Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Links & Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Verified Member

Default THE Books

I have both of Eddie`s books and in my humble opinion they are the best books out there on 1P. I purchased "Winning one pocket" from Fountain Inn Red Willis. This was his personal copy which was autographed " To my pal Red signed Weenie Beenie". The other "Shots Moves and Strategies" I ordered directly from Eddie. I re-read and study these regularly. I bought both shortly after they were published for $40 each. They are not for sale, sorry.

Last edited by FoxyCoxy; 07-07-2005 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Robin View Post
Hi Martin,

The answer is a definite yes but I still don't know how long it will take me to get back into business; its been over eight years already since my last publication. I intend to publish books on other games as well. Most of the work was actually completed several years ago but must be somewhat reconstructed due to a computer hard-drive disaster back in 1997.

Thanks once again for your appreciation of my books. The idea of six co-authors, by the way, worked quite well--those guys were much valued for the highly-acclaimed products we put out. I hope to get back into business for them as well as for myself; they have not been sufficiently rewarded for their contributions.

For the playing of a better game,

Eddie Robin
I have all 4 of the ER books and can't wait for the next to be released. I'm guessing that ER & AB should be done writing soon and be a gettin' to publishin'.

I've heard of the Lizard Skin books, I wonder if he'll have any DuckSkin books?

RBL
Old 06-13-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyCoxy View Post
I have both of Eddie`s books and in my humble opinion they are the best books out there on 1P. I purchased "Winning one pocket" from Fountain Inn Red Willis. This was his personal copy which was autographed " To my pal Red signed Weenie Beenie". The other "Shots Moves and Strategies" I ordered directly from Eddie. I re-read and study these regularly. I bought both shortly after they were published for $40 each. They are not for sale, sorry.
I have Winning One Pocket (2nd Edition) and Shots, Moves and Strategies. $300 for the set. If interested email me at rwstock@yahoo.com. Brand new condition.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:54 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdo26 View Post
I don't know, because I don't have possession of either, but aren't the instructional videos a better bet than "Upscale One Pocket?" I'm thinking Grady's stuff and Willie Jopling's. I heard that "Upscale One Pocket" is too basic. Heard the same thing about Allen Hopkins' video. I know Incardona also has an instructional but I haven't heard any reviews on that one. I never lose hope that one day... perhaps 10 years from now (hey, it may be worth the wait!), Eddie Robins' books will again be widely available. As things now stand, I respectfully refuse to pay over $200 for his books as a matter of principle. And I had two chances of getting 'em.
The minute Eddie passes, there will be on demand print copies from India, and ebay will be swamped with them.
I hope it is many many years from now.
The minute they aren't worth anything , most people will quit wanting them at any price.
Especially more than they can sell them for.

Gradys stuff is very good, Incardonas is good also.
Winning One pocket was very good , Shots Moves and Strategies require anyone adventurous enough to shoot some of those shots to be a world class player.
Willie Joplings was gettting out of the break , pretty good , very cautious style.
I thought Upscale One Pocket had a lot of info many people never think of, until it costs them a lot of money.
Hopkins video I have not seen.
He is a great player, so I imagine there is something of value in it.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:32 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Jackets View Post
The minute Eddie passes, there will be on demand print copies from India, and ebay will be swamped with them.
I hope it is many many years from now.
The minute they aren't worth anything , most people will quit wanting them at any price.
Especially more than they can sell them for.

Gradys stuff is very good, Incardonas is good also.
Winning One pocket was very good , Shots Moves and Strategies require anyone adventurous enough to shoot some of those shots to be a world class player.
Willie Joplings was gettting out of the break , pretty good , very cautious style.
I thought Upscale One Pocket had a lot of info many people never think of, until it costs them a lot of money.
Hopkins video I have not seen.
He is a great player, so I imagine there is something of value in it.

The books hold collectable value based on low print runs. Players generally won't afford something like that. But a player who really likes collecting will. Book collectors in general.....

No ones jumping up and down about the noble game of billiards from a few hundred years ago but it's still valuable and lacks the sets depth and range plus cool stories lol.

They are the most some of the most unique works of instruction and literature the game has ever had lol.

I think it's just the same guff as "custom cues are too expensive" so it's not worth it because x production cue works fine.

Plenty like having the real McCoy even if free is available