Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2018, 03:51 PM
Verified Member

Default J.R. - Be Careful of Man with Upside Down Glasses

I wish I had a better picture, but JR refused to let me take a picture. He insisted on forwarding me this picture.

He ordered those fancy pool glasses (I think), but they didn't come in yet.
So the other day, he played me with a pair of glasses attached to some kind of rubberband around his head.(he is reaching Earl Strickland levels)

The kicker is..... he was wearing the glasses upside down. This effectively had the left eye on the right eye and vice versa. Both the lenses were upside down.

The sad part is that we broke even. I can't even beat a guy with upside down and backwards glasses.

Last edited by ChicagoFats; 10-19-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:40 PM
Verified Member

JR wore them when we played at Surge.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:43 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
JR wore them when we played at Surge.
Did you win?
Old 10-20-2018, 04:46 AM
Verified Member

Playing with a pair of up side down glasses is part of my 50 year stall.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:34 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
Playing with a pair of up side down glasses is part of my 50 year stall.
Does it work? I have a couple spare sets of gradient lense
bifocals I might try to modify for the seniors tournament.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:16 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary View Post
Does it work? I have a couple spare sets of gradient lense
bifocals I might try to modify for the seniors tournament.
Yes, for me they work perfectly although they look dreadful by being upside down while positioned high above the bridge of my nose and held in place by two rubber bands and a green twist tie. A red nose and some face paint and I could be the Clown of Pool Players. Maybe I am already if you include my shooting ability to pocket balls.

But financially I am not in dire straits. Several months ago, I purchased progressive lens type "pool glasses" from an ophthalmologist who resides near Philadelphia. This is the same one who has provided Karen Corr and our own Chicago Mike with their special eye-wear for shooting pool. Unfortunately, because of the downward tilt of my head, I still have a distorted view. I sent the "pool glasses" back once but with the same unfortunate results. I believe I will need to visit him with my upside down glasses to get what I need rather then sending the "pool glasses" back and forth.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:23 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
Yes, for me they work perfectly although they look dreadful by being upside down while positioned high above the bridge of my nose and held in place by two rubber bands and a green twist tie. A red nose and some face paint and I could be the Clown of Pool Players. Maybe I am already if you include my shooting ability to pocket balls.

But financially I am not in dire straits. Several months ago, I purchased progressive lens type "pool glasses" from an ophthalmologist who resides near Philadelphia. This is the same one who has provided Karen Corr and our own Chicago Mike with their special eye-wear for shooting pool. Unfortunately, because of the downward tilt of my head, I still have a distorted view. I sent the "pool glasses" back once but with the same unfortunate results. I believe I will need to visit him with my upside down glasses to get what I need rather then sending the "pool glasses" back and forth.
I have progressive glasses and can't stand playing with them. But I also have multi-focal contacts, which do the same basic thing but more smoothly, and they're fantastic for pool. The contacts use concentric circles to give the different focal distances, instead of top to bottom variation in focal distances and somehow, at least for me, that's much better. I'm farsighted, not nearsighted, so that could make results different for others. Most eye docs will give you a few pairs to try out for free, but be sure to give it a few days because your brain and eye muscles have to get used to them.

However, I do find it completely ineffective to put the contacts upside down on the bridge of my nose.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:20 AM
Verified Member

i have billiard glasses from bill curran .is that who you used ?
i get low on the cue stick and the first pair he sent me were not long enough in the vertical dimension as i was stilllooking over the top of them
i sent him some pictures and he sent me a new pair reconfigured in its dimensions that works fine. i have an astigmatism so one lens has a prism so he told me he was limited as to how long in the vertical he could make them
but the size he made worked for me
i will try to get a pic today of me with the glasses on and post it later so you can see them
Old 10-23-2018, 08:24 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
i have billiard glasses from bill curran .is that who you used ?
i get low on the cue stick and the first pair he sent me were not long enough in the vertical dimension as i was stilllooking over the top of them
i sent him some pictures and he sent me a new pair reconfigured in its dimensions that works fine. i have an astigmatism so one lens has a prism so he told me he was limited as to how long in the vertical he could make them
but the size he made worked for me
i will try to get a pic today of me with the glasses on and post it later so you can see them
I have them also and John took a good look at them. I think they did not sit high enough for him.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:51 AM
Verified Member

I used to be near sighted but now my vision has changed and I can't see anything up close. I've considered using my reading glasses for up close shots. Figure that one out. Old timers used to tell me it wasn't about your vision but about your back hand. So I'm beginning to believe those stories.