New One Pocket Matches on POV Pool YouTube

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Well, it's been a long time since I've had a trusted internet connection to get these up and I hope you all haven't been waiting too long.

More matches will be up on this playlist soon, including the finals:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfToIMJBTemL3qFmhri4E26DsQ3uuJhuy

Thanks and Keep Loving Pool

- Daniel

Daniel; first, thanks for the videos, great work! :D

:heh Who in their right minds came up with this, 'brilliant' (not) idea of NOT more 4 balls behind the string to the back rail? Why don't they just play, "If you don't run 8 & out, your opponent gets CB in hand!" I've never seen something so ridiculous re; one pocket in my life!

The person or persons who came up with this gem, must NOT know the first thing about the game! Completely absurd!
:sorry

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky

Daniel; first, thanks for the videos, great work! :D

:heh Who in their right minds came up with this, 'brilliant' (not) idea of NOT more 4 balls behind the string to the back rail? Why don't they just play, "If you don't run 8 & out, your opponent gets CB in hand!" I've never seen something so ridiculous re; one pocket in my life!

The person or persons who came up with this gem, must NOT know the first thing about the game! Completely absurd!
:sorry

Those kind of speed up rules have been around for a while. Grady used them at some of his events and the Beard had a similar game (copyrighted, I remember right) in one of his bank books.

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
I would highly recommend you guys watch and share this match between Danny Olsen and Wayne Pullen Although, Box and I experienced a glitch in the stream which forced us to resume the action during the next frame and we lost some time in the match, I really think you'll enjoy it.

Bravo to both players and thanks to my man, Box!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNzNP5o2wF8[/ame]

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Very enjoyable match, Daniel. Thank you for providing that for us. Is Wayne Pullen the same Wayne who is a friend of Keone's, and plays at House of Billiards?

~Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Those kind of speed up rules have been around for a while. Grady used them at some of his events

Here's my post from a couple of years ago re. that subject ----->

I Played in Gradys "Legends of One Pocket" tournament in South Carolina several years ago (in 2001 I think it was), where Grady implemented the 'speeded up' rules for the first time = (spotting up balls that are in the kitchen)...and call me a traditionalist, but I didn't like it, and am totally against it...and all the players that I talked to that were playing in the tournament didn't like those rules either - at all.....it's not real One Pocket - just to name one real bad thing about those rules - it took away a lot of the straight back banks and also the 2 rail and 3 rail banks - and those are shots that are a big part of the skill and beauty of One Pocket.........maybe the only players that these rules would favor, and who might like them, would be straight pool players...:rolleyes:

And nowadays, games don't usually slow down all that much anyways, unless you're playing against one of the mega-safe player types like Varner or Hopkins, etc. ( of which there aren't very many of in these current modern times anyway ).

- Ghost

unoperro

Verified Member
Thanks for all you do.I enjoyed this live. Had been looking for it to get posted.
Thanks again.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I can only find the first 20 minutes.

What am I doing wrong?

(I love watching both Danny and Wayne. Wayne is the kind of player you'd like to take on the road with you... he's deceptively strong.)

keoneyo

Verified Member
Brooklyn Butch used to call Wayne, Clark Kent. Mild mannered and inconspicuous until he put on his cape and ran 8 and out faster than a speeding train.
Wayne had a tough match last week with of the local one pocket wizards at Hard Times. Wayne had to give up the break but again put on his cape and made the city safe again.

Wayne

Verified Member
Well I didn't quite finish after the Danny Olsen match and ended in third place.

However, this month's tournament I decided before the tournament that I would stay focused throughout. I only lost one game the whole tournament.

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
Well I didn't quite finish after the Danny Olsen match and ended in third place.

However, this month's tournament I decided before the tournament that I would stay focused throughout. I only lost one game the whole tournament.

Yes, Wayne - and you got to play my friend Mike Stilkey. I'm really proud of his progress. I remember meeting him 8 years ago at Hollywood Billiards and he could barely hit straight. Nice going, Wayne!