Ball on the break... Rerack
Move more than one ball... Foul
Flip for the 1st break...
No shot clock... But a friendly nudge by TD
No matches started after 9:00 PM...
No Calcutta...
$30.00 green fees...
Dinner together 6:30 to 8:00...
Meeting all the members and having a good time :)

Beating Hacker... :):):). 1 game....:D

This is exactly the way I would like to see it too. I am down for starting Friday night as well or playing some cheap with someone. I am dead money and I know it but like to have fun!!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Since my plans have been changed, it looks like I am going to be able to make it after all! Still have to work out the details but it looks like I am a go!

So with that in mind, here would be my opinions on the event for what they are worth:

- If anyone shows up through the week, great, you can socialize, match up, whatever you would like, but I think the actual tournament should be Saturday / Sunday.

- Double Elimination 3/2 - finals can be one race to 5

- Have any player meeting stuff worked out here so it doesn't take away any play time there.

- No Calcutta (again, saving time)

- Entire ball has to be over the line to shoot it

- If the shooter racks his own balls then making one one the break = re-rack. If opponent racks the balls then making one on the break continue play.

- Some sort of green fees to help the room owners

A lot of this has been commented on already, just throwing in my 2 cents.

I am excited, let's do this!!!

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
2' x 3' is better for old eyes.......just sayin...

2' x 3' is better for old eyes.......just sayin...

Send me the file and I will have local printer print this on a 2' x 3' sheet of paper, that way, no one will have to carry the thing long distance.

JoeyA

me and budweiser took it upon ourselves to generate a 32 player bracket last night. it assumes race to three on winners side/race to two on losers side. if this bracket/schedule would be used everyone would play 1 game friday evening, start at 11 AM saturday though approximately 10:30 - 11:00 PM. sunday would be down to 2 players on winners side and 4 on losers.

(then again lacy's might have their own TD/brackets in place they wish for us to use....)

this is just an 11x17 print. can get it looking nice and neat blown up 2' x 3'.

View attachment 15192

:)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Since my plans have been changed, it looks like I am going to be able to make it after all! Still have to work out the details but it looks like I am a go!

So with that in mind, here would be my opinions on the event for what they are worth:

- If anyone shows up through the week, great, you can socialize, match up, whatever you would like, but I think the actual tournament should be Saturday / Sunday.

- Double Elimination 3/2 - finals can be one race to 5

- Have any player meeting stuff worked out here so it doesn't take away any play time there.

- No Calcutta (again, saving time)

- Entire ball has to be over the line to shoot it

- If the shooter racks his own balls then making one one the break = re-rack. If opponent racks the balls then making one on the break continue play.

- Some sort of green fees to help the room owners

A lot of this has been commented on already, just throwing in my 2 cents.

I am excited, let's do this!!!

Good news! Look forward to seeing you.

Agree with all your preferences. Rack our own, B on B re-rack. $20 Green fee.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I am dedicating Wednesday thru Sunday to play and have fun...
I like the idea of the whole ball out of the kitchen on scratch's.
Ball on the break is ball on the break, its my fault if I don't check the rack before you break...why change the rules now...

My dance card is empty, but I can't play worth a damn anyway...

I will however play full rack banks against any and all, albeit my banking abilities depend a lot on Jack and coke...

I think a 20 to 30 dollar green fee is very helpful to the room owner, and sets the stage for the next extravaganza...

Really looking forward to some good natured ribbing and woofing from all the members...then lets let our sticks do the talking at the tables...it will definitely set a pecking order amongst us...

B

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Ball on the break is ball on the break, its my fault if I don't check the rack before you break...why change the rules now...

I will however play full rack banks against any and all, albeit my banking abilities depend a lot on Jack and coke...

I think a 20 to 30 dollar green fee is very helpful to the room owner, and sets the stage for the next extravaganza...

Really looking forward to some good natured ribbing and woofing from all the members...then lets let our sticks do the talking at the tables...it will definitely set a pecking order amongst us...

B

Yep, I am looking forward to that part as well. Even though its hard to tell who is truly the better player in short races to 2 and 3, it will still be neat to see how a lot of the forum members rank against each other! (bragging rights until the next year hehe)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

B

I am very sensitive as is my traveling companion Kentucky Bill, so watch out on the woofing. :lol

I will bring one S/S check to distribute among whoever gets to me first at $30/50 a game. Just to show I am not a nit and to dispel the rumor about CA players, I will raise it if I get eight games ahead.

Disco Dave, LS John, Mitch, Jeff, Jtompilot, Sniper, Newkirk, Tom, Jerry and Dr. Bill are on my possible play list in the order listed above. The order of the list in no way has anything to do with my rating of players.:eek: This was a blind draw and just happened to come out this way. Col Bille, I will check out your game at the house.

Looking forward to seeing everybody and eating some good food and having a libation or two.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I'm okay with no Calcutta.

Whole ball must be past the headstring to be legal on a scratch.

