Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Places to play
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2009, 01:51 AM
Verified Member

Default Looking for action near Boston

I'm looking for a regular (at least weekly) serious and friendly one-pocket money game in the Boston area. Only current place I know is Country Club USA in Chelmsford, but that's a bit far for me on a weeknight. If you're itching to hone your one-pocket skills and you're also stuck in this billiard wasteland we call Massachusetts, send me a pm.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister
I'm looking for a regular (at least weekly) serious and friendly one-pocket money game in the Boston area. Only current place I know is Country Club USA in Chelmsford, but that's a bit far for me on a weeknight. If you're itching to hone your one-pocket skills and you're also stuck in this billiard wasteland we call Massachusetts, send me a pm.
I cannot pull it off on a week night either -- too far the other way -- but after Derby City I could meet you on a weekend afternoon.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Verified Member

Quote:

Hey Carey.......Since you used to be my student, I gotta give you some advice....If you get together with our Steve Booth to play, just keep leaving him on the end rail - he can't make a long shot.....
Old 01-16-2009, 04:42 AM
Verified Member

You guys are so friendly....Im glad you haven't busted me...yet!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost
Hey Carey.......Since you used to be my student, I gotta give you some advice....If you get together with our Steve Booth to play, just keep leaving him on the end rail - he can't make a long shot.....
Old 01-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Verified Member

Hey Ghost. Yeah, I always try to leave you old guys on the end rail, especially if your glasses are thicker than the latest Harry Potter novel...
Old 01-16-2009, 05:25 PM

Default Cue Time Billiards

Hey Twister, have you ever played at Cue Time Billiards in Pembroke? When I lived in Marshfield 5 years ago I played an APA league there, I hear they are closing though...I wonder what they are going to do with all those Gandy tables they had.

millertime
Old 01-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Verified Member

Nope, never played at Cue Time. They really need a player's pool hall near Boston (Brighton Billiards, I'm looking at you). I mean you have you all these rich pompous college kids and nowhere to go to take their money, it's a crime. I'd even be happy with a private social club like they seem have up in NH: a monthly/annual fee for free time on a few nice tables would be worth it.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Hey Ghost. Yeah, I always try to leave you old guys on the end rail

Hey, who you calling an old guy.....
Old 01-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Verified Member

Steve - you ever been to World Class Billiards in Peabody, MA? I went up there a few weekends ago and had a good time playing 3-cushion, as there wasn't anyone who wanted a one-pocket game. In addition to the 4 heated billiards tables, they have twelve 9" Diamonds, and a great player's special: everyday noon - 8pm for $8 (pool) or $10 (billiards). Talk about low rates. Maybe we can meet up (down) there sometime when you're back from the DCC.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Steve - you ever been to World Class Billiards in Peabody, MA? I went up there a few weekends ago and had a good time playing 3-cushion, as there wasn't anyone who wanted a one-pocket game. In addition to the 4 heated billiards tables, they have twelve 9" Diamonds, and a great player's special: everyday noon - 8pm for $8 (pool) or $10 (billiards). Talk about low rates. Maybe we can meet up (down) there sometime when you're back from the DCC.
Played there many times. Hilite would be playing the late Bob Ingersoll One Pocket quite a few times when I was deep in the throws of learning the game around 1992 or so. I believe he was about 80 at the time, and coudn't see the long shots so well, but sure could maneuver the balls.