Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2019, 08:30 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Steve View Post
Yes, I don't get that there could be any confusion about this, since it was spelled out prior to the last game.
The bet was 50 and time. The loser pays the 50 and table time. That's what he agreed to. Shouldn't be any debate. 2 season players.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:14 AM

Seems simple, Iíve been wondering if there was some kind of trick question hidden here but I donít see it. And if time is similar cost in that area it didnít make much difference anyway. 5 hours at 10/hr

Scenario 1 - I get my hundo back, plus yours and I graciously pay 50 for the time, leaving me +50

#2 I keep my $, get your 50, and you pay 50 for time leaving me +50
Old 05-15-2019, 09:33 AM
Verified Member

Default Report from an eye witness

I was the "stake-holder" in the game. There was never ANY CONFUSION over what was being wagered in the last game. All I can think of is that the looser thought he had a chance to get away with one by acting CONFUSED. The offender relied on 2 things that night. #1 the guy he is playing is a great guy and vary soft spoken. #2 I was in the room and don't allow "boxing matches" in my place, he thought I would protect him from having his clock cleaned. HE MADE 2 MISTAKES #1 Because I was holding the stakes there was no way he was going to pull that " I'm confused" BS......#2 (AND MOST IMPORTANTLY) The writer of this thread (JR) is the "last swinging male appendage" you want to screw around with in the CHICAGO AREA. The offender does not realize how close he came to not going home that night in one piece. So....Thank You JR for not putting my place on the nightly news.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:10 AM
Verified Member

Loser always pays the time.
no link....
Old 05-15-2019, 11:42 AM
Verified Member

This story is as old as pool itself. Its like you win a few games and the loser wants you to pay the time. This doesn't happen in golf as you pay your green fee's upfront. Just pay the man for the game and pay the time.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:16 PM
Verified Member

Red face

I was playing Ike on the table next to this match and it was like 3 in the morning. I left before this "discussion" came about. I was on the highway barely awake and got a call from JR asking what the bet was. It was clearly the loser pays 50 dollars plus the time. He asked me and i said it backwards because I quickly answered with some distractions in my rear view mirror. Anyhow... i missed the excitement. JR has stated in the past he would never play this individual again for other reasons.
It's weird because the offender is fun action but gets carried away in all sorts of aspects. So we all play him from time to time. . In the game of life we are all suckers for some action.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:03 PM
Verified Member

Where I play in Atlanta, unless there is negotiated deal before playing, we generally split the time. That said, I do have several guys I play with where the winner pays the time. In rare instances, the time has actually exceeded the winnings but I don't really worry about that because they are good action.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:34 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Shoes View Post
I was the "stake-holder" in the game. There was never ANY CONFUSION over what was being wagered in the last game. All I can think of is that the looser thought he had a chance to get away with one by acting CONFUSED. The offender relied on 2 things that night. #1 the guy he is playing is a great guy and vary soft spoken. #2 I was in the room and don't allow "boxing matches" in my place, he thought I would protect him from having his clock cleaned. HE MADE 2 MISTAKES #1 Because I was holding the stakes there was no way he was going to pull that " I'm confused" BS......#2 (AND MOST IMPORTANTLY) The writer of this thread (JR) is the "last swinging male appendage" you want to screw around with in the CHICAGO AREA. The offender does not realize how close he came to not going home that night in one piece. So....Thank You JR for not putting my place on the nightly news.

I still don't understand the purported confusion. What else could "$50 and the time" mean? I guess the losing player could argue that the bet was for "$50 and the table time for only the very last game" but that's pretty stupid. Or maybe try to pretend that it was just $50?
Old 05-15-2019, 03:57 PM
Verified Member

On a side note, I ALWAYS pay the time if I am winner at the end of a session unless the table time exceeds what I won (which has never happened to me personally). I just think it's good sportsmanship.

But in this instance the bet WAS the table time, so of course the loser pays it, that was the bet!
Old 05-15-2019, 05:19 PM
Verified Member

The lesson is this. This stuff happens in everyday life. Be glad your aware of it! You can learn allot in a pool room and Not....
no link....