Photos from the 2005 Derby City Classic

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I have been trying to get my prior photos a bit better organized (since I acquired Photoshop "Lightroom"), and yesterday I went through my 2005 DCC and uploaded about 80 or so to a gallery. It includes glimpses of Bugs and Weenie because that was the first year of our Hall of Fame dinner. It is also a throwback to the Executive West, of course.

http://onepocket.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=10410111&AlbumKey=DHAhv

This is the link for slide show viewing. You can always click within the slide show top right, where it says "Return to Gallery" for conventional viewing. Let us know if you spot yourself (or someone you know) in the background...The late Randi Mathews makes an appearance here:

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Thanks for the great pics once again Steve. I saw some shots of the one-handed one pocket event in there. Do you happen to remember who won that event that year?

mosconiac

Verified Member
Thanks for sharing. Great choice on the pic above...so many good people in that photo!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
For those of you who have never met/seen him...that's our own Steve Booth in pics #61-#62....and that good looking guy beating up on Santos Sambajon..:eek:..in pics #23-#30 is your humble, friendly Ghost....:D

- Ghost

chicagomike

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
I have been trying to get my prior photos a bit better organized (since I acquired Photoshop "Lightroom"), and yesterday I went through my 2005 DCC and uploaded about 80 or so to a gallery. It includes glimpses of Bugs and Weenie because that was the first year of our Hall of Fame dinner. It is also a throwback to the Executive West, of course.

http://onepocket.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=10410111&AlbumKey=DHAhv

This is the link for slide show viewing. You can always click within the slide show top right, where it says "Return to Gallery" for conventional viewing. Let us know if you spot yourself (or someone you know) in the background...The late Randi Mathews makes an appearance here:

Fantastic pictures Steve...what kind of lens did you use to get those great shots in what appears to be difficult light w/o a flash?

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
One Pocket Ghost said:
For those of you who have never met/seen him...that's our own Steve Booth in pics #61-#62....and that good looking guy beating up on Santos Sambajon..:eek:..in pics #23-#30 is your humble, friendly Ghost....:D

- Ghost

nice to see you have to wear glasses too!

Who's the gangster to the right of Freddie in the picture in this post?

great pics, Steve!!!

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Oh, really ...

Oh, really ...

One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost

What did you have to offer him to get him off the stool?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost
i dont see any numbers by the pictures:confused:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
lll said:
i dont see any numbers by the pictures:confused:

Larry......Don't look at the pics in the slide show format, switch to gallery format...then when you click on a single pic, the number of that pic will be displayed above the pic.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
CaliRed said:
nice to see you have to wear glasses too!

It's not nice as far as I'm concerned...:mad:...I have enough trouble trying to see long shots, and wearing glasses, I have to also look through fogged up lens' and scratches....:(

CaliRed said:
Who's the gangster to the right of Freddie in the picture in
this post?

That guy was a real character....he used to be at the DCC every year, and he had a different suit/ensemble like that for each day....all in wild colors/patterns, with matching hats and shoes.

- Ghost

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
The slide show displays fine, but I can't view the pix from the gallery. All I get is the blank white grid with empty boxes. I've run into this before, and I suppose I have some security program in use which turns out certain images - but I don't know what it might be. Any ideas? :confused:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
One Pocket Ghost said:
Larry......Don't look at the pics in the slide show format, switch to gallery format...then when you click on a single pic, the number of that pic will be displayed above the pic.
thanks ghost . dont think i would have recognized you in drag out of your sheet :D :eek: steve who is the elderly man with you at the table?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
photo #59 the charlie chaplin guy. i know hes a legend but cant recall his name. can someone help me out.?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
lll said:
thanks ghost . dont think i would have recognized you in drag out of your sheet :D :eek: steve who is the elderly man with you at the table?
That is George Rood, from Ohio. He is about 94 or 95 years old now. He missed the last Derby and probably will not be at another at this stage in his life. He was our first "Lifetime Pool in Action" honoree. He was a tip top player before WWII and kind of retired from competition around the time Johnston City took off. He never played in tournaments, but I believe he played Mosconi about 11 different exhibitions, and held a winning record in those. I think as George tells it, one time Mosconi got so riled up he challenged George to a race to 1500 or something. In that long a race, of course Mosconi prevailed.

I interviewed George a few years back and if you haven't read it, you should -- a very interesting man! He "ran his age" at straight pool as late as about 92 years old I believe.

http://www.onepocket.org/GeorgeRoodInterview.htm

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
lll said:
photo #59 the charlie chaplin guy. i know hes a legend but cant recall his name. can someone help me out.?
'Bunny' Rogoff, AKA 'Pots & Pans' He should be at the Derby again this January...

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Really nice pics Steve. I saw a couple of people that I had not seen in quite a while. And now I know what the Ghost looks like too. I'm printing up "Wanted" posters right now and will distribute them in the area over the next few days.

Dennis

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
lll said:
thanks ghost .

Larry......In pic #25, looks like I'm shooting one of our.."what would you do here shots" in a real game...I'm spinning off the side of the 14 ball with max. left english to get him locked up behind the 11 ball - he will then be trapped good...I don't remember if I hit it decent, and got him there, or not.

- Ghost

Last edited: