are betting $1500, a race to three, and he is getting 10-6. The side rail birds started telling him shots. And I told them right there that I considered it cheating and I was going to take the cash and walk out the door. They shut up. It was supposed to be a trap game because he played pretty good with other players. I won $3K that night and the next night it was 10-5. I busted him again and all the side raiders. The next weekend I saw him beating a guy I gave 8-7. Sometimes you outrun the nuts.
If someone, anyone, interferes with my game, I may end up with a broken cue. I never have used one of those new fiber glass cues on someoneís head. I do know heads break wood cues. I donít play players who cheat so the problems you suggest donít happen.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:45 AM
Verified Member

Default Gambling question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
exactamungoÖ..

-------------

(mitch is a beast -- ran 8-n-out vs miller in memphis from a tough spot -- now i owe him a happy meal.....)

Et tu, Brute? 😂. This whole thread needs to be deleted lol. Steve , help!!
Old 05-22-2019, 06:56 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrzbill View Post
Rail birds have NO SAY in the game whether they are side betting or not. Same goes for those who stream. No comments, period.

I went to Chicago with the famous JR Hendy. Of course I had money in the game and I took all side bets. This was when the infamous Ghost asked for a second match. The only time I said anything about the game was when got back to our AirBNB. Then we talked strategy. Side bettors have no say in the game.

As far as Mitch, he torched me in MS, IND, CA giving me what should have been a lock for me. I can blame being hurt, getting old, blind, etc, but the MF is playing very sporty. No safety is safe.

MITCH THE BEAST, you playing good.

10-7 the breaks and first shot. Iím betting the proceeds from last years pot winnings. I know betting it up does not bother you.

BTW, your buddy bit on the wrong sucker.

Bill I agree with your opinion regarding the rail.

Thanks for the compliment, but thatís a three tier adjustment. I appreciate the question but thatís way too much lol. Remember you beat me three games in a row last session to take a lead at one point and are tough as nails. Plus we adjusted last session to straight 10-8. I know youíre not a guy who wants to adjust after every session, so Iím going to chalk that off as you are kidding around. Regardless canít wait to see you and the rest of the fellas!!! Two weeks!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2019, 08:47 AM
Verified Member

What "IF"....the rail refuses to pay off BECAUSE of a slept foul...." I said my player would get _____ before you get _____ YOU NEVER MADE _____CREDITED BALLS". So even if the PLAYER pays off (because he can't count or is an idiot)....the RAIL BET is between the OTHER PLAYER and a SPECTATOR. Well stake holders....what do you do???
Old 05-22-2019, 08:57 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Shoes View Post
What "IF"....the rail refuses to pay off BECAUSE of a slept foul...." I said my player would get _____ before you get _____ YOU NEVER MADE _____CREDITED BALLS". So even if the PLAYER pays off (because he can't count or is an idiot)....the RAIL BET is between the OTHER PLAYER and a SPECTATOR. Well stake holders....what do you do???

Not a bad question. In this case, the rail had also paid off. It was 15 minutes later on when another guy pointed out the slept ball that he claimed he should have won.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:31 AM
Verified Member

yes the bet was paid for and accepted by both parties. that closes that bet, unless the side bettor felt he was dumped or cheated. but that is a different beef.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:38 AM
Verified Member

If asked, side bettors or eyeballers are only looking if their opponent makes a foul, if the horse makes a foul "Sorry I wasn't looking"

Rodney Stephens.
(e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working
Old 05-22-2019, 12:18 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbtank View Post
Et tu, Brute? 😂. This whole thread needs to be deleted lol. Steve , help!!
Yep, brother Miller. Another victim added to the list...