Watching Efren play Onepocket..the first time

duck

John Brumback said:
I got to watch Efren the first time he played 1 hole. It was In Lex.ky. When he first came around these parts. I think Fredddie was coaching him against Grady.
Well he didn't know anything about the game.He just shot the shot that was In front of him.He didn't really care or understand what Freddie was telling him to shoot. I was setting right there,20 feet from the table. The reason I'm putting this on here Is because I get so tired of people saying your supposed
to shoot this or your supposed do this and on and on. Even when I was young and dumb and green,I would argue with alot of the ole timers on which Is the right or wrong shot. I would say..how could It be the wrong shot when they may have just sat there and watch me runout or come with a great bankshot and win,and they still would say..well you won but you shouldn't have shot that shot like you did. Like I was winning the wrong way.LOL

Efren was spin cutting balls In backwards, and banking,and kicking, and shooting combos. Billiards,caroms.Just what ever shot that HE knew he could make.
He didn't know or care what anybody else thought. To him, It was just another game of pool.All he knew was that he needed to get 8 In his pocket before the guy he was playing did. I just never did and still don't get the part about the ("what your supposed to do") Maybe I'm just hard headed but I'm with Shannon Daulton on this...One of the best tips SD has gave me has been that every time you step up to the table..It's a new game or new shot.
He says that It doesn't matter what you have done the last 10 shots....You still have to shoot the shot that's In front of you now. That's how SD approaches the table every time he steps up. Seems to work good for him also.

Here's my little tip that I'v been saying for along time.
No matter what GAME your playing...If It's on a pool table It's just another
POOL shot.Doesn't matter what the name of the game Is..It's still just another POOL shot. I here people complain all the time that they don't like going from say banks to 9 ball to one pocket so on so ect. It really doesn't and shouldn't matter, If you just do like Efren does and just shoot the POOL shot that's right In front of you. Banking kicking whatever It's just another POOL shot.
Well, It's to wet to plow today. So I just thought I would throw this out here.
Good day,John B.

Hard to argue with Efren's win percentage in one pocket. Billy Incardona had a segment on his instruction tape where he was ticking off things he learned from different players ad when he came to Efren he said he learned not to play him.

Everybody has opinions about how to play everything. You're right that when you are in the box it is up to you to decide what the best shot for you is. It might be the wrong shot but only you have to pay for it if it is. Freddy tells a story about Bugs getting ready to shoot a ball that his backer didn't agree with for the set. A sure loss if he missed. Bugs' backer says if you shoot that ball then I will shoot you and is not joking. Bugs says you will have to shoot me then because I am shooting it and he rifles it in a hundred miles an hour.

That's the great thing about pool you get to let your stoke out and do amazing things. You don't always have to take the dinky safe plays. You can be creative and do things that scare people and make them afraid to leave you anywhere.

And if you are successful with that then you are feared. If not then you are looked at as a sucker and people line up to play you.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
duck said:
Hard to argue with Efren's win percentage in one pocket. Billy Incardona had a segment on his instruction tape where he was ticking off things he learned from different players ad when he came to Efren he said he learned not to play him.

Everybody has opinions about how to play everything. You're right that when you are in the box it is up to you to decide what the best shot for you is. It might be the wrong shot but only you have to pay for it if it is. Freddy tells a story about Bugs getting ready to shoot a ball that his backer didn't agree with for the set. A sure loss if he missed. Bugs' backer says if you shoot that ball then I will shoot you and is not joking. Bugs says you will have to shoot me then because I am shooting it and he rifles it in a hundred miles an hour.

That's the great thing about pool you get to let your stoke out and do amazing things. You don't always have to take the dinky safe plays. You can be creative and do things that scare people and make them afraid to leave you anywhere.

And if you are successful with that then you are feared. If not then you are looked at as a sucker and people line up to play you.

Her is a big factor a great player can do the imposable and 96% off the things the other players cant do. So dont compaire youreself too the tp 5 best.

Because you cant do what they did. Efren does what he knowes and can do. He is very exceptional at his execution. If Eferen would have realy learned one pocket and what it realy id all about. Nobody would have touchet him.

