Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2018, 06:22 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrzbill View Post
Best banker today is Tony Cohan, then John Brumback. Safe break, full break, Tony is the best if his head is into it that day. John is probably the best technical banker, but T-Rex is number 1. Sorry Col. But youíre third! (Outta three). I donít like full rack because it is too slow. Could it be Iím not a good banker? Yes thatís the answer but I will play almost anyone banks who is not a professional. I open break because it is already a slow enough game, there isnít enough money in the world to play safe break. A ball on the break would be a foul unless you are just talking about shooting again after the break. Like I said, letís get together Whitey and exchange some cash. Itís five hours to Portland for me. Middle ground? I can take the wife on a mini vacation, she can hike and see the sights, we can see the green, now blue, felt.
After July 30th, give a week or two for healing.
I 'am there! Full Racks, winner breaks! Whitey
Old 12-19-2018, 02:58 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
I 'am there! Full Racks, winner breaks! Whitey
A bit late here, but...I'd be up for full rack banks if you guys ever make it down to California Billiards or we find another place in between. I don't get to any pool often very often (usual excuses: job, kids, etc.), but easy to get to if we schedule it ahead of time. We do get up to Oregon once in a while for the woods and the coast, usually just over the border to Brookings or so, so maybe could arrange something then too, but would be a little harder to get away from the family.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:26 PM
Verified Member

[QUOTE=jay helfert;236886]You are correct Steve. That was the Dayton tournaments during the 70's and early 80's when Joe Burns owned the place. The reason it was a Race to 23 was so it would only take three racks max to finish. Joe was an excellent Bank Pool player, the best in Dayton. He used to spar with Eddie Taylor getting 9-7. I beat Larry Lisciotti and Willie Munson the one year I played back there. Lost to Cannonball and Steve Cook.

Jay,

I was co sponsor with Joe for the first Dayton tournament. Joe insisted on Bank Pool.

When I was on the road with Taylor the pool rooms in the south had mostly tables with 15 red balls and a sign above them saying "bank pool only".

Bill S.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:44 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
I wonder why traditional bank pool (full rack or even 5 and out) is such a different game than by-the-rail.

There are some around here that can win one way and not the other way. I figured, banking is banking and the better banker will win...but not always the case!
You got a guy where you're from that plays by the rail pretty sporty and another guy that plays straight banks pretty sporty as well
Old 12-23-2018, 08:40 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybanks View Post
You got a guy where you're from that plays by the rail pretty sporty and another guy that plays straight banks pretty sporty as well
yep, I know both...
Old 01-03-2019, 08:25 PM
Verified Member

Did I read a comment in this thread that Trex is a better banker than Brumback? Did I miss a challenge match that dethroned the king?
Old 01-04-2019, 01:56 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Cruncher View Post
Did I read a comment in this thread that Trex is a better banker than Brumback? Did I miss a challenge match that dethroned the king?
Yes...you must have missed it.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:39 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
Yes...you must have missed it.
I dont know how, i must have missed it too. What kind of match and when was it?
Old 01-07-2019, 11:25 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
I dont know how, i must have missed it too. What kind of match and when was it?
I think we all missed it because I don't believe it happened...I think he was being sarcastic asking if he missed the match.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:22 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
I think we all missed it because I don't believe it happened...I think he was being sarcastic asking if he missed the match.
Well that makes more sense then.