This Dec - POV POOL's 5th Anniv / One Pocket Tournament!

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
Hello All -
Well, POV Pool turns 5 years old this December and celebration, we are being hosted at Chris Swart's, California Billiards in Fremont to hold a couple of tournaments. The event will be live streamed, starting on a Friday evening with a mini 9 ball tournament, followed by a two-day One Pocket Tournament, open to 64 players. We hope to fill the field. Entries are currently being taken by mail and by phone.

Thanks to all of you supporters, fans, critics, players, owners, promoters everyone connected to this beautiful game!

Please pass the poster around, share it on your Facebook, sponsor your favorite player to play; or simply watch us this December.

Attachments

• POV 5th POSTER FINAL1.jpg
    POV 5th POSTER FINAL1.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 0
  • FB-Cover-FINAL.jpg
    FB-Cover-FINAL.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 0

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
VERY nice posters! And at $65 the event should fill up quickly. At least it would anywhere else. As I recall, central Calif. players are a little tight with the buck.:) But an event such as this would surely fill. Hopefully Calif. Billiards has many tables. Otherwise 64 players racing to 3/3 might make for a looong weekend. Congrats on your 5!!

~Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
VERY nice posters! And at $65 the event should fill up quickly. At least it would anywhere else. As I recall, central Calif. players are a little tight with the buck.:) But an event such as this would surely fill. Hopefully Calif. Billiards has many tables. Otherwise 64 players racing to 3/3 might make for a looong weekend. Congrats on your 5!!

~Doc

CA Billiards is probably near the same size as Lacy's Doc with 30+ Gold Crowns, a full bar and kitchen. Fremont is right down the road from Oakland and San Francisco right off the 880 freeway.

I just played in their monthly $30 entry one pocket last weekend. We had 22 players and they only pay four places and the house adds $$, so the payout is pretty good for $30 entry fee. It is a 2 1/2 hour drive for me but I go a day early so I can play a little golf on one of the 6 x 12's.

We are lucky in Northern CA to have two monthly one pocket tournaments that draw 20 to 40 players every month. Both are double elimination races to two, start around noon and finish many hours later.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
CA Billiards is probably near the same size as Lacy's Doc with 30+ Gold Crowns, a full bar and kitchen. Fremont is right down the road from Oakland and San Francisco right off the 880 freeway.

I just played in their monthly $30 entry one pocket last weekend. We had 22 players and they only pay four places and the house adds $$, so the payout is pretty good for $30 entry fee. It is a 2 1/2 hour drive for me but I go a day early so I can play a little golf on one of the 6 x 12's.

We are lucky in Northern CA to have two monthly one pocket tournaments that draw 20 to 40 players every month. Both are double elimination races to two, start around noon and finish many hours later.

I am jealous John :)

FrenchAT

Verified Member
From
Augusta, Georgia
I am jealous John :)

I only come to Cincinnati around 4th of July of every year but from the looks of Michael's Billiards (one pocket only over top of 4 tables) I would assume that a one pocket tournament wouldnt be hard to get together except for no one wanting to give all their money to Shannon Murphy.lol

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I only come to Cincinnati around 4th of July of every year but from the looks of Michael's Billiards (one pocket only over top of 4 tables) I would assume that a one pocket tournament wouldnt be hard to get together except for no one wanting to give all their money to Shannon Murphy.lol

Yea, plenty of people play it and as you mentioned, Michael's is really the only pool room in Cincinnati any more. They used to do one tournament once or twice per year that was ran by Dee Adkins and was a one pocket hand-cap tournament (which although I should like more since I am the one getting the spots most of the time - I still don't like it because some people are ranked low who actually play much better than their number...)

Anyways, has not been one in quite some time and none on the horizon that I know of.

To have a couple per month like John said - it gives me one more reason to want to live on the west coast! :)

PS - yea if Shannon plays in them he usually gets the cheese...he gives me 11-5 so he hits them pretty decent!

EDIT: FrenchAT If you come to Cincinnati next year around the 4th and want to play some, just message me and we will connect.

Last edited:

FrenchAT

Verified Member
From
Augusta, Georgia
Yea, plenty of people play it and as you mentioned, Michael's is really the only pool room in Cincinnati any more. They used to do one tournament once or twice per year that was ran by Dee Adkins and was a one pocket hand-cap tournament (which although I should like more since I am the one getting the spots most of the time - I still don't like it because some people are ranked low who actually play much better than their number...)

Anyways, has not been one in quite some time and none on the horizon that I know of.

To have a couple per month like John said - it gives me one more reason to want to live on the west coast! :)

PS - yea if Shannon plays in them he usually gets the cheese...he gives me 11-5 so he hits them pretty decent!

EDIT: FrenchAT If you come to Cincinnati next year around the 4th and want to play some, just message me and we will connect.

"Shannon hits them pretty decent" That is an understatement. I had never heard of Shannon but was walking into Michael's for the first time 3 years ago and heading towards the back to get balls and a table. Shannon was on one of the tables banking balls into the pocket at mach speed. I wasnt watching at first, only listening and about the time the 4th or 5th ball in a row hit the pocket, I said to myself "who in the hell is pounding those balls in the pocket on banks like that?" and started watching. I immediately knew he was somebody I wanted no part of at anytime on the table.lol I didnt know his name but I looked up Michaels on YOUTUBE and it didnt take long to find the Great Southern Billiard Tour video of him playing Danny Smith. That's when i learned his name. BEAST!

Handicapped tournaments are always bullshit. There's always someone close to the tournament director or some calcutta bs that goes on. I hate that trash. I have a few stories for you when i get up that way again about that.lol

I'll give you a ring when I head up that way again although I may need the 11-5 you're getting from Shannon.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
This might be a way to break in the new truck...30 or so hours to drive there...get knocked out in the first two match's...30 or so hours home... I will ask for a kitchen pass...

B

baby huey

Verified Member
The room owner Chris always puts on nice events. Pool in Nor Cal is alive and well.

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
Wow! That was your first event I won. I never realized that. I think I have only played 9 ball a couple of times since then. I will have to try to figure out how to make a ball in more than one pocket and maybe play in the mini 9 ball event.

That's right, Wayne. You kicked us off and nows you're chance to bring us another win in One-Pocket. I hope you can make the tournament. I really think you'll love California Billiards.