Not a fan of rerack when making ball on the break. What's wrong with playing it like its been for hunnert years? These new kids are whiners if they can't live with that.

Crawfish are mighty tasty NO style and take less work than crabs to get into.

How bout let's hear from West coasters themselves if Friday play is deal breaker or not.

Disco Dave gets a game on the wire from everyone (or Break and BIH). :heh

Calcutta's don't have to be at the beginning of an event, one could be done before play starts the last day, or a final 8 Calcutta.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Disco Dave, LS John, Mitch, Jeff, Jtompilot, Sniper, Newkirk, Tom, Jerry and Dr. Bill are on my possible play list in the order listed above. The order of the list in no way has anything to do with my rating of players.:eek: This was a blind draw and just happened to come out this way.

Riiiiiiight! I'm insulted. I KNOW I play worse than Disco Dave, but I can win through mere force of will against anyone who dances that poorly (but I haven't seen you dance yet... so we'll see. :) )

Looking forward to seeing everybody and eating some good food and having a libation or two.

Man, me too. I'm already itchin' and we still have 90 days to wait. :frus

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Lots of time to practice LSJohn...I will be glad to add you and Dave to my dance card...

B

It warms the cockles of my heart to see how many people are eager to spend some quality time with Disco and me. I'll bet you other guys are jealous that Dave and I have become so popular. :heh

In fact, I'm so appreciative of all the "endorsements" that I might just lower my standard $20/game to $10. Everyone is being so nice to me that I don't want to take their money. :D

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Actually John it wasn't the winning or losing when I played you in Houston...It was your one liners when you walked to the table that were worth the price of admission...Just incredibly hilarious...and a true gentleman...

B

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
It warms the cockles of my heart to see how many people are eager to spend some quality time with Disco and me. I'll bet you other guys are jealous that Dave and I have become so popular. :heh

In fact, I'm so appreciative of all the "endorsements" that I might just lower my standard $20/game to $10. Everyone is being so nice to me that I don't want to take their money. :D

Don't worry John, when they see me play, there will be a line around the corner. :)

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i've got it figured out..... assuming a 32 man event, 3/2 imo is the way to go.

this will work with 15 tables on saturday (things pick up after second round games/remember there will be straggler games first two rounds...)

SAT
10 AM - first games
1 PM - second round games
4 PM - loser's bracket games
5 PM - winner's bracket games
6 PM - loser's bracket games
8 PM - winner's and loser's bracket games
10 PM - loser's bracket games

SUN
10 AM - loser's bracket games
12 PM - loser's bracket game and hot seat
3 PM - loser's bracket final
5 PM - final
(will most likely be able to expedite sun bracket schedule)

I will take this schedule to Lacys next week and talk to Frank the owner

minus room expenditures, i'd recommend following pay outs...
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th and 5th place tie

i'm gonna try this one more time (with a visual aid).....:frus;):D

we can do a 32 man event, i am highly skeptical that anything other than a 32 man event will not work (at least for having a member's tournament)...

proposed bracket:

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

corresponding schedule to bracket:

IMG_0731.jpg

close up of loser's side:

IMG_0732.jpg

close up of winner's side:

IMG_0733.jpg

suggestion: DELETE

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
i'm gonna try this one more time (with a visual aid).....:frus;):D

we can do a 32 man event, i am highly skeptical that anything other than a 32 man event will not work (at least for having a member's tournament)...

proposed bracket:

View attachment 15205

View attachment 15209

corresponding schedule to bracket:

View attachment 15206

close up of loser's side:

View attachment 15207

close up of winner's side:

View attachment 15208

suggestion: i can get this to john this week, make sure it is something he is comfortable with.

suggestion: move forward and commit to a 32 man event. start a list of confirmed players who have ponied up. if no one else wants to mess with it, doesn't have a paypal account, etc. - i'll do it.

suggestion: in the meantime, jtom and firemankc make sure that frank can let us use all the tables (at least on saturday) and figure out what he needs from us to make that happen.

Bracket is fine if 32 limit is the decision. Someone needs to figure out how that decision is gonna be made.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
I am very sensitive as is my traveling companion Kentucky Bill, so watch out on the woofing. :lol

I will bring one S/S check to distribute among whoever gets to me first at $30/50 a game. Just to show I am not a nit and to dispel the rumor about CA players, I will raise it if I get eight games ahead.

Disco Dave, LS John, Mitch, Jeff, Jtompilot, Sniper, Newkirk, Tom, Jerry and Dr. Bill are on my possible play list in the order listed above. The order of the list in no way has anything to do with my rating of players.:eek: This was a blind draw and just happened to come out this way. Col Bille, I will check out your game at the house.

Thanks John, I didn't get to play you when you were in Houston last, so I still have the money I might have lost to you as my stake against you this time. Get ready! :heh

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California

John, I was going to suggest that you start at one end of your list and I start at the other end but not to offend anyone but that don't look like no blind draw to me.