onepockethacker challenges Lou

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
wow, that's really too bad about World Class, it was a great room, what with all the 9 footers and the 3C tables. When I couldn't get a 1pocket game I'd shoot some 9ball or 3C with the regulars. Really nice guys.

I did have to wonder though if they weren't approaching the end, even back then. As I recall, the regulars had all chipped in to get a few of the primo tables recovered because the owner couldn't afford to do it.

Lou Figueroa
Many of them have migrated to Mazin Shooni's room in Malden, which I drove 1-1/2 hours to Saturday -- but it must have been my imagination because I don't get out lol.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Many of them have migrated to Mazin Shooni's room in Malden, which I drove 1-1/2 hours to Saturday -- but it must have been my imagination because I don't get out lol.

Steve can make a funny.

Lou Figueroa
who knew

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
As I said: if it works out, you can show me at the DCC. The working out part would be the game, bet, and rules. If we can work it out we will play. If we can't arrive at some kind of comity we won't.

Lou Figueroa

I've read all the posts and very entertaining, especially the beginning, to say the least.

Please don't take this the wrong way either of you guys, of course my opinion means absolutely nothing, but I'd ask for 11-6 :) then see if anybody makes a move. Someone may feel good of this line regardless.

Rob's a very good player where Lou's a good shortstop. Then all this unnecessary woofing, that turned weird towards the end, could maybe cease jmo

Just a suggestion to get something going, can't be that far off can it?

Bill <--- loves to see good competition

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Mitch

Mitch

Mitch,
I meant you... not steve... I am getting old and can't see... surely 9 to 7 for someone who never miss's isn't too much of a spot...lol

B

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I've read all the posts and very entertaining, especially the beginning, to say the least.

Please don't take this the wrong way either of you guys, of course my opinion means absolutely nothing, but I'd ask for 11-6 :) then see if anybody makes a move. Someone may feel good of this line regardless.

Rob's a very good player where Lou's a good shortstop. Then all this unnecessary woofing, that turned weird towards the end, could maybe cease jmo

OMG, Lou is far, far, from a shortstop:sorry

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
onepockethacker challenges Lou

Mitch,

I meant you... not steve... I am getting old and can't see... surely 9 to 7 for someone who never miss's isn't too much of a spot...lol

B

If by "never miss" you mean never miss shooting the ball straight into the rail, then I confess, Brother Bille, you have me pegged 😇. While we are being so open and honest, surely just your friendship with JB, let alone the banking lessons you have been giving him are worth a few balls advantage. I will therefore grudgingly accept just 10-8 from you so as not to insult your superior banking skills and not cause your squeaky clean conscience the undue stress it would suffer if you took advantage of a young rookie like myself.

Your brethren in this fine game,

Mitch 😇😇

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
OMG, Lou is far, far, from a shortstop:sorry

I've been involved with serious pool for 40+ years

Have seen what a diverse crowd pool produces, so many real and different personalities

It's obvious that Lou has ruffled some feathers but lets forget personal characteristics for the moment

Both of these guys are into the game we together cherish the most. Despite the skill difference they're both 'One Pocket' players. A good shortstop would have to be able to play in order to hang with a player of Rob's calibre, 11-7 or 11-6. So yes I would call Lou a good shortstop

Maybe Rob thinks he's stealing or maybe Lou thinks he has the best of it? I don't know. But it would be interesting if they got together. I would consider paying to view. I watched a little Barton and Lou and thought pretty cool. Did think that Lou had the best of it :) but with all the hype, similar to here, it did occur

Just an opinion for possible action, something I've craved thru out my pool career. Impossible but would like to see a good match that both could win. Maybe pay to view would help both while settling a grudge

I put 'One Pocket' on a level far above any other pool game. It's the best imo. And think a match like this could attract a fair amount of attention therefore promoting our game

Bill <--- would like to see two One Pocket players go at it and thank you Steve for OnePocket.Org

onepockethacker

Verified Member

Why would I offer 11 to 6 the whole point of this was that Lou said he liked 11 to 7... whats the problem... However if you would like to stake me 11 to 6 I will play my ass off for you How much should we bet?

