Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Links & Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2005, 10:23 AM
Verified Member

Default Winning One-pocket...

Ok, I've accepted that I will never see this book in person again. Even though I had the chance to get one even though I wasn't even thinking about taking one-pocket that seriously, I should have plunked down the money to get it. (sigh..) Oh well, now that one pocket seems to be taking off pretty good now, what's out their that can come close too or compare to this book? I mean, it's probably not likely, but you never know. Does anyone know if they've planned to make a reprint or something...anything? Can't blame a wannabe for trying can you?
Old 06-27-2005, 08:52 PM
Verified Member

There's no book that comes close to "Winning One-Pocket" except "More Moves, Shots, and Strategies" by same author Eddie Robin. These 2 books turn up on Ebay quite often. In fact, not long ago Eddie Robin was selling a few of each. I haven't looked to see if any are available lately. Both books are full of valuable one-pocket information and entertaining anecdotes that can be read and studied again and again.

Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoutout33
Ok, I've accepted that I will never see this book in person again. Even though I had the chance to get one even though I wasn't even thinking about taking one-pocket that seriously, I should have plunked down the money to get it. (sigh..) Oh well, now that one pocket seems to be taking off pretty good now, what's out their that can come close too or compare to this book? I mean, it's probably not likely, but you never know. Does anyone know if they've planned to make a reprint or something...anything? Can't blame a wannabe for trying can you?
Old 06-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Verified Member

You might want to look for Upscale One Pocket by Jack Koehler. It's a fair starter book for the money (+/- $15 on Amazon)). Not up to the level of Robins' two books though.

Troy
Old 06-28-2005, 08:20 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Ok, I've accepted that I will never see this book in person again. Even though I had the chance to get one even though I wasn't even thinking about taking one-pocket that seriously, I should have plunked down the money to get it.
There are still a good number of Robin's books available, including WOP. Check with Deno Andrews on RSB. He still had a number of them left a couple of months ago. I think they were running $235 at that time.

Doc
Old 06-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Check with Deno Andrews on RSB.
Doc, sorry for my ignorance, but what is RSB?
Old 06-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
rec.sport.billiard
Its a newsgroup.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:33 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
That's rec.sport.billiard. It's a newsgroup. If it's not included in your newsgroup offerings on your ISP, then go to google.com and type rec.sport.billiard in the search box. Follow the directions. When you get on the site, either start a new thread to Deno Andrews, or find his name, click on it, and PM him. He's a nice guy, and also trustworthy.

Doc
Old 06-29-2005, 09:11 AM
Verified Member

Send a message via AIM to mick012656

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc
There are still a good number of Robin's books available, including WOP. Check with Deno Andrews on RSB. He still had a number of them left a couple of months ago. I think they were running $235 at that time.

Doc
I have just bought the Winning One-Pocket book for $220. on e-bay... they are still out there if you look hard enough.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:58 AM
Verified Member

Eddie Robin got 18 copies that Deno had and is selling them on E-Bay. That's supposed to be the last there are. Get them while you can.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:26 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy
You might want to look for Upscale One Pocket by Jack Koehler. It's a fair starter book for the money (+/- $15 on Amazon)). Not up to the level of Robins' two books though.

Troy
I don't know, because I don't have possession of either, but aren't the instructional videos a better bet than "Upscale One Pocket?" I'm thinking Grady's stuff and Willie Jopling's. I heard that "Upscale One Pocket" is too basic. Heard the same thing about Allen Hopkins' video. I know Incardona also has an instructional but I haven't heard any reviews on that one. I never lose hope that one day... perhaps 10 years from now (hey, it may be worth the wait!), Eddie Robins' books will again be widely available. As things now stand, I respectfully refuse to pay over $200 for his books as a matter of principle. And I had two chances of getting 'em.