Tournament Coordinator at Lacy's

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I would like to ask/nominate JoeyA to be our go to man for all dealings with Lacy's. I have to leave town again and will be gone most of July. JoeyA is the house pro there and knows Frank well. I will support Joey, John, Jeff, Dave and onepocket.org in any way I can.

Jim

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I would like to ask/nominate JoeyA to be our go to man for all dealings with Lacy's. I have to leave town again and will be gone most of July. JoeyA is the house pro there and knows Frank well. I will support Joey, John, Jeff, Dave and onepocket.org in any way I can.

Jim

Excellent idea if Joey's willing, which I'd bet he is.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Joey A,

1. Can you please confirm that we can have all 15 9-footers available for the tournament?

2. Will VIP tables be available?

3. Will we need to plan on using red circle cueballs, or can measle balls be available for all 15 tables?

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
1. 12, 9 FOOT TABLES, ---------------1, 10 FOOT TABLE
2. Please define VIP tables. There are tables there that we can have marked as "RESERVED" meaning for us.
3. Measle balls can be used but they only have 4 of them. We would need to purchase any additional measle balls since they aren't used regularly at Lacys Cue. If you need that done, I can order them and have them shipped to my office.

Just a note. I'm not trying to be difficult or take over anything. I'm happy to help in any way I can. But, it would be nice to have ONE THREAD dealing with each set of details. I think I have answered multiple posts about the above subjects. Kind of hard to find the right "master thread".

JoeyA

Joey A,

1. Can you please confirm that we can have all 15 9-footers available for the tournament?

2. Will VIP tables be available?

3. Will we need to plan on using red circle cueballs, or can measle balls be available for all 15 tables?

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Just a note. I'm not trying to be difficult or take over anything. I'm happy to help in any way I can. But, it would be nice to have ONE THREAD dealing with each set of details. I think I have answered multiple posts about the above subjects. Kind of hard to find the right "master thread".

JoeyA

Joey, thanks for your help. Early on, had requested the variousthreads be combined. They were, and then multiple threads started popping up again with various posters mixing topics right and left. I don't know how to control that.

I know that in my players list thread, I stated that the purpose of that thread was only to handle entry fees, status and confirmation list, and most have abided by that request.

And this thread is the only one that I am posting venue related coordination issues in. I can't speak for others.

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
Summary of details as of 6-28-16

Summary of details as of 6-28-16

TABLES: Lacys has given us exclusive use of all of the 9 foot (12) and 10 foot (1) tables for Friday, Saturday and Sunday,

DATE OF EVENT: September 23, 24, & 25th.

ENTRY FEE: $100

GREEN FEE: $30To be paid for at tournament site. With this green fee, you will have free pool for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (all day and all night)

PAY TO & ADDRESS FOR MAILING CHECK:
David B Kurjan
2777 Woodland Park Dr, #704
Houston, TX 77082

CUE BALLS: Only 4 measle balls available. 15 red circle balls available. If you want to purchase 9 more, I can order them and have them delivered to my office. (just let me know) If someone has a connection to purchase them at low cost I can provide my shipping address. Otherwise they have all red circle cue balls.

VIP TABLES: We can place RESERVE signs on any of the tables that are available.

FOOD: Lacy's kitchen has hamburgers, hot dogs, French fries, dip and a variety of other items. Frank (the owner) will cook steaks for us any night(s) but he must know in advance what we want and when we want it so he can prepare. He will also nuke some potatoes (sweet or regular).

We need to specify the grade of beef (choice or prime) the cut of beef (strip sirloin, ribeye, T-bone or other). We also need to know the quantity for him to order.

We can bring seafood in from outside for one of the lunches or dinners but I don't think we want to smell up the place with seafood several times, just out of courtesy. I talked to Frank tonight at Lacys Cue and he said that he may have a caterer to boil some shrimp if enough people are interested. They would boil shrimp, small potatoes and maybe some corn and deliver it to the pool room. Just need to know how many are interested in this and which day.

There are a few restaurants within a few miles of Lacy's. The locals will be happy to point you to the right locations or go with you, plus as mentioned, Lacys has items in their kitchen.

BAR: This is a full and complete bar with every kind of drink you can imagine and they claim they never run out.

MUSIC Lacy's Cue will have a VERY SMALL band on Saturday night September 24th. Harvey Jesus is 70 years old and he plays a lot of oldies and easy listening music with small crowd following. They start at 8 PM and they are for the most part, well separated from the 9 foot tables so I don't see any big problems. They have been booked for quite a while but I just thought everyone should know. Bring your ear plugs if live music bothers you but as I recall it won't be super loud. At other times, we will be listening to popular 60's, 70's, & 80's music or you can play the Internet jukebox.

INTERNET ACCESS: Yes, wi-fi will be available as well as Ethernet for live streaming.

TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: We supply our own.

TOURNAMENT BRACKET: We supply our own.

Please refer to these items in this thread only. I will be happy to add other items to this thread or update this post when a final decision has been made by you guys.

If you need changes made to the above, just let me know.

JoeyA

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Joey!

I think entry was decided on $100 and green fees were 20 or 30 per player in addition to the entry but I'll let john or someone else verify that.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Thanks Joey!

I think entry was decided on $100 and green fees were 20 or 30 per player in addition to the entry but I'll let john or someone else verify that.

i keep seeing $ for green fees thrown around. the fact is that we don't know what our host, frank, needs from the group to cover his costs. seems the logical thing to do is just cover whatever that is off the top.

;)

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
Do you think the group would object to $30 green fee?

If you all think this is fair and acceptable, I believe Frank will extend additional courtesy of allowing all of us to play on any available tables FOR FREE on Thursday and Friday day and night.....
JoeyA

Joey, please ask Frank what he would like for green fees

Thanks

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX

If you all think this is fair and acceptable, I believe Frank will extend additional courtesy of allowing all of us to play on any available tables FOR FREE on Thursday and Friday day and night.....
JoeyA

IMO, that is more than fair

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

JoeyA

Sounds fair to me.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

JoeyA

Works for me.

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
JoeyA.....thank you so much for stepping up and making this happen on the ground....:D

You're welcome.

I regularly see Frank and am updating my information sheet with BLUE INK headings as I obtain additional information or as it changes. I will try to keep it up as we decide CAP or no CAP etc.

There is one thing though and I will add it after this post. Lacy's Cue will have a VERY SMALL band on Saturday night. Harvey Jesus is 70 years old and plays a lot of oldies and easy listening music with small crowd following. They start at 8 PM and they are for the most part, well separated from the 9 foot tables so I don't see any big problems. They have been booked for quite a while but I just thought everyone should know. Bring your ear plugs if live music bothers you but as I recall it won't be super loud.

JoeyA

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
There is one thing though and I will add it after this post. Lacy's Cue will have a VERY SMALL band on Saturday night. Harvey Jesus is 70 years old and plays a lot of oldies and easy listening music with small crowd following. They start at 8 PM and they are for the most part, well separated from the 9 foot tables so I don't see any big problems. They have been booked for quite a while but I just thought everyone should know. Bring your ear plugs if live music bothers you but as I recall it won't be super loud.

JoeyA

Sounds like a plus to me. :cool:

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA

With many of the players being out-of-towners and some of us having jobs and businesses, has anyone determined a need for a DEADLINE FOR SIGN UP?

I was just thinking about the timeline of the event and while it is a few months away, many of us have jobs, families, vacation schedules or other responsibilities etc. and was wondering if we should have a deadline for signing up.

If so, has a date been set. I realize that some people may have to back out at the last minute due to emergencies but I would hate to see the tournament fizzling at the last minute.

Thanks,

JoeyA