Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2016, 08:28 AM
Verified Member

GC, listen to these guys, you are getting some sound advice from each of their posts in your thread.

Thanks for being one of my students Frank. I greatly enjoy working with you on your One Pocket game and I will miss you until next fall.

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com
Old 03-28-2016, 09:19 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wirth View Post
GC, listen to these guys, you are getting some sound advice from each of their posts in your thread.

Thanks for being one of my students Frank. I greatly enjoy working with you on your One Pocket game and I will miss you until next fall.

Tom
Tom. I'll start out with thanks. Thanks for your knowledge, passion, dedication, patience and great teaching skills. You have been, still are the live version of Controlled Aggression to me. I'm so fortunate to be local to you...and would not mind traveling if I were not. You opened my eyes to the game, gave me the tools to work/practice with. I would like to have a better nature talent but I'll settle for working with what I have and doing the best I can with it. To repeat ...I have no unreal expectations. Regardless of my progress and where I'm at I'm having a blast with one pocket (and 1Pocket.org). Good fun is hard to find.
I enjoy being on the playing field. Call me Rudy. I thank everyone on 1p.org for their contributions. OnePocket players seem to be a fraternity. A special group.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:21 AM
Verified Member

Default New players

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCrown View Post
I have the pleasure and honor of Mr Controlled Aggression helping me. Tom has given me a lot to work with. I have not been to any pool rooms to discover my strengths/weaknesses but I will be able to shortly. There are a few players rooms in my area in Pa. I can find a game.

Looking forward to your return Frank. We will make a point to play more this year while you are here.

For me, it's the same as mentioned. This site and wwyds, books, watching matches. And Gambling. Lots of it .

I am also really doubling up on improving my fundamentals this year. (emphasis on Mental). I bought Mark Wilsons book "Playing Great Pool" and am trying to learn more about my stance and aiming to create a more repeatable stroke. I figure I'll go far towards improving if only because I have such a long way to go 😜
Old 03-28-2016, 09:43 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbtank View Post
Looking forward to your return Frank. We will make a point to play more this year while you are here.

For me, it's the same as mentioned. This site and wwyds, books, watching matches. And Gambling. Lots of it .

I am also really doubling up on improving my fundamentals this year. (emphasis on Mental). I bought Mark Wilsons book "Playing Great Pool" and am trying to learn more about my stance and aiming to create a more repeatable stroke. I figure I'll go far towards improving if only because I have such a long way to go ��
Tank...it's meeting/knowing people like you....it's the friendships we make are the bonus to the game. You'll always be improving. You're all about motivation. You are a fierce competitor. I admire your determination. And Roslie Winkler LIVES
Old 03-28-2016, 10:13 AM
Verified Member

Default New players

Quote:
Tank...it's meeting/knowing people like you....it's the friendships we make are the bonus to the game. You'll always be improving. You're all about motivation. You are a fierce competitor. I admire your determination. And Roslie Winkler LIVES

Incredible reference Frank. A piece of famous graffiti on a railroad bridge about 5 minutes from me. Very well played!!!
Old 03-28-2016, 10:21 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
i had to look this up
http://www.theiloveyoublog.com/2009/...-love-you.html
but i couldnt find a picture of the graffitti
mitch or frank if you can get a pic could you post or pm me
thanks
Old 03-28-2016, 10:51 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
i had to look this up
http://www.theiloveyoublog.com/2009/...-love-you.html
but i couldnt find a picture of the graffitti
mitch or frank if you can get a pic could you post or pm me
thanks
If it is still there Mitch or myself will take a snapshot. Being it is rare Phila history the picture will be on sale cheap. All proceeds will go the the GoldCrown/MkBtank foundation. Otherwise known as our pockets.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:45 PM
Verified Member

Learn to bank.

"All banks are push shots" Eddy Taylor.
Learn how to do it.

Bill S.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:48 PM
Verified Member

your ability to get much better stops with you not being able to deliver the cue tip to the exact spot on the cueball you are aiming at and not know exactly where you need to hit the object ball.

so practicing getting your stroke to return perfectly is the key.

look at all the millions of golfers that cant break 90 even less 80 when it is an easy game. it is just because they havent been able to bother to get their clubhead to return to the ball squarely yet they hit balls for hours and play everyday with a stroke that is bad.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
your ability to get much better stops with you not being able to deliver the cue tip to the exact spot on the cueball you are aiming at and not know exactly where you need to hit the object ball.

so practicing getting your stroke to return perfectly is the key.

look at all the millions of golfers that cant break 90 even less 80 when it is an easy game. it is just because they havent been able to bother to get their clubhead to return to the ball squarely yet they hit balls for hours and play everyday with a stroke that is bad.
Yep -- that sounds like my pool game in a nutshell unfortunately