A day at the poolroom #2

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
A day at the poolroom episode #2...lol
So i stop at the pool room today to pick up the Special Olympics money we raised in Saturday's tourney. We raised a total of 1680.00. Not bad for a small town tournament. Anyway Buddy is playing banks with a local short stop and drilling him. Well the guy quits and Buddy asks me to play, but i have to go back home soon to work so i say no. Another local player comes in right then who plays pretty sporty and has taken up one pocket. I've been hearing he has been practicing and wanting to play me. Well as i'm not available for our usual game Buddy starts woofing at this guy. The guy starts woofing back and tells Buddy i'll play you with 8-7 one pocket. Buddy says ok... sport. Well the guy says I'm not done yet... You have to play left handed.....lol Anyway Buddy says ok right away. The guy looks over and smiles at us like there is no way he can beat me left handed and even spot me playing lefty. Needless to say i know whats coming and me and the room owner shoot each other a grin. Buddy starts raining in perfect speed fluid stroke shots and banks from all over the table and beats the guy 3 games in 10 mins woofing and barking the whole time. Buddy once said his left arm could give his right the 7. Today proved it yet again...:heh

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
great story john
reminds me i should start to try to learn to play lefty
i feel like a spaz everytime i try
also i think i shouldnt be taking time away from my practice playing righty due to limited table time

beatle

Verified Member
it sure helps when you are at the wrong side of the table and dont have to use the bridge.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
This whole idea is bizarre to me. Can't wait to try it lol

I sort of stole it - when Efren goes into a slump, he is known to pick up different cues to see what happens. I tried lefty out and it worked. Might be something about sighting the ball with the other eye or attention to mechanics?

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Interesting. When i get some extra playing time i'm going to practice some more lefty. Before now i've just tried it off and on a few shots at a time but not seriously. I know a lot more about mechanics now so i'll give it a serious try.

Keith E.

Verified Member
Might be something about sighting the ball with the other eye or attention to mechanics?

I definitely pay closer attention when shooting weak-handed.

Keith

P.S. Maybe I should start paying that much attention to all shots. :)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I will shoot lefty if it's an easy cinch shot and I am on the opposite side of the table (instead of playing behind my back), but would take a lot of practice for me to get good at it.