Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2004, 10:06 PM
Verified Member

[QUOTE=hemicudas]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHasBeen
No, Lou - I don't need to adjust - I no longer play to put food in my mouth (YOU know I haven't missed any meals lately) or purchase the necessities of life. I simply have set up shop over at The Break in Cahokia and play $20/$30 Nine Ball or One-Pocket every afternoon. If this sounds like an invitation, it's because IT IS.

Finally!!!!! After all this time, OP.org, has had a challenge issued and hopefully accepted. Damn, I love action.

Now, when, where, what game, how much and can I get some rail action without getting put in the middle, lol.
OK $Bill - yer on. I'll take the old guy - hey us old guys gotta stick together

See ya in Starkville my friend, Pel
Old 10-08-2004, 07:59 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Lou - You say - "I can get played". Hell, Buddy could get played if there was someone waiting there for him. You don't state with WHO, WHAT game, or for HOW MUCH.
I envy your position of having plenty of invitations to play, however I am only interested in games that involve CA$H. That is why I am over at The Break everyday.
I do think that Chesterfield is a great room with excellent equipment that offers a very enjoyable playing atmosphere. Jerry has done a wonderful job out there.
I however do business everyday in downtown St. Louis dealing with my direct mail product and crossing just over the river to The Break is very convenient. I wouldn’t care to drive 80 miles round trip to talk.
Terry is starting to play everyday and as everyone knows, he might play huge matche$ at any given time with anyone who comes in. Terry & Dale played 9 hours yesterday and it was a great game to sweat & or wager on. Gary Sills, Brad Levin, Dale, Terry, Joe Woolford, Andy Quinn & myself, etc., etc. are subject to be "In Action" over there anytime-24,7,365.
I do know ABOUT how you play and understand that you are serious student of the game. You have placed very high in some major tournaments and are a threat to beat anyone at anytime. I however am nothing but a fat Old Has Been who is trying to resurrect a stroke that has been deceased for many, many years. This offer of mine to play you EVEN One-Pocket, For $40 "Or More" @ The Break cannot last forever. You are rapidly going up the ladder and will soon be one of the best players in the Nation. I will soon be just sitting "On The Bench" telling old stories of "Who Shot John In 1943"!
COME AND GET SOME, WHILE THE GETTINS GOOD"
TY & GL
Tom, Tom, Tom. Come on. I think you know enough about me to know that when I said “you can get played,” I clearly meant by me. You complain that I didn’t say what game, or for how much (little details you left out of your original “invitation”). But certainly you know enough about me to know the game would be 1pocket.

And, I think you also know enough about me to know I carry cash. Like Bob Huddleston use to say, “It ain’t too heavy to carry around.”

I’m sorry it would be an inconvenience for you to drive so far out west. But as I said: if you ever stray out thataway, you can get played -- by me -- at 1pocket. If you ever make that long, long, long twenty-five minute drive out there from downtown, we can negotiate the amount, but I promise to make it worth the expedition.

I’m no former road player who traveled with the big boys. I’m just a retired military guy, who occasionally likes to play the random game of 1pocket. I know you’re getting in stroke and once you get there, I’ll have no chance. Soooo, my offer to play you @ Chesterfield won’t last for ever, either.

Come get some… while you can.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:54 AM
Verified Member

Default Thank You....But

I sincerely thank you for the offer and hope we can get together some day. I do buy quite a lot of my clothes out at Dean's Clothier's that is across the street from Chesterfield, so you never know.
I envy your position of being retired and having the opportunity of going anywhere you choose during the day to play pool.
I however have a Sophomore @ St. Louis University & a Senior @ Ursline Academy who wants to go to Harvard. I have a business to run and a commitment to be at the Main Post Office (downtown) almost everyday. Sooooo!
Lou - You know what I think is the best part of this whole conversation? Just the fact that we are "Matching Up" OR even trying, on an Internet site. I think this is something that could revolutionize the way players negotiate a match and can only help the game.
I can envision poolrooms that are "Online" and being able to watch live matches between the pros on large screen Monitors/TV's. ?BCN?
This concept could also be used to let everyone know that Lou is playing Tom for X$ @ Chesterfield OR Terry is playing Joe Woolford for X$ at The Break, Etc, Etc.
I am sitting at my desk, running my business, on the phone with my Reps AND discussing a potential pool game. Wonderful Country, America!
"THIS IS GREAT"!
I mean it when I say I appreciate your offer to - Step Up - and play Even One Pocket with me out there for at least $40 a game. And I am also sure that if I can make it out there, one of us would win at least $280 OR MORE.
AGAIN, TY & GL
Old 10-08-2004, 07:34 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
"
"THE RED CIRCLE IS SMALLER & LIGHTER THAN THE OBJECT BALLS"!

