Come On, People, Buddy Hall is required in the HOF!

Working_Class_Hero

Verified Member
From
Cedar Rapids, IA
I still see that Buddy Hall is still lagging behind Allen Hopkins for induction in the One Pocket Hall of Fame. Cooney right now will not be beaten. That is A-Okay with me, but what is disturbing to me is that Buddy Hall might not get in this year. I believe that most of you have seen his Accu-Stats matches, and they are, on the whole, spectacular. His cue ball control is equal to that of Steve Cook, His Strategy his impeccable, and he is creative in his shot choice, often coming up with shots that neither commentator saw coming and that are devastating to his opponent. His commentary is superb, and he is a nice guy. He has tangled with the best, even beating Reyes to the shot in multiple matches. HE NEEDS TO BE IN THE HOF!
Buddy is not immortal, and has a limited time to wait for our honors. All of those who have not voted please vote for him. He is a living Legend, and needs to be in the Hall that honors those Legends.

Sincerely,

Working Class Hero…….

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Smorgass Bored said:
I concur.

Doug

I like Buddy a lot too. But didn't one commentator (and member of this forum) say on an Accu-Stats match something like, "Buddy doesn't know 1pocket and couldn't find his pocket with an Indian guide."

Lou Figueroa
just askin'

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Working_Class_Hero said:
He is a living Legend, and needs to be in the Hall that honors those Legends.
I agree with you, WCH. Pool players have a herd instinct. When a player or two get a lot of attention, guys tend to vote for him. My early hunch was that Buddy and Ervolino would be front runners this year, but it doesn't look like it now.

It may be that because Buddy was known as one of the premier 9-ball players, some may not believe he deserves one-pocket HOF recognition. Of course that didn't affect the voting for Efren, Grady, and a few others. If Buddy doesn't make it this year, hopefully there will be sufficient attention paid to him next year.

Doc

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Hmmm,

Hmmm,

lfigueroa said:
I like Buddy a lot too. But didn't one commentator (and member of this forum) say on an Accu-Stats match something like, "Buddy doesn't know 1pocket and couldn't find his pocket with an Indian guide."

Lou Figueroa
just askin'

I think I remember somebody saying something like that myself.

the Beard

Working_Class_Hero

Verified Member
From
Cedar Rapids, IA
Getting Closer!

Getting Closer!

Down by 5 votes now, Come On folks!!!!!!
Was that "Indian Guide" comment made in the 1998 Match Against Jermey Jones? I think that Freddy made an appearance in that match in commentary...

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
Working_Class_Hero said:
Down by 5 votes now, Come On folks!!!!!!
Was that "Indian Guide" comment made in the 1998 Match Against Jermey Jones? I think that Freddy made an appearance in that match in commentary...

I voted for Buddy, also. And if Fats hasn't been inducted by now, I don't guess he ever will. Fats' contributions are well known. I guess people feel he has gotten enough attention.

Smorgass Bored

Verified Member
From
Tampa
Dammit !

Dammit !

Well, unless they induct three players this year, it looks as if Buddy Hall lost by ONE VOTE to Allen Hopkins. :eek:

Doug

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
We should induct one live one and one unlive one each year. That way the gone will not be totally forgotten.