Wade Crane vs. Danny DiLiberto 1999 D.C.C.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
No score in this game and it's Danny's shot. What would you do?

P.S. This is a very entertaining match. Bill Incardona & Bill Staton co-commentate and do a fine job. Mrs. Crane stops in the booth for a few minutes and roots for Wade. The match goes 5 games and comes down to the last ball:eek:

DD's Shot.jpg

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
If my touch was doing alright, take the CB off the 11 and stick it on the rail side of the 3?(5? whatever that is near the rail!).

TheClamp

First a question........ can the video be viewed anywhere on the interwebs ? or do i have to brake my bank to get a copy ?

as for the shot, kick of the side into the four so it comes off the short into the 3. The CB should drift down to the first diamond. Wade would then have to deal with the 10 (?) and he has no bank on it.

A starting point anyway:confused:

TheClamp

correction

correction

Similar to my shot but I would come of the side sooner and harder so the four banked of the short rail at the 3ball/stack

My bad folks....Thought that was a pink four not the five. I would Shoot it none the less

TheClamp

Looks to me like I can drive the 8 into the 2 and the 15 will jump off the 4 and pocket the 9. :eek: :rolleyes:

I see that to but if you did that something weird might happen like you could run out from there. And that would be no fun :lol these threads are for bantering and boasting not for actually making the right shot :D your ruining the fun there friend !!!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
First a question........ can the video be viewed anywhere on the interwebs ? or do i have to brake my bank to get a copy ?

as for the shot, kick of the side into the four so it comes off the short into the 3. The CB should drift down to the first diamond. Wade would then have to deal with the 10 (?) and he has no bank on it.

A starting point anyway:confused:

http://www.1vshop.com/Accu-Stats/st...PNAME=Dannny+DiLiberto+vs.+Wade+Crane*+(DVD%2
$19.99 AT ACCU-STATS
shouldnt brake the bank:D

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Danny D. had a flashback to his 14.1 playing days and decided to shoot the 8,2 combo into the 15 which then caromed off the 4 and then the 11 and into the 9, thus making the 9 in DD's pocket and leaving him with no shot but he did play safe:eek:.

DD's Shot.jpg

CapturedPicture_4.Jpeg

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
must say great understanding of the stack:D....:heh
BUT arent you supposed to move balls to YOUR SIDE of the table??:confused:
just askin???:D

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Danny D. had a flashback to his 14.1 playing days and decided to shoot the 8,2 combo into the 15 which then caromed off the 4 and then the 11 and into the 9, thus making the 9 in DD's pocket and leaving him with no shot but he did play safe:eek:.

View attachment 5317

View attachment 5318

I'll just say this about Danny D...he doesn't need a flashback to read the stack...

I don't know if there has ever been anybody better at reading the stack than Danny....a couple of others that come to mind as great stack readers are Mizerak, and Ray Martin.

- Ghost

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I'll just say this about Danny D...he doesn't need a flashback to read the stack...

I don't know if there has ever been anybody better at reading the stack than Danny....a couple of others that come to mind as great stack readers are Mizerak, and Ray Martin.

- Ghost

Reading the stack this good will make you sleep in the street with the amphibians. This is a one-pocket game not 14.1. The correct shot was to kick the 5 ball.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Reading the stack this good will make you sleep in the street with the amphibians. This is a one-pocket game not 14.1. The correct shot was to kick the 5 ball.

Dennis, you misinterpreted me...I wasn't at all talking about Danny and those other guys re. this particular shot/shot situation or onepocket - I was talking about those three guys as top stack readers in all games over their careers.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dennis, you misinterpreted me...I wasn't at all talking about Danny and those other guys re. this particular shot/shot situation or onepocket - I was talking about those three guys as top stack readers in all games over their careers.

14.1 was the game when I started hanging in a poolroom (75-80) and I'm a fair stack reader myself:p. I would like to read these in braille though:).

Jenna Jameson2.jpg