But thats not the case But he doesa lot off things other people cant do. Amd his executions could be the greatest ever in life. Efern has a great personality and attitude.

THe one thing I seen in his gane is he goes into stupers. And does not lock up the game. And gives his oponent a chance to win . When he has a big lead like 7to 2 or 6 to 0 .

He does not play the lock up style in the game at that point. And when he goes into his dtuper he will miss a silly shot or shoot a silly shot. And then he will laugh or smile ams scratch his head like what happened.

But iys hard for any off those players to beat him because they all try to shoot with him. And he is the best.

And I belive the old time players would have been a different story. Everyone in thier prime. Like Bugs Taylor Ronnie Jersey red Corn Bread Red Boston Shorty.

Kelly Cannon Ball Marvine henderson. Steve cook Mexucan Johnny Detroite whity Chriss Mageean. Squarrale Haeold Worst and many moore. THe Field had a lot better players and more.

THe one pocket class today with the great players is very small. But I always ask who playes one pocket the correct way. And when someone comes up with a player.

I ask them can you explain one pocket and why you think you no howe too play the game correctly.

And they say one or two things and then stop. And I dont go any further because I no they dont no.

Think about all the great one pocket players howe many do you think could Explain it.

MY honest answer I dont think thuer is one. Because I just dont think they no.

And what I seen Dippy playes the game better then some off the good players. BUt people wont belive that. Because they dont no.

The two greates gifts that I foind ou in life that helped me. WAs Knowledge and being able to think. And without them I would be lost.

Getting people to think has been the hardest thing to get them to do. Especialy women. I dont no why. Jannet Lee is the only girl that I seen that would think.

And you could get her too think and follow what someone is telling her. And she will do it dhe is the only womon I seen that would do that.

Alleson fisher is a great player. But I realy dont no if she could do that.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Getting people to think has been the hardest thing to get them to do. Especialy women. I dont no why.
I've been saying that very thing to Fanatic & Clare & Sunnyone for years now:D .

Dennis

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
I've been saying that very thing to Fanatic & Clare & Sunnyone for years now:D .

Dennis

I bet they dont belive you but I di because I no its true. And its nothing afainst women. THey dont realize that men and women just think different.

John Brumback

Verified Member
cuesmith said:
Well Johnny, you're right in a way. Each time you come to the table you should shoot what gives you the best chance to win the game. Not necessarily in that inning, but what gives you the best chance for overall success. When it comes to taking

banks, you feel that you can make the shots, but you may be betting the game on one bank. That's what people were trying to explain to you I think. Gary was the same way. He often banked his way out of trouble but he also lost some games he might

have won using a little more patience, when the banks just barely missed their marks. With one pocket, the "golden rule" is that you should never take a shot that could cost you the game, if you're not 100% sure you'll make the shot, providing that there

is a possible way to duck and and not sell out. Of course if the safety is more difficult than the shot, you must take the shot. It's all about knowing your own capabilities. That's why I partially agree with your assessment. What may be the "right shot" for

one person, may not be the "right shot" for another, depending upon their particular abilities.

Hey Sherm,I'll bet Gary lost some games and then told you how he should have went for that bank Instead of ducking too.I'm still trying not to get brainwashed Into all of that still.hehe.Anyway,thanks for partially agreeing with me.I just thought about this thread and went back and looked and sure enough,there It was.See there has been alot of talk about this same thing lately.I just thought I would bring It back up.Your right If you think you can make It, who's to say you shouldn't go for It? Bank, kick, billiard, carom masse whatever.I'm still gonna say you can't beat getting 8 first,In the game of onepocket.John B.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I bet they dont belive you but I di because I no its true. And its nothing afainst women. THey dont realize that men and women just think different.

Men and Women think a lot different. And thats one reason the cant play banks and one opocket.

THey are very weack in the thinkingdepartment. And Greag Sullivan thiks they should play even with the men.

Give me a breack. THat statement is 100 n% incorrect.

And its silly too say that. THe women should play even with the men. Thier ability cordnation and thinking are all different.

And if you canr see that .Take some pool lessions from a women. And let me no what you think.

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Who needs shape? if you can see the ball, you can make it...

