I owe this game to my pal, Rod

Skin

Verified Member
Wasn't sure what I should do with this when it came up a couple of days ago. Suddenly, a voice bellowed inside my head, "Shoot the kick, Skin!" It was Rod, who showed me this shot on here one time. The balls were sitting perfect for it.

Rod, you da man!...but you're kinda spooky, pal. ;) :D

Skin < $30 richer

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@1AYvI3BVeM3CScK3DPiK3EMoN4FVeL4GSTM3HDiK3IGcL3JJVM4KOsN4LLyO4MJeN4NGkO4ODyM3PNTH3QcYt1UYvI1UXAm3UcQs3VVeM3VVFM3kNTH1kbin1kXQl1kVdQ3lcYt3lchp1uBnA@[/CUETABLE]

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Yeah, the kick bank is a great shot to have in your arsenal and they're a class of shots that really changes your game (especially the end game) once you get used to recognizing and shooting them. Before you really see that kind of shot, you feel stuck in that kind of situation, but once you see it, it's like "Wow, that was easy, can't believe it took me this long to shoot it..." :) I know that's how I felt. Grady does a real good job illustrating those kind of kick banks on his various DVDs. I assume the shot worked out for ya?

Skin

Verified Member
Yeah, it worked out great - I sank it. It was a true ah-ha moment just like you described. twister.

Skin

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Skin said:
Wasn't sure what I should do with this when it came up a couple of days ago. Suddenly, a voice bellowed inside my head, "Shoot the kick, Skin!" It was Rod, who showed me this shot on here one time. The balls were sitting perfect for it.

Skin < $30 richer

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@1AYvI3BVeM3CScK3DPiK3EMoN4FVeL4GSTM3HDiK3IGcL3JJVM4KOsN4LLyO4MJeN4NGkO4ODyM3PNTH3QcYt1UYvI1UXAm3UcQs3VVeM3VVFM3kNTH1kbin1kXQl1kVdQ3lcYt3lchp1uBnA@[/CUETABLE]

GOOD EYE !:p
Rod.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
twister said:
Yeah, the kick bank is a great shot to have in your arsenal and they're a class of shots that really changes your game (especially the end game) once you get used to recognizing and shooting them. Before you really see that kind of shot, you feel stuck in that kind of situation, but once you see it, it's like "Wow, that was easy, can't believe it took me this long to shoot it..." :) I know that's how I felt. Grady does a real good job illustrating those kind of kick banks on his various DVDs. I assume the shot worked out for ya?

Grady didn't exactly invent the kick shot, but he was the West coast distributor for many years. He would play kick shots from almost any weird angle, and usually very effectively.

Manys the time, a guy's excuse for losing a 1P game would be..."yeah, I had him trapped, but he shit out on me with a f-ing "Grady shot"..:eek:

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Again, memories

Again, memories

Thanks for the nice words, venerable posters. I actually learned some great kick shots from two old warriors, Tugboat Whaley and Glen "The Ufaula Kid" Womack. Sjd will probably recall these erstwhile gentlemen.
"Surfer Rod" was/is a magnificent high roller and player. The last time I saw him was at my and Ritchie's Reno tournament in 1993.The last time I played Rod circa late 70's, we were betting $1,300 a game to start with. It doesn't matter how it came out.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Grady said:
Thanks for the nice words, venerable posters. I actually learned some great kick shots from two old warriors, Tugboat Whaley and Glen "The Ufaula Kid" Womack. Sjd will probably recall these erstwhile gentlemen.
"Surfer Rod" was/is a magnificent high roller and player. The last time I saw him was at my and Ritchie's Reno tournament in 1993.The last time I played Rod circa late 70's, we were betting $1,300 a game to start with. It doesn't matter how it came out.

Grady, don't get me mixed up with the traveling pool sucker Surfer Rod. Although you and I played probably a hundred games or so in houston in the 70's. But never that high, it doesn't matter how they came out either. LOL ;)
Rodney.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Skin said:

Skin < $30 richer

skin , great shot. since its christmas , i cant wait to hear what you got rod.:D

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Of course

Of course

I remember you Rodney but I wasn't sure if the Rod posting here was you or Surfer. Doesn't matter,really. You guys are both fine players and class gentlemen.

Skin

Verified Member
androd said:
Larry, I'm expecting what the little boy shot at. ( 0 )
Rod.

Look at it this way, Rod. It leaves more room for lumps of coal in your stocking. :eek:

Skin