J. Parica vs. G. Slivka 1996 U.S. Open

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
It's in Kalamazoo, Mich. and I've seen some familiar faces in the crowd, unusual for an AccuStats DVD, at least for me. The scenario is game 7 in a race to 4, Slivka broke and it's Parica's shot. What would you do?

Slivka's Break.jpg

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
They're only a few choices here. I'd try to double him up and make him move the 2 ball or shoot the 8 ball from down table. :confused:
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 0

Fanatic

Verified Member
I may play it this way...13 into the 5 banking it into the stack ...tucking the qball between the 14 and 8 (hopefully;) ) qball position being the main objective... and not selling out
XOXO

Hey lll...you kinda beat me to it :(

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Fanatic said:
I may play it this way...13 into the 5 banking it into the stack ...tucking the qball between the 14 and 8 (hopefully;) ) qball position being the main objective... and not selling out
XOXO

Hey lll...you kinda beat me to it :(

That was my first idea, but it's awfully touchy. Artie can freeze on those balls but it's kinda hard for me.
Glad you're posting. xoxoxo
Rod.

Fanatic

Verified Member
androd said:
That was my first idea, but it's awfully touchy. Artie can freeze on those balls but it's kinda hard for me.
Glad you're posting. xoxoxo
Rod.

LOL...thats why I said hopefully. It can easily be a catastrophy but I'd try it anyway and Im sure Parica wont have an issue freezing the qball. If executed right it could really turn the game around.
XOXO

P.S...glad to be back...miss you guys

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Fanatic said:
LOL...thats why I said hopefully. It can easily be a catastrophy but I'd try it anyway and Im sure Parica wont have an issue freezing the qball. If executed right it could really turn the game around.
XOXO

P.S...glad to be back...miss you guys
fanatic
banking the 5 into the stack might disturb the q thats why i played it my way
also this way the 5 goes near my hole
p.s. nice to see you back xoxoxo
go yankees:)

Fanatic

Verified Member
lll said:
fanatic
banking the 5 into the stack might disturb the q thats why i played it my way
also this way the 5 goes near my hole
p.s. nice to see you back xoxoxo
go yankees:)

As always hard to tell without being their in person....I'd be playing the qball first...I'm flexible as far as whether i hit the pack or not...I have to make sure the qball freezes without selling out...but Id prefer moving as many balls to my side as posible but its not mandatory like qball control.
XOXO

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
androd said:
They're only a few choices here. I'd try to double him up and make him move the 2 ball or shoot the 8 ball from down table. :confused:
Rod.

Rod, it looks like the 8 ball goes, if so your shot is no good. It doesn't look like there is anything available shooting off any ball except the 1 ball. I would shoot off the 1 ball and try to reposition the cue ball on the center diamond on the top rail. It looks like it's laying good for that shot.

Billy I.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
wincardona said:
Rod, it looks like the 8 ball goes, if so your shot is no good. It doesn't look like there is anything available shooting off any ball except the 1 ball. I would shoot off the 1 ball and try to reposition the cue ball on the center diamond on the top rail. It looks like it's laying good for that shot.

Billy I.

I agree - it looks like the best of a bad lot.

- Ghost

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
wincardona said:

Billy I.

ghost said:
I agree - it looks like the best of a bad lot.

Yes I liked that shot and also looked at coming off the bottom of the 2 ball and getting above or behind the 7 ball. The shoot I diagramed would've been further downwind, sorta where you wanted to be off the 1 ball.:D
Rod.
PS, I sorta like having one on my side. :D

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
androd said:
Yes I liked that shot and also looked at coming off the bottom of the 2 ball and getting above or behind the 7 ball. The shoot I diagramed would've been further downwind, sorta where you wanted to be off the 1 ball.:D
Rod.
PS, I sorta like having one on my side. :D
Your shot will work if you can get past the 1 ball and position the cue ball up table near the top rail.

How about banking the 2 ball into the 15 ball (ball under the 5 ball) with left spin and go up table with the cue ball? With this type of a hit the cue ball will hit the rail about 4 more inches down the rail away from the 1 ball. That will allow you to spin up table two rails.

Billy I.

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
another carom

another carom

off the 15 (?) and then off the 6 to lay on the rail between the 4 and the 7 .... it may require taking a hickey and if that is the case, so be it.

Did I mention that i lost three straight games yesterday?

One could actually play the 6 if one's heart is good ....

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
KindlyOleUncleDave said:
off the 15 (?) and then off the 6 to lay on the rail between the 4 and the 7 .... it may require taking a hickey and if that is the case, so be it.

Did I mention that i lost three straight games yesterday?

With that shot make it four games.lol.;)

Billy I.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
If there was a little clearer path beyond the 6-15 I would be looking to pin-ball between those two, but it looks like the stripe and 9-ball cluster blocks that path. Other than the shot several people have mentioned (leaving the cue in the top of the stack), the only alternative I see is spinning the cue ball down toward the 7 ? ball -- with a nearly full hit on the 2 ball, using right soft follow english -- easy to screw up, lol. Ideally you would end up stuck on the 7 ? ball near the bottom rail.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-04-14_07-15-03.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-04-14_07-15-03.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 0

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I go off the one with low right spin and try to get on the bottom rail on the right side of the 7. Another option is to do pretty much the same thing but get behind the three. This is more risky because of the possible scratch and the small gap between the 3 and the rail. They are both very difficult the first time you try this shot but become a lot easier with just a little practice. I would be 80% on this shot and I'm not the whiz.