Just visited Freddy

DrGonzo

Freddy, I've spent more than my fair share of time in the hospital. I know if anyone can get out of this trap, it's definitely you. Be well, my friend. Wishing you all the best.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Hi Angel, thanks for posting. Tell Freddy all the Pool Hustlers on the East Coast are wishing him a speedy recovery.

Deeman

Verified Member
Freddie,

best wishes for a quick recovery. Thanks for the update Angel.

DeeMan

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I've got a small update....Freddy's back home from the hospital now.....two long time friends of Freddy, old school/Bensinger's guys, visited him there this morning, and I talked to one of them this afternoon...

He said that far as he could tell, pretty much there was no change with Freddy, for better or for worse from last week...he also said it wasn't easy to try and converse with Freddy because Freddy was too spaced out from all the medication that he's taking...

Keep him in your prayers.

- Ghost

pvclou

Verified Member
Just visited Freddy

Keep at it Freddy. I'm looking forward to reading your posts again.

Lou

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Thanks for the update, Luke. I sure hope treatment gives Fred a shot at recovery.

I'm guessing that most of us are still a little dazed about our friend. That's probably why there's a current lull in the postings. Keep us apprised of his situation. I'm sure once he perks up, he'll give us all an update in a way that only The Beard can do.

~Doc

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thanks for the update, Luke. I sure hope treatment gives Fred a shot at recovery.

I'm guessing that most of us are still a little dazed about our friend. That's probably why there's a current lull in the postings. Keep us apprised of his situation. I'm sure once he perks up, he'll give us all an update in a way that only The Beard can do.

~Doc
Yes, and also my general impression is that most guys (like me) often don't know what to say, no matter how strong our feelings, in trying times involving even those we are closest too. But our quiet does not mean we don't care -- it just means we don't know what to say and how to say it. It is one thing I most love about women and rely on them for. So thanks again Angel for visiting our man!!

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Yes, and also my general impression is that most guys (like me) often don't know what to say, no matter how strong our feelings, in trying times involving even those we are closest too. But our quiet does not mean we don't care -- it just means we don't know what to say and how to say it. It is one thing I most love about women and rely on them for. So thanks again Angel for visiting our man!!

Yes, words can be a little awkward, especially since Fred and I were (to put it mildly)..not on the best of terms, when this thing hit him..I hope he can overlook our past differences, as I have, and realize I sincerely wish him only the best !

Dick

Last edited:

JAM

Verified Member
Freddy has been on my mind, and each time I think of him, sweet blessings are being sent his way! :)

Hope he feels better very, very soon!

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Just got off the phone with Freddy, sounded a little stronger and He even admitted He felt somewhat better. He can't stand to talk on the phone, the conversation didn't last a minute. He has plans for various treatment options next week. Lets ALL hope what ever the doctors decide for Fred, His body will respond with favorable results! :):):)

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
There is a new thing down here in Florida (and maybe everywhere) called the 'Cyberknife'. It is a very accurate, very focused radiation treatment that they can aim at the tumor and not get the surrounding tissue. It might be worth checking out.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
There is a new thing down here in Florida (and maybe everywhere) called the 'Cyberknife'. It is a very accurate, very focused radiation treatment that they can aim at the tumor and not get the surrounding tissue. It might be worth checking out.

Large amount of info re The Cyberknife on Wiki. They have it in 150 hospitals and 100 of them are in the U. S. The synchrony aspect is fascinating. Treats the regions that are moving such as in lungs, without having to deliver too much radiation. Could be the answer. A miracle out of Stanford.