lfigueroa

Verified Member
I've been involved with serious pool for 40+ years

Have seen what a diverse crowd pool produces, so many real and different personalities

It's obvious that Lou has ruffled some feathers but lets forget personal characteristics for the moment

Both of these guys are into the game we together cherish the most. Despite the skill difference they're both 'One Pocket' players. A good shortstop would have to be able to play in order to hang with a player of Rob's calibre, 11-7 or 11-6. So yes I would call Lou a good shortstop

Maybe Rob thinks he's stealing or maybe Lou thinks he has the best of it? I don't know. But it would be interesting if they got together. I would consider paying to view. I watched a little Barton and Lou and thought pretty cool. Did think that Lou had the best of it :) but with all the hype, similar to here, it did occur

Just an opinion for possible action, something I've craved thru out my pool career. Impossible but would like to see a good match that both could win. Maybe pay to view would help both while settling a grudge

I put 'One Pocket' on a level far above any other pool game. It's the best imo. And think a match like this could attract a fair amount of attention therefore promoting our game

Bill <--- would like to see two One Pocket players go at it and thank you Steve for OnePocket.Org

At the risk of getting into this far more deeply than I care to I will say this: when hacker offered 11-7 I was like, sure, that's fine, something to do at the DCC. I'll generally play anyone for $10/$20 a game. And at that price I do like 11-7.

Then he came back over the top and asks if I want to play for $5K/$10K.

*That* is an entirely different thing. I don't even play for $500 much less $5K. And when I did *one time* I played below my normal speed. And that's what hacker is counting on. He has experience betting more and figures I'll get arm freeze. So thats that. For more dough I probably would need 11-6 and Jim is correct -- I'm no shortstop. Just a recreational player who likes to play for $10 or $20 a game.

Lou Figueroa

onepockethacker

Verified Member
At the risk of getting into this far more deeply than I care to I will say this: when hacker offered 11-7 I was like, sure, that's fine, something to do at the DCC. I'll generally play anyone for $10/$20 a game. And at that price I do like 11-7.

*That* is an entirely different thing. I don't even play for $500 much less $5K. And when I did *one time* I played below my normal speed. And that's what hacker is counting on. He has experience betting more and figures I'll get arm freeze. So thats that. For more dough I probably would need 11-6 and Jim is correct -- I'm no shortstop. Just a recreational player who likes to play for $10 or $20 a game.

Lou Figueroa

Well Lou you have finally made a post I respect.. I thought you bet more.. I will leave you alone.. I wouldn't give you 11 to 7 for cheap.. I just don't let people learn off of me and give them the best of the game.. I never play so I won't know if Im going to play good or bad until the day of the game.. If you change your mind about betting more let me know.

have a nice day:)

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI

Lou Figueroa

If this was the 2nd post in this thread there wouldn't have been 270 more after it.

Now that people know this it should end it all. :rolleyes:

I think there should be a onepocket.org towel that says "I'll play cheap One Pocket" and when you go into a new pool room you drape it over your chair or your case or wherever so people can see it.

It would be a good icebreaker.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
If this was the 2nd post in this thread there wouldn't have been 270 more after it.

Now that people know this it should end it all. :rolleyes:

I think there should be a onepocket.org towel that says "I'll play cheap One Pocket" and when you go into a new pool room you drape it over your chair or your case or wherever so people can see it.

It would be a good icebreaker.

Maybe we could draw fish into the carpet or an ashtray.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Speed

Speed

IMO Lou's one pocket game is around the same speed as Ghost or mine. If we did play frequently we would take turns beating each other.

I only played Lou once, a short race few years back at a tournament Doc ran in Mississippi and won, but I had a big advantage having been in the room a couple days playing and I believe Lou just made it in time for the tournament.

I have watched Lou play a few times and Lou, like Ghost and me, has beaten better players and lost to worse ones.

Just for conversation sake, I think 11/7 would be a close game.

As far as all the other BS, I have played Lou, had a few beers and dinner with him and enjoyed his company. I also like the room and people at House of Billiards in Santa Monica and it is hard to believe you could go in a known action pool room several times without getting played. Lou pushed a few wrong buttons and they pushed back.

It is all Internet BS and given many of us a little entertainment when we are not playing one pocket.:D