hey dennis lovers what say you now ??

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
still the loss doesnt take away from the fact it was an amazing shot.......

I was just talking to Kentucky Bill about this shot. I think Tony was so jacked up about pulling an amazing shot and getting out of a killer break, all he was thinking about was offense and he chose a poor shot and sold out and ended up losing the game. This was a huge turnaround IMO in this set.

I will be there today rooting Tony in.

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
I was just talking to Kentucky Bill about this shot. I think Tony was so jacked up about pulling an amazing shot and getting out of a killer break, all he was thinking about was offense and he chose a poor shot and sold out and ended up losing the game. This was a huge turnaround IMO in this set.

i agree.....when i saw it live, i wasnt sure exactly what happened--of course i knew he jumped it, but after that, i wasnt sure--then they showed it in slo mo later, and i couldnt believe what a great shot it really was.....

Last edited:

poolboy79

Well-Known-Member
That was likely the dumbest shot I have ever seen in 1p that actually worked.

I remember that shot. What else did he actually have? If he had something else it seems like he figured it would only get worse from there so he decided to pull the trigger based on his skill set.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
still the loss doesnt take away from the fact it was an amazing shot.......

That shot encapsulated Tony's game. He can make the most amazing shots, but its not about how many circus shots you can make. It's about winning. One pocket is about controlled aggression, not unbridled aggression. Tony and Danny play the same game and when it is flowing, it is the most powerful thing you have ever seen. But they refuse to play basic defense when the game calls for it. They refuse to grind; they refuse to hang tough and make their opponent earn games. They just give them away rather than staying in the moment and acknowledging that sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor. I am not trying to turn them into Nick Varner and put all the balls in a wedge up table. I would like to see them back off 15% of their recklessness. That's all. Just make your opponent beat you and quit beating yourself.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I was just talking to Kentucky Bill about this kick shot. I think Tony was so jacked up about pulling an amazing shot and getting out of a killer break, all he was thinking about was offense and he chose a poor shot and sold out and ended up losing the game. This was a huge turnaround IMO in this set.

Yeah John...I believe two shots turned the whole match around for Dennis...

The one you mentioned in your above post = Tony missing that simple shot after he made the amazing kick shot...

And #2...during, approx. the 55th game, when Tony needed just that one last ball to win the game, and that easy, short, cut shot skidded on him - Dennis then running the remaining 5 balls to win the game....I know some of the chatters were saying it didn't skid, but I saw the 'unnatural flopped over rotation' of the object ball when Tony's cueball struck it - telling me that it skidded.....it then appeared to me that this skid tilted Tony a little bit for the games after that.

Imo, if it wasn't for these two shots Tony would have been up 2-3 games.
when it ended last night,

- Ghost