Confidence is over-rated. I've seen it lots of times. You can miss a shot just by thinking you can make it. You should know better.

If you win, it is because you made the shot. Right or Wrong, the shot was made.

But, I have to admit, there are tons of great stories about shooting the Wrong shot as opposed to shooting the Correct one.

Artie Bodendorfer said:

Dearest Artie,
All of mankind knows that women and men think differently. It's nothing new. Male and female brain structures are different, thus resulting in cognitive and behavioral differences.

Artie, perhaps you should volunteer to have your brain studied. Think of the wonderful contribution you could make to neuroscience.

Clare

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Clare said:
Dearest Artie,
All of mankind knows that women and men think differently. It's nothing new. Male and female brain structures are different, thus resulting in cognitive and behavioral differences.

Artie, perhaps you should volunteer to have your brain studied. Think of the wonderful contribution you could make to neuroscience.

Clare

I would but whorver or what i was put on earth for might not likr it.

And when My joutney ends thats the eay it will be. And I will be looking forward too seeing my parents again and all the people in my life.

And I will get to see my creator. and his Son Jesus Christ.

And thank them in person for givivg me the chance and time to experence life on earth.

And the reiuniene will he a joyfull site. Not sadness and emptiyness.

And that life was worth living. And I will find the answer too Why I was her too start with.

And I will love in eternale life forever with my family and the the creator off man. And his son who dided for our dins.

So we can have hope and live again in eternal life. And nothing is more beautifull then that.

Because it will be forever. And that is mu belive and goal iwhen my journey ends.

THier is no anger no bitterness no pain. no arguing.no disapointments. JUst peace and love forever. And all my worldy fears and anger and disapointmentswill all be gone.

And left on the planet. And they will not be thier with god in paridise. Because they are worldly things we all go through her living our life.

And Clasre you are so wright about women and howe much nicer they are then men. THet are like a flower full off love and understanding.

Not like men who costantantly think and plot and slend thier time figuring out howe to manover or beat someone out off thier money.

Womens minds are gentle and understanding. And men want to be strong and powerfull Even Phsical.

And you can even see the differences with little boys and girls playing when they are young.

ITs the boys that almost always are the ones that get angry and upset.

And Women can think about it and they will be ok. WEre a boy or a man has too go by himself and think about it and he still might not be ok.

And the bigest joke is that I see men and HUsbands try to give advice and fix thier wifes problem ot girl friends peoblem.

When they dont even no what thier problem is. How are you going too fix it if the dont no what it is. And they cant fox it themselves.

JUst be nice and llet them taslk. Dont try to fix something you cant fix. Let them think about it. And just listen. And they will be ok.

But women dont act like men . The men act just like animals. And women are gentele and kind. And the no howe too nurture babies. And children.

Men never learn all these things. Because they are maco and thats a women thing.

And life and socity is makeing women more like men all the time.

Women are more understanding and they realy belive in keeping the family together.

WEre men can get up and go like nothing happened and walk away frome thier problem and do thier part in the responsability they are part off.

THey just walk out anf leave. With no feealings and compaeeion. Or even thinking about what they are leaving.

If women ran the world thier woulld be more love peace and harmoney.

And Women think different then men. THats why thier are way more men locket up for crimes then women. ESpecialy sesious crimes.

Even though Telivision trys too change that. And with out Women Nan kind would die. Because yhier would be no rebirth and someone too take care off the babies.

And thier are exceptions too this too.

And when I little boy or girl gets hurt or has a problem. THey come running too thier mother not thier father.

Women cannot compete withn men i perfesionale levels.Because off thier thinking and thier ability.

And Women are better then men at some things and men are better then women at other things.

And together they make a perfect combination. So whatever you do treat them like you would treat a Rose and you will bring out the trure beauty in both off you.

And dont ever loose respect twords each other. And womens feelings get hurt easier then men.

Men will just get more angrer. Look and see and be aware off howe men and women are different.

And youre understanding and love for them will grow.

All the are looking for is for someone too love them. And too look up to you to take care off them.

And if you do that thier love and loyalty will be thier forever.

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Men and Women think a lot different. And thats one reason the cant play banks and one opocket.

