Bogies vs Cal Billiards for December

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Looking at either space city tourney or California Billiards in December.... I think Bogies allows smoking. Does Cal Billiards?
I am looking at airfare, but this is a huge consideration for me too.
Is Fremont warm in December?
Bogies has tight pockets... does Cal Billiards?
I prefer tighter.

Thanks in advance.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Looking at either space city tourney or California Billiards in December.... I think Bogies allows smoking. Does Cal Billiards?
I prefer tighter.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Fastty, I just saw the Southwest air has a sale today for cyber monday. maybe it could help you. Keith

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
The eight tables in the tournament area are Diamonds. The rest of the tables in the room, which they will also use the first few rounds depending on the number of entries, are Gold Crown lll’s, which actually play tighter IMO than the standard Diamonds.

If you can’t make it this time, get it on your bucket list. One of the best rooms in the country. They also have a 5k added one pocket tournament in July.

Missed you in Chicago, but will run into you somewhere one of these days.:D

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
The eight tables in the tournament area are Diamonds. The rest of the tables in the room, which they will also use the first few rounds depending on the number of entries, are Gold Crown lll’s, which actually play tighter IMO than the standard Diamonds.

If you can’t make it this time, get it on your bucket list. One of the best rooms in the country. They also have a 5k added one pocket tournament in July.

Missed you in Chicago, but will run into you somewhere one of these days.:D

Thanks for the info.
Yeah... I was out of town while you were playing Ghosty.

Which room has more tables available for action?

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
I prefer tighter.

Thanks in advance.

FYI Space City moved to Big Tyme this year.
Both rooms are smoking. Pretty darn tight pockets at Big Tyme.

http://spacecityopen.com/2018/11/03/space-city-open-moves-to-big-tyme-billiards/

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I wanna say California has like 27 9 footers and one snooker and one golf table as well as 10 7 foot diamonds.

Like john said 9 foot diamonds and the rest Diamondized gold crowns.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Someone needs to explain this to me from big tyme billards

The one pocket and 9-ball banks divisions will still boast 32-player fields, and will be played on 9′ tables, but in a single elimination format. In order to offset this change, races in these two divisions will be lengthened to races to four on the winners’ side, and races to four on the one-loss side.
:frus

If it is single elimination why would there be a "one loss side"?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
If it is single elimination why would there be a "one loss side"?

You must be thick.

See, if you play.......................... I mean if you lose................. but then........................ after........................... but a race to four..................... because Big Tyme has......................... uh................. nevermind. Doh!

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Anyone know how many 9 footers are at Big Tyme?
I see they have a shit ton of bar boxes, but I can't find the number of 9 footers.

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Anyone know how many 9 footers are at Big Tyme?
I see they have a shit ton of bar boxes, but I can't find the number of 9 footers.

Six 9fts. 2 or 3 Diamonds and rest GC's.

Not sure about that conflicting statement.
Pretty positive it's single elimination.

Here's the Facebook event page

Some of the lineup so far
Justin Bergman
Justin Hall
John Morra
Josh Roberts
Robb Saez
Alex Olinger
Shane McMinn
Shane Winters
Manny Perez
Chris Robinson
Bernard Walker
Sylver Ochoa
Tommy Tokoph
Aaron Springs
Shane Thompson
Alex Calderone
Kevin Guimond
James Davis, Jr.
Mark Galicia
Jim Walker

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Thanks for the info.
Yeah... I was out of town while you were playing Ghosty.

Which room has more tables available for action?

$2500 added CA, $1000 Texas and not as many champions because of all the other events at Big Tyme. CA is one pocket only with small tourney Friday night.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Maybe a didicated match between a certain fats and a certain Sacramento ‘slim’ could be arranged, say for $3500. Race to ten?

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Maybe a didicated match between a certain fats and a certain Sacramento ‘slim’ could be arranged, say for $3500. Race to ten?

What kind of weight are you offering? Slim guys usually give away weight.
I probably could play you race to 6 or 7 for 1k if we make a fair game. I don't know for sure which place I will go to. I am also bringing my family wherever I go, so not sure how much time I will have dedicated to pool beyond my 2 and out in the tourney.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I probably could play you race to 6 or 7 for 1k if we make a fair game. I don't know for sure which place I will go to. I am also bringing my family wherever I go, so not sure how much time I will have dedicated to pool beyond my 2 and out in the tourney.

Hey Fats, if your taking your family you should definitely go to California.

Wine country, Muir Woods, San Francisco, Sequoia, Red Woods, Pacific Coast. Can’t go wrong.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

I am a stuck horse, not a player any longer. I might play a few games but nothing like what you want. The Sacramento “slim” I referred to is a certain gentleman that played in Chicago recently. But if you want a six or ten K race, that could be set up. Al Markasky, Lettuce Larry, just to name a couple of the local boys who play well but not pro speed.:cool: