B. Shuff vs. S.V.B. 2012 D.C.C.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Bank the....

Bank the....

9 straight back or the 11 into the 6,whichever you like.Yes,I know the combo is on but he may never get a chance to shoot it.You can run a bunch if either shot goes.............I haven't looked for anything defensive,cheers,James

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
The nine looks tempting but unless the cueball is played two rails and out toward the middle of the table there is no second shot. This makes the nine ball a poor choice in my opinion. That combo is too close to being "on" to take a chance at this stage of the game. By waiting one more shot by playing a safety now, an agressive shot is right around the corner. A little patience is needed here, and that nine ball bank isn't going anywhere soon.

I would play into that ball at the top of the stack sending it two rails up table and pulling the cue ball into the stack. From there I have a strangle hold on the game.

Tom

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
The straight-back on the 9-ball is a good shot, depending upon where the shooter can leave the cue ball. Another option would be the 11-ball bank. It should allow the shooter to position the CB so as to have the stack between it and the shooter's pool balls. The 11 is easier to control, simply because it's closer. The 6 might even go...;) ~Doc

SVB.jpg

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
It looks like the 9 or the 10 both have side boards. The 9 looks like it would potentially cause a nasty carom on the 10 if you tried to bank the 10 directly into your pocket, but off the 11 would give you lots of extra room to bank even the 10 ball straight back. Anyway, I drew the 9-ball bank going off the pink stripe.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-05-03_20-12-53.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-05-03_20-12-53.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 0

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
The straight-back on the 9-ball is a good shot, depending upon where the shooter can leave the cue ball. Another option would be the 11-ball bank. It should allow the shooter to position the CB so as to have the stack between it and the shooter's pool balls. The 11 is easier to control, simply because it's closer. The 6 might even go...;) ~Doc

View attachment 8185
Yep. My choice also, although I'd probably come to far back down the table.
Rod.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California

View attachment 8185

This would be my choice too. Looks pretty simple to operate this. Banking that ball that is up table is only good if you make it. If you miss it then it looks like he can get out of trouble.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I like playing the 9 ball bank, but hitting it full to kill whitey. Steve already made a diagram, but I would not want to make the ball. The 9 ball's close proximity to the rail would make the cb arc a little. I would be kinda crossing my fingers that nothing leaked onto my side rail here for him to smash and stick - maybe that isn't the right way to think.

If I do make the ball, i am thrilled because I can do something with that 15 and hide him - maybe even stick him on the 7 or something, which looks REALLY juicy. Or I may even get a shot on that 12 and run some balls straight out.

It is hard to see exactly how that 7-15 lays though.

Attachments

• svb3.jpg
    svb3.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member

I drew multiple lines through the combo he has to show how good it is. Not only that, but if you leave him up table he will make the easy combo and can use the five to stop his cue ball and have shape on the solid ball that's involved with the combo and end up beating your ass. So bank that ball over and disrupt it now because that stripe is not laying that good anyway, blocking your soldier. The stripe should make it's way into that other stripe and set off a little four ball reaction and you most likely will make one in your pocket or leave him in dismal position by performing a very easy shot. Obviously you follow with the cue to the side of the stack.

John Brumback

Verified Member
I don't see any reason I can't baby bank the 9 and leave the cball over on the side rail.Even if I don't make the 9,I am going to have the cball over on the siderail.If that 5ball has room I might get some too.I do not think that a good one pocket player would go for that combo and knock all those balls over in front of my hole.If they want to shoot at it,I would say....just go right ahead buddy,fire away:lol
John B.

bstroud

Verified Member
I'm banking the 9 ball with high right and good speed.

My intention is to make the 9 and get the cue ball up near the side pocket. I am not lagging the bank.

The shot is only good if you get the cue ball near the side pocket. If you don't and you miss the bank you have lost the advantage of hiding the balls near your pocket.

The cue ball is really the important part of this shot.

Bill S.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL

I drew multiple lines through the combo he has to show how good it is. Not only that, but if you leave him up table he will make the easy combo and can use the five to stop his cue ball and have shape on the solid ball that's involved with the combo and end up beating your ass. So bank that ball over and disrupt it now because that stripe is not laying that good anyway, blocking your soldier. The stripe should make it's way into that other stripe and set off a little four ball reaction and you most likely will make one in your pocket or leave him in dismal position by performing a very easy shot. Obviously you follow with the cue to the side of the stack.

I don't think he would go for the "easy combo". It moves the furniture in the wrong direction and isn't all that easy. It looks good on paper.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I think it's time to attack here and play aggressively that's why I like either shooting the 11 ball like doc says or the 9 ball but the problem with the 9 ball could be the position of the 9 ball in relation to the top rail if the 9ball lays 1/2" or less off the top you're taking away a big part of the bank that's very beneficial. Laying that closely to the top rail preclude you from banking the 9 ball toward the 13 ball and then into the pocket a very important part of choosing the option. to bank the 9 ball off the 13 ball you must then hit the 9 ball thickly but you cant afford to hit it thickly because of the fear of getting a double kiss off the 9ball and possibly scratching in the upper left hand corner so with that understanding I really would really would stay away from banking the 9 ball and go to the 11 ball the 11 ball is position very close to the cue ball allowing you to hit it accurately and the angle offered with the 11 ball looks natural to go up table just like doc diagramed and then go toward the side pocket that shot actually lays perfectly for what you should want to do.

Dr Bill

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
The nine looks tempting but unless the cueball is played two rails and out toward the middle of the table there is no second shot. This makes the nine ball a poor choice in my opinion. That combo is too close to being "on" to take a chance at this stage of the game. By waiting one more shot by playing a safety now, an agressive shot is right around the corner. A little patience is needed here, and that nine ball bank isn't going anywhere soon.

I would play into that ball at the top of the stack sending it two rails up table and pulling the cue ball into the stack. From there I have a strangle hold on the game.

Tom

Sorry Tom, that's not a true statement. After banking the 9, there are at least two shots to move lots of balls over. also after banking the 9 there's no way the combo is on for your opponent.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
A monster shot that I first seen when Babyface shot it in Johnston City, is Bank the 11 ball into about 1 1/4 diamond up from the corner. With a hard draw stroke and left hand english, pull the cue ball into about 1 1/2 diamonds up from the opposite corner pocket. The cue ball will contact the long rail and then spring down to the opposite long rail and up table. The 11 ball will crash into the side of the rack and anything could happen, all of it good.

Beard

Dont tell Dr Bill this shot

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
A monster shot that I first seen when Babyface shot it in Johnston City, is Bank the 11 ball into about 1 1/4 diamond up from the corner. With a hard draw stroke and left hand english, pull the cue ball into about 1 1/2 diamonds up from the opposite corner pocket. The cue ball will contact the long rail and then spring down to the opposite long rail and up table. The 11 ball will crash into the side of the rack and anything could happen, all of it good.

Beard

Dont tell Dr Bill this shot

I LIKE this shot, its def a RA ball herding move, possibly effecting 10 balls in one shot. Niiiiiiiiiiiiice one fred.