THey are very weack in the thinkingdepartment.

boy! a-la-mode that one for me!

why does one picture a boyo with sandals and black socks, with hygienic lapses, typing with spatulate fingers ... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie Bodendorfer

Getting people to think has been the hardest thing to get them to do. Especialy women. I dont no why.

Cowboy Dennis said:

Dennis

few deserve such a friend.

being teased is my life,

sunny

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
sunnyone said:
boy! a-la-mode that one for me!

why does one picture a boyo with sandals and black socks, with hygienic lapses, typing with spatulate fingers ... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie Bodendorfer

few deserve such a friend.

being teased is my life,

sunny

This is not for one person. And I am not sigaling out anybody.

Like I said Women have a more gentale and nicer way about them. And when I am talking about women thinking. Its about pool and gambling.

And thier minds just dot think like men do when it comes too gambling and thinking. Even in pool.

Its hard for them too realy look at the whole pocture. And playing safe 98% off the women realy dont no what secision too mske.

And Women mite love pool more then men. But thier interest in the game is not the same.

Men will play for two or three days. Women after 10 houers are finishet. And the gambling part in pool will never catch on for women.

And the reason some women gamble at pool is because thier are men in the back ground telling them and showeing them wat to do. Even they few women that gamble.

Like Lorra Shampoo THe Black Widow. and a few more and thats it. But its the men behind them. Or else the would loose all thier money.

Wuthout someone telling them what to do.

Gambling is not for women. And even in cards . If they played the would go off like a rocket. Andthe women who play good cardsand no howe too protect themselves. Is because a man smartened them up.

Not because the learned it on thier owne. And Betting sports I never seen a women who new what she was doing. Excepte the girl that worhet for me.

And the only reason she new is because she learned it from me. But gambling and Women does not mix.

And When the women come to Las Vegas they are not comeing too gamble.

the came too give thier momney away.

BUt women have a lot off strongbpoints that men cant do. And Women and Men both have thier place in life.

And if the women ran the country. THier would be less wors and less courupyion in polotics and the goverment.

Because women want too make it a better world for them and thier family.

And especialy thier children. And they have more feelings and are more giving.

And who knowes in time when itsall one leader in the world. Hopefully it will be a women in charge.

Men have a ego problem. And women just want too look good.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:

And when My joutney ends thats the eay it will be. And I will be looking forward too seeing my parents again and all the people in my life.

And thank them in person for givivg me the chance and time to experence life on earth.

And that life was worth living. And I will find the answer too Why I was her too start with.

And I will love in eternale life forever with my family and the the creator off man. And his son who dided for our dins.

So we can have hope and live again in eternal life. And nothing is more beautifull then that.

Because it will be forever. And that is mu belive and goal iwhen my journey ends.

THier is no anger no bitterness no pain. no arguing.no disapointments. JUst peace and love forever. And all my worldy fears and anger and disapointmentswill all be gone.

And left on the planet. And they will not be thier with god in paridise. Because they are worldly things we all go through her living our life.

You are an Internet Evangelist now Artie. There is no better thing that you can do with your life. And I now accept this message and declare that Jesus Christ is also my Lord and Saviour and we shall both dwell in the House Of The Lord forever. That does not mean that you will have to be arround me all of the time. No, that might be like being in the lowest regions of hell, but it means we can visit each other whenever we both want to

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:

And Clasre you are so wright about women and howe much nicer they are then men. THet are like a flower full off love and understanding.

Not like men who costantantly think and plot and slend thier time figuring out howe to manover or beat someone out off thier money.

Womens minds are gentle and understanding. And men want to be strong and powerfull Even Phsical.

And you can even see the differences with little boys and girls playing when they are young.

ITs the boys that almost always are the ones that get angry and upset.

And Women can think about it and they will be ok. WEre a boy or a man has too go by himself and think about it and he still might not be ok.

And the bigest joke is that I see men and HUsbands try to give advice and fix thier wifes problem ot girl friends peoblem.

When they dont even no what thier problem is. How are you going too fix it if the dont no what it is. And they cant fox it themselves.

JUst be nice and llet them taslk. Dont try to fix something you cant fix. Let them think about it. And just listen. And they will be ok.

