JRHendy DCC one pocket

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Played my first match today against a 20 year old from Michigan and got drilled 3/0.

I may have won one game but had a goofy scratch. The way this young guy plays, I was not likely to win the set.

Will be interesting to see how far he goes and if he can keep this speed against some of the top guns.

I do not like getting beat but it is nice to see a young player who can play one pocket like this guy.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Played my first match today against a 20 year old from Michigan and got drilled 3/0.

I may have won one game but had a goofy scratch. The way this young guy plays, I was not likely to win the set.

Will be interesting to see how far he goes and if he can keep this speed against some of the top guns.

I do not like getting beat but it is nice to see a young player who can play one pocket like this guy.
Who was he John?

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
He just....

He just....

....got lucky John.You'll run 5-6 matches now and be in the semi's in a day or so as planned,cheers,James

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Out

Out

Just lost to Rafael Martinez 3/1. He was beatable but I could not take advantage when I had the chance.

Will rest up tomorrow and then try to get in action.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I'm out of action and if JR doesn't pick up some of the slack, room service will be out of the question. The only winner from our group is Ed.

Deeman

Verified Member
Name is Evan Lunda Jr. Talked to his dad and he told me when the boy was 11/12 years old he would hide in the back of the station wagon to get down to the pool room.

Both his Dad, who I knew from Detroit, and his brother play pretty sporty.

Keep going John, without Viffer in the mix, it may be a good Derby for action this time.

DeeMan

Deeman

Verified Member
I really enjoy watching Bernie P. Play and caught his match with the "Opponent from Hell"! This guy was an older imitation of Earl on steroids but Bernie, as always, was as patient as a man can be until the clown started hoping up in Bernie's line of sight, calling a ref when kids three tables away moved, etc. Bernie finally had had enough and called him out. now, when you act up enough to get Bernie riled, you have made an ass of your self. :)

Oh, by the way, after his sharking cost Bernie a game, Bernie throttled him good and won the match.

I played like crap until my match then shot as well as I have in years but my opponent did the unforgivable, he played better than me and well earned the match 3-2. Funny but I felt better losing the match playing well than I would have winning and playing bad!

I saw a little of the old Freddie in a few games and that was good to see. Saw our travel companion, Hillbilly, call a four railer at 4-4 in banks to win a thriller in banks and really enjoyed meeting and seeing Billi, our own chopper pilot play so well and be so much fun to be around. Also, happy to see Ghost looking good despite his health challenges this past year. Jerry did a good job running the Onepocket/ AZ room this year as well.

Looks like we had less vendors this year, probably the economy.

Despite only being able to stay a few days, the really great onepocket.org members make it well worth the trip. Can't wait to do it again next year.

Thanks to Ghost and Steve for their fine efforts at representing us this year.

Thanks to Ace for taking that old Schoen off my hands! :)

set of luck to all of you still there and be careful when eating the pulled pork sandwiches!

Loved hanging out with Big John. I was hoping just drinking those Jack and Cokes would make part of his game rub off on me and maybe it did. Like Dick, he can give me 9-7 in drinking!

DeeMan

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I really enjoy watching Bernie P. Play and caught his match with the "Opponent from Hell"! This guy was an older imitation of Earl on steroids but Bernie, as always, was as patient as a man can be until the clown started hoping up in Bernie's line of sight, calling a ref when kids three tables away moved, etc. Bernie finally had had enough and called him out. now, when you act up enough to get Bernie riled, you have made an ass of your self. :)

Oh, by the way, after his sharking cost Bernie a game, Bernie throttled him good and won the match.

I played like crap until my match then shot as well as I have in years but my opponent did the unforgivable, he played better than me and well earned the match 3-2. Funny but I felt better losing the match playing well than I would have winning and playing bad!

I saw a little of the old Freddie in a few games and that was good to see. Saw our travel companion, Hillbilly, call a four railer at 4-4 in banks to win a thriller in banks and really enjoyed meeting and seeing Billi, our own chopper pilot play so well and be so much fun to be around. Also, happy to see Ghost looking good despite his health challenges this past year. Jerry did a good job running the Onepocket/ AZ room this year as well.

Looks like we had less vendors this year, probably the economy.

Despite only being able to stay a few days, the really great onepocket.org members make it well worth the trip. Can't wait to do it again next year.

Thanks to Ghost and Steve for their fine efforts at representing us this year.

Thanks to Ace for taking that old Schoen off my hands! :)

set of luck to all of you still there and be careful when eating the pulled pork sandwiches!

Loved hanging out with Big John. I was hoping just drinking those Jack and Cokes would make part of his game rub off on me and maybe it did. Like Dick, he can give me 9-7 in drinking!

DeeMan

I enjoyed it too much DeeMan. I tried to keep up with Bille and was lucky they closed the bar at 3am.

Always good to see you and Ace and maybe I will make the trip to Tunica, Ms for the new Derby there this summer and see you guys there.