Trying Again Cap Poll

Trying Again Cap Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
I do not mean to be stepping on toes Jeff/John . This vote is just a tool to more accurately and fairly gauge opinion. Use it for decision or not, at least we'll know concensus.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I voted for 32 player cap. But this year only. I think to do justice to more than 32 players you would need a third day (Fri-Sat-Sun would be my suggestion for next year). But let's make this year a great success at a number we know will work for a weekend tournament.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I agree with Steve and have said so a while back. Originally we were just doing a weekend tournament with Friday open to sneak in a few matches. Now it's three full days. With 12 tables does anyone think we could finish a 48 man tournament in three days with some members not showing up till Friday evening?

Another point is that it seems that a lot of members would also like to match up. There will be no open tables for that. So I guess we'll be sending the action to the world famous Buffalo's

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Trying Again Cap Poll

32 seems enough to me, as I mentioned earlier. My thought was originally this was for the "regulars" on the site to get together and play. I think 32 should cover that. I also understand wanting to include everybody so I don't have strong feelings either way. But I'd rather ensure that things run smoothly and manageably and it doesn't become a cluster so if I did have to vote, it would be 32. We could always expand next year with planning more days/tables, etc.

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
I hope that everyone who is voting in this poll is coming to this event.

I voted for 48 as a cap and maybe just shorter races and an early start on Friday for those who would be there.

The only problem with starting Friday is that those who aren't there will need to send a proxy to bid for them in the Calcutta.

If the event is limited to 32, you turn off those who would like to play and possibly hurt your chances of having those who were turned away to play in the following years.

JoeyA

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
32 seems enough to me, as I mentioned earlier. My thought was originally this was for the "regulars" on the site to get together and play. I think 32 should cover that. I also understand wanting to include everybody so I don't have strong feelings either way. But I'd rather ensure that things run smoothly and manageably and it doesn't become a cluster so if I did have to vote, it would be 32. We could always expand next year with planning more days/tables, etc.

I voted for 48 as a cap and maybe just shorter races and an early start on Friday for those who would be there.

The only problem with starting Friday is that those who aren't there will need to send a proxy to bid for them in the Calcutta.

If the event is limited to 32, you turn off those who would like to play and possibly hurt your chances of having those who were turned away to play in the following years.

JoeyA

right. somebody voted on the poll today who joined the site 14 days ago with zero posts.

i'm not trying to be a jerk and certainly don't want to turn anyone off.....probably a good guy and a solid player. but c'mon man.....

:confused::frus

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
somebody voted on the poll today who joined the site 14 days ago with zero posts.

How did you see that? I saw the list of who voted for what only the first time I queried results. Now I can't figure out how to see it again. (I see totals, just not who-for-what.)

Signed,

Dufus :eek:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
How did you see that? I saw the list of who voted for what only the first time I queried results. Now I can't figure out how to see it again. (I see totals, just not who-for-what.)

Signed,

There should be a button on the bottom right to click that says view poll results. I just did it ...It showed you in the no cap category..

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

Signed,

If you just click on one of the result numbers to the right, its a link and takes you to see who voted for what

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
right. somebody voted on the poll today who joined the site 14 days ago with zero posts.

:confused::frus

That was Joey M who joined on 6/16/2016. He is not eligible to be in the tournament and his vote should not be counted.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

JoeyA

out if respect to those that have a higher probability to attend than me
i have refrained from voicing an opinion or voting
however fwiw i agree with mitch
but take my opinion with a grain of salt since i am not likely to be able to attend