But women dont act like men . The men act just like animals. And women are gentele and kind. And the no howe too nurture babies. And children.

Men never learn all these things. Because they are maco and thats a women thing.

And life and socity is makeing women more like men all the time.

Women are more understanding and they realy belive in keeping the family together.

WEre men can get up and go like nothing happened and walk away frome thier problem and do thier part in the responsability they are part off.

THey just walk out anf leave. With no feealings and compaeeion. Or even thinking about what they are leaving.

If women ran the world thier woulld be more love peace and harmoney.

And Women think different then men. THats why thier are way more men locket up for crimes then women. ESpecialy sesious crimes.

Even though Telivision trys too change that. And with out Women Nan kind would die. Because yhier would be no rebirth and someone too take care off the babies.

And thier are exceptions too this too.

And when I little boy or girl gets hurt or has a problem. THey come running too thier mother not thier father.

Women cannot compete withn men i perfesionale levels.Because off thier thinking and thier ability.

And Women are better then men at some things and men are better then women at other things.

And together they make a perfect combination. So whatever you do treat them like you would treat a Rose and you will bring out the trure beauty in both off you.

And dont ever loose respect twords each other. And womens feelings get hurt easier then men.

Men will just get more angrer. Look and see and be aware off howe men and women are different.

And youre understanding and love for them will grow.

All the are looking for is for someone too love them. And too look up to you to take care off them.

And if you do that thier love and loyalty will be thier forever.
Wow, did you pick up a lot of points with this post.

Do yourself and everyone a favor and continue to talk about life and less about 8/7
as opposed to 9/8.;)

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
Wow, did you pick up a lot of points with this post.

Do yourself and everyone a favor and continue to talk about life and less about 8/7
as opposed to 9/8.;)

Billy I.

I never needed a coach in life. I always choose what to do and what too say.

Because I belive in what I say. And as for everyone else I let them think and belive what they want.

Its all up too them. Its thier decision not someone else . Telling them what to think or say.

Nobody can live youre life for you. And the proof is if everyone we no is gone.

We will still be the ones makeing our own dhoices and decisions.

And we still will be controling our lives. Weather its good bad or just passing time.

Everyone is one person.And some people love controlong other people and telling them what too do and how too think.

BUt the way I learned it we have too do it ourselves. Nobody can do it for us.

And the person it will affect is ourselves. And in life thier are lots off opeople who no a lot about different subjects.

That we can learn from. THats why I always say . If you want to no the answer go to someone who knowes andis qualified.

THey will be able to help you with the answer that you are looking for.

Life is a trial and error experience. And I have made thousands off errors and mistakes.

And thats ok because thats how we leaen. And even in pool you her meny different andwers.

But you have to listen too what they say about thier answer. Not just saying thats wright or wrong.

People need to explain why they think its wright or wrong and then you can draw your own concousion.

And Likr the 8 to 7 and 9 to 8 all people keepte doing is repeting that 8 to 7 is better then 9 to 8.

Well thier was no reason thoo keep saying the same think over and over. When everyone agreed.

The lession that I brought out and mneeded to be learned. was missunderstood and not seen.

And that was why I said it in the first place. And if Shane is the better shooter. THen Why wouldnt the longer game be better for the better shooter???????

And I no from playing the game myself meny times over and over. Witch I no nobody else did.

Yet they think they are qualified toanswer the qouistion. THat the never played or tried.

I no I wone more games playing Bugs 9 to 8 then I would have won 8 to 7.

I wish he was still her. Were he could answer that himself.

And then people would see why 9 to 8 is better for me then playing him 8 to 7.

And Bugs would definastly say 8 to 7 is better then 9 to 8.

But in this case I think he would change his opinion.

IF Freddy would play a player that he knowes he is smater then him.

But he is a better shooter Why would he want to make it easier for the better shooter.

And if the game comes down too the last ball. Weather its 8 to 7 or 9 to 8 .

Isnt everything the same. Both players needing one ball.

But running out will stop a player from running nine and out.then 8 and out.

And a great shooter will run 7 or eight balls just about the same were 9 to 8 will make a bigger difference.

