Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Places to play
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2005, 02:40 AM
Verified Member

I am currently working to bring another one pocket tournament to texas. We just had one last weekend at cue-n-cushion (Flyboy's) and only 15 showed up. There is a lot of one pocket played in Texas, but the biggest problem I see, is that most want the match won before they ever break the balls. I lve the game and love promoting it. We at PKL Promotions have now done three one pocket tournaments, at Bananas in San Antonio, Bogies in Houston, and at Flyboys. All were at least $1000 added and we yielded 18,18, and 15 players. If you have any ideas which would help draw more entrants, please share them with me before I get LYNCHED.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:17 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman
I am currently working to bring another one pocket tournament to texas. We just had one last weekend at cue-n-cushion (Flyboy's) and only 15 showed up. There is a lot of one pocket played in Texas, but the biggest problem I see, is that most want the match won before they ever break the balls. I lve the game and love promoting it. We at PKL Promotions have now done three one pocket tournaments, at Bananas in San Antonio, Bogies in Houston, and at Flyboys. All were at least $1000 added and we yielded 18,18, and 15 players. If you have any ideas which would help draw more entrants, please share them with me before I get LYNCHED.
Let me know when/where you want it and I'd be willing to bet we could get many to show.

wow, the original post is exactly a year + a day old!
Old 12-14-2005, 12:34 PM
Verified Member

I play 1-pocket every Sunday with a friend out of Click's Billiards on Majesty Drive in Arlington. I don't see any tournaments or such... but some boys from Tulsa passed by recently and said Tulsa was full of 1-pocket tournaments!

Does Volcanoes still have that 1-pocket league? I heard they had a Straight Pool league at some point too!

Click's had one 1-pocket tournament, but it took forever (race to 3)! It was played on four 9' tables, but it took forever. Back in the day (about 3+ years ago) Wilt's had a 1-pocket tournament every Sunday. Too bad they closed down!

Any 1-pocket tournaments in the DFW area you guys know of?
Old 12-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiel
I play 1-pocket every Sunday with a friend out of Click's Billiards on Majesty Drive in Arlington. I don't see any tournaments or such... but some boys from Tulsa passed by recently and said Tulsa was full of 1-pocket tournaments!

Does Volcanoes still have that 1-pocket league? I heard they had a Straight Pool league at some point too!

Click's had one 1-pocket tournament, but it took forever (race to 3)! It was played on four 9' tables, but it took forever. Back in the day (about 3+ years ago) Wilt's had a 1-pocket tournament every Sunday. Too bad they closed down!

Any 1-pocket tournaments in the DFW area you guys know of?
Actually, there is going to ba a 1-pocket tournament at Bogies in Houston April 6-7. It will be $1500 added with a $100 entry fee. ( the added money may go up, but 1500 minimum) Race to 3, alternate break
On the 8-9 there will also be a 9-ball event $2000 added on 4x8's race to 9-7, alternate, $75 entry fee.
On the 9th will also be a ladies division and I'll work out the details of that when I get home this weekend.
This was fun last year and had nice calcuttas. We expect it to be better this year.
For more info: pklpromo@satx.rr.com
Old 12-16-2005, 02:08 PM

Thumbs up Count me in

Im there. Hopefully, I won't get smoked like at the Cue and Cushion tourney. Thanks for the post Lewis. You da man.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Poolnut
Im there. Hopefully, I won't get smoked like at the Cue and Cushion tourney. Thanks for the post Lewis. You da man.

Yea, got smoked pretty good myself.
Look forward to seeing you.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:51 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to starfix_1
Default Tourney

In Houston/ Humble they have a tournement for one pocket- Dogies Billiards

Pretty nice to find out the min. to play a game was around $50. Scale of one to ten on the knowledge was around a 6.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfix_1
In Houston/ Humble they have a tournement for one pocket- Dogies Billiards

Pretty nice to find out the min. to play a game was around $50. Scale of one to ten on the knowledge was around a 6.
I think the place you refer to is Bogies on hiway 1960. There is another tournament there in April.
I see you live in Laffayette La. I will be through there in a few days to look at the new Fast Eddies being built there. Is there any one pocket played there?
Old 01-10-2006, 03:29 AM

Default Hey Ironman...

I was just sorting out my calander and realized something interesting. Did you know that the Bogie's 1P/9B event in April is scheduled the same days as the BCA Trade Show at the GRB Convention Center downtown? I suppose that could possibly be a really good thing for the tourney turnout. Was this done by design?
Old 01-13-2006, 07:51 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Poolnut
I was just sorting out my calander and realized something interesting. Did you know that the Bogie's 1P/9B event in April is scheduled the same days as the BCA Trade Show at the GRB Convention Center downtown? I suppose that could possibly be a really good thing for the tourney turnout. Was this done by design?
Yes Sir, I thought we might get a few of the guys from the BCA Trade Show.
We had a good event last year and are hoping for even better this year.
Bogies is a nice Pool Room and we really enjoyed ourselves there.
We also are going to do another at Cue-n-Cushion in a couple of months.
This will be put together in just a couple of days. Katrina really spoiled the one we did last year.
Hope to see you there!

Last edited by ironman; 01-13-2006 at 07:52 AM. Reason: spelling error