"!
You make some good points, Ty. I had a long conversation with Tommy Kennedy awhile back about the variation in weights of the red circle CBs. He told me that he went through hundreds of them to find 15 that weighed exactly 6 ounces. Said he has boxes of them at home. Some are as much as 1/2 ounce or more lighter. He uses the 6 ounce weight with each set of Super Aramith balls on all of his tour stops. I definitely noticed a difference, especially with position play. The 6 ounce CB seems to roll through the OB better. I'm sure some of it is psychological, but while it's true that players should be able to make an adjustment in a wide array of equipment settings, I like to be confident that I'm playing with matched pool balls.

I've never measured the diameters, but I will this weekend using your method. Pool balls do wear with use, which makes them smaller, so it's nice to have newer merchandise. Of course we're talking serious players here. Bangers wouldn't know or care about these differences, so naturally the average room owner wouldn't care either.

Doc
Old 10-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Verified Member

Default Thank You, Doc !

DOC - Thank You for your excellent response. Now, since I'm really "Out Of Touch" can you please tell me where I can buy the original Blue Circle Cue Ball ??? Not the whole Centennial set, but just the Cue Ball.
TY & GL
Old 10-10-2004, 06:22 PM
Verified Member

I mean it when I say I appreciate your offer to - Step Up - and play Even One Pocket with me out there for at least $40 a game. And I am also sure that if I can make it out there, one of us would win at least $280 OR MORE.
AGAIN, TY & GL[/QUOTE]

Clearly, if anyone here ever needs a pre-nuptial agreement worked up, they should look you up. Yes, I’ll be happy to play you, 1pocket, even. But as I said, we’ll have to negotiate the bet once we’re both in the same room. Someone might win $280, or more, or less, or we might play to a draw. Who knows…
Old 10-10-2004, 09:19 PM
Verified Member

Default Blue circle

Quote:
DOC - Thank You for your excellent response. Now, since I'm really "Out Of Touch" can you please tell me where I can buy the original Blue Circle Cue Ball ??? Not the whole Centennial set, but just the Cue Ball.
TY & GL
Ty, I don't know. I looked in the new Mueller catalogue, but no blue circle. They offer a red circle and also a black circle. I couldn't say what the difference is betwee the blue and black. Seems to me when I ordered a new set of Centennials awhile back, they came with a black circle CB. Could be wrong. You might post that question about blue circles on another forum, such as RSB or AZ or whatever. I'm sure you'd get a barrel full of responses. Some of them might even be on topic!!

Let us know what you found out.

Doc
Old 10-12-2004, 09:22 AM
Verified Member

Default Negotiate, NO - Play, Yes !

You Stated - Yes, I’ll be happy to play you, 1pocket, even. But as I said, we’ll have to negotiate the bet once we’re both in the same room. Someone might win $280, or more, or less, or we might play to a draw. Who knows…

Lou, Lou, Lou - As I have previously stated, I Don't Want To Drive All The Way Out There To - "Talk".
If you think I was trying to Pre-Qualify our playing details ..... Your Right.

As I am sure you are basing My Playing Abilities on pre conceived rumors of how I USED to play, I am also basing my opinion about getting ALL the details worked out first, on a rumored reputation about you.

I find this venue (azbilliards, Forum) MUCH more convenient. I really don't think this is going anywhere anyway, so why not get ALL the details worked out here first.
Once we come to a firm agreement (which is not looking very good), on ALL the details, we can just print it out, meet & play as agreed.
TY & GL
Old 10-12-2004, 03:57 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc
Ty, I don't know. I looked in the new Mueller catalogue, but no blue circle. They offer a red circle and also a black circle. I couldn't say what the difference is betwee the blue and black. Seems to me when I ordered a new set of Centennials awhile back, they came with a black circle CB. Could be wrong. You might post that question about blue circles on another forum, such as RSB or AZ or whatever. I'm sure you'd get a barrel full of responses. Some of them might even be on topic!!

Let us know what you found out.

Doc
Doc, are you going to Starkville this weekend?
Old 10-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Verified Member

Default Too stark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicudas
Doc, are you going to Starkville this weekend?
No, I can't make it Hemi. I did go to the Kenner tourney 10/9. Played like a *girl*... Lost to two guys I'm supposed to give the 7 or 8. I'll be in Mobile this weekend. Probably stop in and check out those thieves at Breakers. See if there's any action.

You're definitely coming to Grady's event on 12/8-12/12 aren't cha? I don't think there's much coming up between this weekend and then. I'm so sick of 9 ball I could barf. I want to get more one hole under my belt!

Doc

Last edited by onepocket; 10-13-2004 at 05:55 AM.