Let a player run the balls and see howe meny times he will run 9 balls compaired too 8 balls.

See the difference. And you will see howe much difference it will make. If you could show all the games that Scott and Shane played.

And see howe the yhe balls were run. And if the game was different. one game makes a difference off two games. THats howe big it is.

And if it goes down too the game ball. Who is the favorite and by howe much.

And I would like too bet that Shane runs more 8 and outs then Scott runs 9 and out.

And I will take you up on me talking more about life then 8 to 7. If you talk more about you being a doctor. THen 9 to 8.

Back in my time I would probable say. I played more one pocket then anyone else.

And Probably 5 times as much as Billy in my playing time. And I can Honestly say that nobody studied the game the way that I did.

All most people did was learn all the shots and moves. And once they learned that.

THey thought they were a onepocket player. And the thinking todayhasant changed either.

And it is very important too learn all the shots and moves.

BUT how do you take it too a higher levele. THat is the qouistion.

Everyr one practices thier shooting their moveing thier position. Kiss shots and all the offensive things about the game. Even all the different banks.

And howe meny people realy study just the game. And practice improving thier knowledge.

Does anyone do that. I never have seen it. THe even practice kick shots . But not enough. THe stratigee off the game and learning to be smarter is not pracrticet. Why.

I have seen many onepocket players. Leaning too become a great player. And the learn to shoot bank howe too run the balls. And they learn the moves and te aggresive shots.

And they think they nothe game. And learning the shots and moves is everyones biggest part off learning rhe game.

Well all the good and great onepocket players know howe too do that. Even the avarage and weacker players no the moves and shots.

Better then the great players. But they cannot excicute the shot. So people but them in a different caragoty.

But what player do you no that has tahen the game to a higher levele? None.

WE no thier are players that will shoot and try some off the aggresive shots. And even shots that look imposable. THey are very creative in shooting shots that are different and unusual.

But howe meny realy think about howe to become a smasrther thinker. None. Because they dont think about it and thier mind is not geared up too thinkthat way.

So the go back too thier shooting and moveing and playing the style the have always played.

And thier game does not go too a higher levele. Because everything improves but thier thinking.

And they work on improveing thier skills. Witch is very good. But thier ismoretoo it thenn hat.

People would rather disagree then learn something. Because they think they no. But realy dont.

And people go along with it because they dont no either. And they listen too someone who has a repotation. And they seen themplay and talk.

And they dont see what is the way too go. And If its not explained and showen .Howe can people learn it.

And Billy is getting much better now then he was a year ago. When he would only say what shot.

Know he not onlt gives his shot. But he also explaines it . Witch is a big step forward.

And If you dont belive me go back 4 and 4 years. And see the posta from today.

Sonce I sarted with my wonderfull spellinf and sentences. Almost everyone is starting to explain.

What they are talking about and even thier shot selections. You cannot just give a answer without explaining. Whyyou choose that answer.

And your explination will realy be the back bone off your answer.

And the posts atr getting longer. And more information is given out by everyone.

And thats what needs to be done so people can understasnd it.
And by talking the coumunication will also be better.

WE have come a long ways. With all the breacking down off shots. And selections. And talking about what the players did in the game.

And everything on this site has reay gone up. Everything is better. And what I see and like the most. Is people are more opem.

And feel comftrable saying what they want too express.

We havent herd from. Old School for a While.

I would like to her what he has too say aboyt what I just wrote.

And I belive he might not be posting. BUt I feel he is out thier Listning and hering too what is being said.

And it would be nice for you too say hello. Because you are part off this site like everyone else.

And its always good to her from people who say what they belive and think.

Even if we think different. BUt I would love too her from you and so would all the othier people who read youre posts.

And you do have a great name. OLD SCHOOL. And it would be good to no that you are still her with us.

And your Ideas are different but I belive deep down inside. You no and have the real answers.

And you can be a big help to reinforce. What is the truth and needs to come out.

You might be one off the few people who knowes they truth. And can tellit. Howe it was realy like.

WE have had our differences. AS far as I am concered thats all gone and in the past.

It would be a honer too her from you.

Tell youre side off what you think about all off what you herd and read.. I no its hard too do in a few sentences.

