Jason Chance ?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Who is this guy Jason Chance? He's beaten some pretty good players, but I've never heard of him. Hendy, how would you assess his game? Anyone else know him? Is he from the Left Coast?

He has to play SVB next, so he'll probably hit the other side of the chart; but he's done well so far.

Doc

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
been wondering the same thing myself.....who's to say it might not go the other way? (in any event, good for that cat - he can obviously shoot em with the best)

cowboyup200560

He is from des Moines, I see him all the time the man plays jam up. Probably the best one pocket player in Iowa right now.

Sent from my USCCADR3305 using Tapatalk

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I'm sure you're right, Cowboy. He sure felled some tall timber in Vegas!

Doc

He put me in the losers bracket Doc. Had me down 7/2 the first game and I came back to 7/7 and missed a long rail bank to win it and ended up losing four to zip. Not any holes in his game I could see.

t-dog

Verified Member
He put me in the losers bracket Doc. Had me down 7/2 the first game and I came back to 7/7 and missed a long rail bank to win it and ended up losing four to zip. Not any holes in his game I could see.

Good player from DM, played a few times with Frosty and Donnie Mcaughy (McCoy).

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I think this may be the guy that lived in Houston a few years ago ?
Rod.
P.S. If it's him I've got a great story about him. :)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Oh hell, let's hear the story anyway!:D Now you've got me interested. I've been meaning to look you up when I'm in Houston, but I never seem to have enough time. Do you play south of town somewhere?

Doc

senor

Verified Member
I think this may be the guy that lived in Houston a few years ago ?
Rod.
P.S. If it's him I've got a great story about him. :)

I told Newsome that they were talking about Jason on here. Newsome said that Jason was a member of this site. Maybe he'll chime in and set all this "world beater" talk straight ;) if he happens upon the thread. I'll say this about him, he's more funny of a guy than he is a pool player. That ain't a knock on his game, just he's that funny...Happy Snappy!:heh

Please share the story if you get a chance Rod.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Oh hell, let's hear the story anyway!:D Now you've got me interested. I've been meaning to look you up when I'm in Houston, but I never seem to have enough time. Do you play south of town somewhere?

Doc

Well when he was younger he played good 9 ball. He wanted to improve and played a lot with Senor and David G.and other better players.

He decided to learn to play one pocket and asked our friend Tano to play.
A little background. Tano is about 5 ft. 3 inches Jason is 6 ft. 3 inches. Tano has no arms.

Jason said I'll play you 10/7. They played and Tano beat him easily. The next time they played 9/7 and Tano won again.
Then he came in and said I don't see why I should spot you.

I was there and said well I'll stake Tano to play you dead even. He said how much. I said any amount you want to bet $500 a game or what ever.
He said "and we'll play dead even" ?
I said yes." you both shoot holding the cue stick under your arm."
He started blushing and then laughing and then said "you got me" :)

Jason was a nice young man. He moved back to Iowa shortly thereafter.
I heard he's been doing well.
Rod.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
He seemed to play a real steady game from what I saw. Executed well and thought things through to good shot choices with very good focus.

senor

Verified Member
Well when he was younger he played good 9 ball. He wanted to improve and played a lot with Senor and David G.and other better players.

He decided to learn to play one pocket and asked our friend Tano to play.
A little background. Tano is about 5 ft. 3 inches Jason is 6 ft. 3 inches. Tano has no arms.

Jason said I'll play you 10/7. They played and Tano beat him easily. The next time they played 9/7 and Tano won again.
Then he came in and said I don't see why I should spot you.

I was there and said well I'll stake Tano to play you dead even. He said how much. I said any amount you want to bet $500 a game or what ever.
He said "and we'll play dead even" ?
I said yes." you both shoot holding the cue stick under your arm."
He started blushing and then laughing and then said "you got me" :)

Jason was a nice young man. He moved back to Iowa shortly thereafter.
I heard he's been doing well.
Rod.

That's good stuff :heh Tano is a sneaky good one pocket player.