Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2019, 08:17 PM
Verified Member

Default Would you say this behavior is in poor taste?

My two very good friends and students: Donn aka DWS, and John aka Johnnytronic have an ongoing dispute going, as to which one of them is going to inherit my pool cues when I go to the big poolroom up there in the sky......

It's quite upsetting to me when I sense them being overly anxious to get ahold of the cues......especially if it's during a week when I have doctors appointments (as in today for example, when I had to get a nuclear stress test from the cardiologist)...

- Ghost
Old 03-21-2019, 08:59 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
My two very good friends and students: Donn aka DWS, and John aka Johnnytronic have an ongoing dispute going, as to which one of them is going to inherit my pool cues when I go to the big poolroom up there in the sky......

It's quite upsetting to me when I sense them being overly anxious to get ahold of the cues......especially if it's during a week when I have doctors appointments (as in today for example, when I had to get a nuclear stress test from the cardiologist)...

- Ghost
Reboot your will....
no link....
Old 03-21-2019, 09:46 PM
Verified Member

Ghostie, you apparently believe it's in poor taste or you would not have asked the question. Poor taste because they debate about it or because they have let you know about it? Since you have asked for my opinion I have to say that I would have to be there for the event. Surely they are kidding about it - do they chuckle while they argue? If they do, then the only thing that matters is whether or not it offends you. If it does, then you must address the phrase 'very good friends'. As we grow older, humor is found in different places than before. And yes, I have had such a test. Be well, pal, (as well as you can) and take good care.

Bill
If it ain't funny it ain't much
Old 03-21-2019, 10:19 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapros View Post
Ghostie, you apparently believe it's in poor taste or you would not have asked the question. Poor taste because they debate about it or because they have let you know about it? Since you have asked for my opinion I have to say that I would have to be there for the event. Surely they are kidding about it - do they chuckle while they argue? If they do, then the only thing that matters is whether or not it offends you. If it does, then you must address the phrase 'very good friends'. As we grow older, humor is found in different places than before. And yes, I have had such a test. Be well, pal, (as well as you can) and take good care.

Bill
If it ain't funny it ain't much
Howdy Bill....damn, after all all of these years on this site I figgered all of youse guys knew my sense of humor by now..of course I'm just kidding with my "in bad taste" title - I love black humor, even if it's directed at me...all three of us, myself, John & Donn joke about me leaving them the cues - we all have good, dark, senses of humor ...I tell them: "whichever of you loses the most money to me from the year 2019 onward - gets the cues"

- Ghost

P.S. You be well too Bill.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:28 PM
Verified Member

Quote:

- Ghost
Very poor taste! How can I get on the wait list for your cues???? ( )

Stay well.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:32 PM
Verified Member

Give them to johnnytronic so I can win them off him.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:44 PM
Verified Member

i am going to give the person that has been the nicest to me on the site my balabuska and ebony josh when i hit the skids.

to qualify you must be nice to me and send larry each a 100 dollars to be on my short list which he can give to me less 20% fee for his trouble next time he sees me.
ghost gets on the list for free of course.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:11 AM
Verified Member

Ghost. The only one worthy of your Foster is me (seeing as I have 3). I'll let your clowns fight over your OB.

Nick B

Name: Nick Beretanos
Old 03-22-2019, 02:33 AM
Verified Member

Quote:

- Ghost
Yes, Very poor taste.

I claimed dibbs on those cues years ago.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:38 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWS View Post
we are only kidding if and when his cues are mentioned and we never want to see anything happen to him.
I definitely...................... er......................... you know..................... woudln't.......................... um.............. I mean....................those cues.............. but sure, I wouldn't................... you know....... um....... I'd NEVER wish............. you know.......... but.............. damn! those are nice cues.