JUst you saying Hello to everyone would be a strong support.

Youre apearence and reply. Will show people that it does make a difference what people say.

And thier is no cooler name. Then old school. Hope you are in good health.

And give your opinion off what has been written and posted.

And you peplying will make it all worth wild.

Thank you for replying or not replying.

But you were on my mind. So I wrote this to show you howe I fell.

And old School Will allways be my School.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
And if the game comes down too the last ball. Weather its 8 to 7 or 9 to 8 .

Isnt everything the same. Both players needing one ball.
This is another incorrect statement Artie. With them both needing one ball in the 8-7 game there are 2 balls on the table.

Dennis

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Artie Bodendorfer said:
/snip of 1,684 words/

Speaking of Old School.... after his last unpopular post, he's never been back. I think it's about time for another one. They pop up every 4 or 5 months.:)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Fast Lenny said:
You are all fu$^*ng nuts! :D
Would you please explain that, what you said. Any one can say that but you need to explain why so we can learn.;)

Also while your at it ask Artie how he knows that if Bugs would of played him 8/7 instead of 9/8 would he have won as many games? But how could he know since Bugs never gve him 8/7.:)

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I never needed a coach in life. I always choose what to do and what too say.

Because I belive in what I say. And as for everyone else I let them think and belive what they want.

Its all up too them. Its thier decision not someone else . Telling them what to think or say.

Nobody can live youre life for you. And the proof is if everyone we no is gone.

ack in my time I would probable say. I played more one pocket then anyone else.

And Probably 5 times as much as Billy in my playing time. And I can Honestly say that nobody studied the game the way that I did.

All most people did was learn all the shots and moves. And once they learned that.

THey thought they were a onepocket player. And the thinking todayhasant changed either.

And it is very important too learn all the shots and moves.

BUT how do you take it too a higher levele. THat is the qouistion.

Everyr one practices thier shooting their moveing thier position. Kiss shots and all the offensive things about the game. Even all the different banks.

And howe meny people realy study just the game. And practice improving thier knowledge.

Does anyone do that. I never have seen it. THe even practice kick shots . But not enough. THe stratigee off the game and learning to be smarter is not pracrticet. Why.

I have seen many onepocket players. Leaning too become a great player. And the learn to shoot bank howe too run the balls. And they learn the moves and te aggresive shots.

And they think they nothe game. And learning the shots and moves is everyones biggest part off learning rhe game.

Well all the good and great onepocket players know howe too do that. Even the avarage and weacker players no the moves and shots.

Better then the great players. But they cannot excicute the shot. So people but them in a different caragoty.

But what player do you no that has tahen the game to a higher levele? None.

WE no thier are players that will shoot and try some off the aggresive shots. And even shots that look imposable. THey are very creative in shooting shots that are different and unusual.

But howe meny realy think about howe to become a smasrther thinker. None. Because they dont think about it and thier mind is not geared up too thinkthat way.

So the go back too thier shooting and moveing and playing the style the have always played.

And thier game does not go too a higher levele. Because everything improves but thier thinking.

And they work on improveing thier skills. Witch is very good. But thier ismoretoo it thenn hat.

People would rather disagree then learn something. Because they think they no. But realy dont.

And people go along with it because they dont no either. And they listen too someone who has a repotation. And they seen themplay and talk.

And they dont see what is the way too go. And If its not explained and showen .Howe can people learn it.

And Billy is getting much better now then he was a year ago. When he would only say what shot.

Know he not onlt gives his shot. But he also explaines it . Witch is a big step forward.

And If you dont belive me go back 4 and 4 years. And see the posta from today.

Sonce I sarted with my wonderfull spellinf and sentences. Almost everyone is starting to explain.

What they are talking about and even thier shot selections. You cannot just give a answer without explaining. Whyyou choose that answer.

And your explination will realy be the back bone off your answer.

And the posts atr getting longer. And more information is given out by everyone.

And thats what needs to be done so people can understasnd it.
And by talking the coumunication will also be better.

WE have come a long ways. With all the breacking down off shots. And selections. And talking about what the players did in the game.

And everything on this site has reay gone up. Everything is better. And what I see and like the most. Is people are more opem.

