Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2016, 01:45 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnInNH View Post
Hi Jeff,

Very well said, I want to also thank Dave Richardson for his support of this tournament, John Rizzo for making us all feel welcome.

My part in the tournament can be summed up this way, "I had one good day (Friday) and one bad day (Saturday)" on Saturday it all started when my opponent JH won the break and made a ball to nearly run out, it went downhill from there.

I agree that the final 4 may have been the cream of the crop but other players not mentioned above could have gotten in such as Don Steele (US Open Senior winner), Phil Martin, Reggie Barksdale, Casey Kilian, Jeff Sparks, don't forget LS John, etc., all very deserving.

What a pleasure to meet everyone there.

Although I never got to play Bob Ogburn he is very deserving of the win his cue ball control and shot making ability was 2nd to none, he beat the players that I lost to, that was good enough for me.

I also want to thank Bill Meyers for handling the streaming so friends back home could see how bad I played and to Bill Fuller for taking charge of the tournament, great job to you both.

Hope everyone had a safe trip back home.

John
I'm sorry we didn't get the chance to talk more, but it was a pleasure seeing you. Hope to see you at the Derby, and especially in April when we get to play those rascally youngsters. I know we can outsmart those kids... they just don't have the experience.

P.S. I really admire your game (especially on Friday.)
Old 11-02-2016, 03:28 PM
Verified Member

Congrats to Bob. Black Bart is alive and well, still robbing trains and stagecoaches.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:03 PM
Verified Member

Bob always was dangerous.

Bill S.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:28 PM
Verified Member

Default Hello and Thank you

Hi everyone on onepocket.org , thanks for inviting me to become a member.
I just want to say a few thanks to David Richardson and John Rizzo @Bogies billiards for making the senior events possible and great hospitality. My sis (Mary)and I are the biggest fan of all senior events. If it wasn't for the senior our games would not have grown. I am so grateful that I can watch a wonderful tourney in my own back yard, and seeing of my old friends and meeting new ones. Thanks again !!

Ming Ng
aka
Exoticspice
Old 11-03-2016, 08:03 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ng AKA Exoticspice View Post
Hi everyone on onepocket.org , thanks for inviting me to become a member.
I just want to say a few thanks to David Richardson and John Rizzo @Bogies billiards for making the senior events possible and great hospitality. My sis (Mary)and I are the biggest fan of all senior events. If it wasn't for the senior our games would not have grown. I am so grateful that I can watch a wonderful tourney in my own back yard, and seeing of my old friends and meeting new ones. Thanks again !!

Ming Ng
aka
Exoticspice
Ming, it's so good to see you on here. I missed not gong there and seeing you and Mary. A couple of my favorite ladies. Maybe next year.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:37 PM
Verified Member

Hope to see you soon Frank, we miss you here too...XOXOXO
Old 11-03-2016, 10:52 PM
Verified Member

Default I'm here LSJOHN

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJohn View Post
Absolutely the finest bunch of guys I've ever had the pleasure of spending time with in 71 years, and I'm glad to be able to add David Richardson to the list.

If 'Da Barber had been there and we could have talked Rod into playing, it would have been perfect!

Oh, BTW, in case you're ever in Bogies. There's a young Houston lady --very nice, a good player and a good friend of Bob Ogburn -- who....... uh......... um...

Remember I warned you guys that if you have dinner plans not to tell FastEddie "Good Morning"? That young lady -- "Ming" is her name -- made fast Eddie run to Walgreens looking for a set of ear plugs.

She wants to learn 1P so I told her she had to come on here. Ming, if you're readin' this, I love ya. Just teasin'. You do know how to make people comfortable by keepin' a conversation goin'.

Bob Ogburn and Don Steele were our Newbies along with Phil Martin who turned 70 this year (he played in our get-together at Lacy's.) Three good additions to our crew.
I'm here now but not sure how to surf around yet.