Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2019, 03:30 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
No chance that thing is legal.
Ya see? So far there are opinions that differ. Who's right? Got Me. All I know is that before you break that thing out in either a tournament match or a money match it would be a good idea to get a ruling one way or the other from the "powers that be".

My student wants to order one for me. I said fine, thanks. Will I use it? Don't know. Would I use it if it is deemed legal? I think so. Would I let my opponent borrow it to use on a shot against me. Depending on a variety of factors, yes.

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com
Old 08-05-2019, 03:54 PM
Verified Member

I started a pretty lively discussion on FB with this video:
https://streamable.com/pp6op
The only thing fairly settled, was that it probably fails under rule sets with "intended use of equipment" rules. Tom's bridge would probably be ok there, since it is intended to move with the cue.
The only thing clear, is that it's pretty unclear whether or not this is "allowed" in the various rule sets out there.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:29 PM
Verified Member

then it opens up the whole game to a bunch of contraptions for steadying your stick on all shots.

it has to be illegal or the end of, pawki
Old 08-05-2019, 04:50 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon View Post
I started a pretty lively discussion on FB with this video:
https://streamable.com/pp6op
The only thing fairly settled, was that it probably fails under rule sets with "intended use of equipment" rules. Tom's bridge would probably be ok there, since it is intended to move with the cue.
The only thing clear, is that it's pretty unclear whether or not this is "allowed" in the various rule sets out there.
Yes, this was the thread and video I was referring to, thanks!
Old 08-06-2019, 01:06 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
No chance that thing is legal.
I think you are right. Old School's "if it is similar to standard bridges" seals the deal for me. The addition of wheels is what makes it so special as to not qualify as similar to standard.

However, I would not be surprised if any TD allowed its use.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:36 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJohn View Post
I think you are right. Old School's "if it is similar to standard bridges" seals the deal for me. The addition of wheels is what makes it so special as to not qualify as similar to standard.

However, I would not be surprised if any TD allowed its use.
Looks KEWL to me, a lot better than my old wobbly stroke.
P.S. I've seen some that telescope and periscope, turn the base off at angles,
no one complained, just wanted to know "Where can I get one"

Rodney Stephens.
(e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working
Old 08-06-2019, 10:50 AM
Verified Member

It's called the shifty three wheel bridge and I was told correctly that it can be found at pooldawg.com Misc. billiard accessories.

Probably available at most online billiard supply stores.

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com
Old 08-06-2019, 07:17 PM
Verified Member

Once when I had a sore finger I made a simple bridge that worked like a charm. I lost it in a theft and never made another. I wish I still had it.

I took a 3" length of 1" wood dowel and drilled a hole in the end, and fitted a 3/4" eye bolt. Then I wrapped the eye tightly with a flat leather boot lace, which made a perfect surface for the sliding cue. I held it in my fist and was able to use it at a wide range of elevations, nearly always with my hand firmly on the table. I could make it tighter by twisting it a bit. There was nothing it couldn't do.

Someone should be making and marketing these gadgets in bulk. No doubt there is some substitute material for the boot lace, which could coat the ring by dipping. Much, much cheaper than the glove, and legal without question.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:11 PM
Verified Member

Looks like a great bridge for a handicapped person with limited arm movements.
no link....
Old 08-08-2019, 09:23 PM
Verified Member

In the days of when Billiard Congress of America was the dominate billiard and pocket billiard organization they covered 16 different pocket billiard games in their official rule book. A vast majority of these games were depicted on just one page or less. OP was 3/4 of a page for example.

I challenged myself to write a one page OP game rule to see if I could duplicate the past rule writers. I was able to do it, and it is 914 words in length, and it is jammed packed with info. depicting how the game of OP is played and orchestrated. One page game rule writing is now a long bygone forgotten art.

*But in it I depicted the rule for cue use and bridge use, and here is how I wrote it; All shots, including break, jump & masse' shots are only allowed to be executed with your playing cue. On bridge shots, only table bridges are allowed.*

Remember this is a one page game rule, and there is no extra space to go into detail. Such as; two bridges are allowed to be stacked. This would of course be more appropriately listed within the pocket billiard general rules.

To clarify I wrote this game rule in accordance in how I think OP should be played, and not necessarily traditional or in today's current rules. Whitey

real pool games: spot balls and have BIH/BTL.

Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 08-08-2019 at 09:40 PM.