And feel comftrable saying what they want too express.

We havent herd from. Old School for a While.

I would like to her what he has too say aboyt what I just wrote.

And I belive he might not be posting. BUt I feel he is out thier Listning and hering too what is being said.

And it would be nice for you too say hello. Because you are part off this site like everyone else.

And its always good to her from people who say what they belive and think.

Even if we think different. BUt I would love too her from you and so would all the othier people who read youre posts.

And you do have a great name. OLD SCHOOL. And it would be good to no that you are still her with us.

And your Ideas are different but I belive deep down inside. You no and have the real answers.

And you can be a big help to reinforce. What is the truth and needs to come out.

You might be one off the few people who knowes they truth. And can tellit. Howe it was realy like.

WE have had our differences. AS far as I am concered thats all gone and in the past.

It would be a honer too her from you.

Tell youre side off what you think about all off what you herd and read.. I no its hard too do in a few sentences.

JUst you saying Hello to everyone would be a strong support.

Youre apearence and reply. Will show people that it does make a difference what people say.

And thier is no cooler name. Then old school. Hope you are in good health.

And give your opinion off what has been written and posted.

And you peplying will make it all worth wild.

Thank you for replying or not replying.

But you were on my mind. So I wrote this to show you howe I fell.

Artie, I would like to ask you a few questions, you say that 30 years ago you played 5 times as much one pocket as I did well you probably did. 30 years ago I played vey little one pocket, I played almost all nine ball. But lets talk about the last 25 years when you were in Vegas and I was still playing pool on and off.

In the last say 25 to 30 years I have had the luxory to sit next to the worlds best one pocket players doing commentary. Players like Ervolino, Mizerak, Hopkins, Fusco, Daulton, Jeremy Jones, Diliberto, Mathews, Joyner, Frost, and the list goes on and on. Not only have I done commentary with all the mentioned champions, I have also played all of them a countless number of times. Plus I have played every champion in the last 30 years, players you're very familar with like Bugs, Mexican Johnny, Corn Bread, Baby Face, Reyes, Parica, Florence, Ronnie Allen, Kelly, Jersey Red, Cecil, SJD, Paul Jones, The Beard, and many many more players that I haven't mentioned. If the truth was known I probably played more champions than any one living today. Artie does that count for something? Do you think that I learned any thing during that time? Do you think in the last 30 years I could have possibly improved my game?

Maybe you know more about one pocket than any one alive, maybe not, but the players I played know a little them selves, at least I think so.

So 30 years ago you played 5 times as much one pocket as I did, ok. Well in the last 30 years I made a little of that up.:D

Billy I.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
wincardona said:
Artie, I would like to ask you a few questions, you say that 30 years ago you played 5 times as much one pocket as I did well you probably did. 30 years ago I played vey little one pocket, I played almost all nine ball. But lets talk about the last 25 years when you were in Vegas and I was still playing pool on and off.

In the last say 25 to 30 years I have had the luxory to sit next to the worlds best one pocket players doing commentary. Players like Ervolino, Mizerak, Hopkins, Fusco, Daulton, Jeremy Jones, Diliberto, Mathews, Joyner, Frost, and the list goes on and on. Not only have I done commentary with all the mentioned champions, I have also played all of them a countless number of times. Plus I have played every champion in the last 30 years, players you're very familar with like Bugs, Mexican Johnny, Reyes, Parica, Corn Bread, Baby Face, Florence, Ronnie Allen, Kelly, Jersey Red, Cecil, SJD, Paul Jones, The Beard, and many many more players that I haven't mentioned. If the truth was known I probably played more champions than any one living today. Artie does that count for something? Do you think that I learned any thing during that time? Do you think in the last 30 years I could have possibly improved my game?

Maybe you know more about one pocket than any one alive, maybe not, but the players I played know a little them selves, at least I think so.

So 30 years ago you played 5 times as much one pocket as I did, ok. Well in the last 30 years I made a little of that up.:D

Billy I.
By the way I have at one time or another beaten every player that I have mentioned in the above post, I consider that as a great accomplishment that I am very proud of. And I also would like to add that it took more than straight shooting.:D

Billy I.