Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2005, 04:20 PM
Verified Member

Default ? Enough room ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bentivegna
To make the room more comfortable for everyone, maybe they could install some bleachers on one side of the room? What do y'all think? A room full of tables and chairs could get kind of claustrophobic. Much easier to watch a game or exhibition.

the Beard
Freddy - The room with the table in it is only 33' X 23'. I don't think there would be enough room for any bleachers but you would know more about that then I would.
If so, I think we should wait until we get there to ask for (and arrange) for anything more. It will be a lot easier to do in person then trying to get it done for us before hand.

Thanks, Tom
Old 12-13-2005, 07:39 AM
Verified Member

Default King of the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost
OHB, Count me in....And how about at some point during the week starting up a one pocket '20 jellybean' table challenge - whoever wins the first game stays on the table, playing one challenger/one game until he's de-throned, and there's a new 'king of the table' until somebody beats him, and so on - I think that would be a lot of fun - what does everybody think of that idea ? Ghost

I'm for it as long as you promise to play and go off.
the Beard
Old 12-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Verified Member

Default Freddy-$$$ = Ghost+$$$

Quote:
I'm for it as long as you promise to play and go off.
the Beard

I would, but how can I go off - if you lose one game you're off the table.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:13 AM
Verified Member

Default Bleachers

Quote:
To make the room more comfortable for everyone, maybe they could install some bleachers on one side of the room? What do y'all think? A room full of tables and chairs could get kind of claustrophobic. Much easier to watch a game or exhibition.

the Beard

Yeah, bleachers would be great if there are some available, and if they would fit in the room.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Default Time to post up!

Okay, the deal on the AZ/1P room at the DCC is that any of us that would like to have use of the room, have to send a check of at least $20 to WillieBetMore ahead of time -- which is now! $20 is the entry level. Send $40 or $50 if you can, if you can afford to, especially if you will be at DC for more than a couple of days and you plan to make use of the table...

If he has not already contacted you with his 'real name' and address for mailing the check, let either him or me know and one of us will provide it for you.

This room looks like it is going to be a central gathering spot for inter-forum member challenges and socializing, plus at least a few VERY worthwhile appearances by guys like Grady, The Beard, and others. If you are planning to go, don't cut yourself out of this by not signing up!

If you are not already a member of either OnePocket.org or AZBilliards, but are planning to go to Derby City -- it's time to take the plunge and join

See you there!
Old 12-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Verified Member

Default Can I pay by PayPal?

Can I?

John
Old 12-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Verified Member

No, Willie is accepting checks or money orders only.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:06 PM

DCC-AZBILLIARDS/ONEPOCKET.ORG Banner ready for viewing....
Without further ado, I present to you the banner for the ......

AZ BILLIARDS
ONEPOCKET.ORG
ROOM OF EXCELLENCE

I had to shrink the file so the detail is a little distorted, but believe me it looks GREAT

The banner is 4'x8' and it will have hookeyes in it for mounting. I am also fabricating 5 - 18"x24" directional signs with loose arrows with velcro on the back. That way you can mount your arrow in any direction(left, right, straight or even at a 45* angle) to point people to the "ROOM" I need to know where to ship it as well as who is footing the shipping charge

Seriously though, they will be complete tomorrow. Who is going to be responsible for receiving them? OHB, WBM, Steve? You guys Pm me with the info

As I posted in the DCC ROOM thread on AZ, I think you guys should get all of the "celebs" to sign the banner and the directionals as well and then auction them off to the highest bidder at a later date. The contribution can go to the charity of our choice in the name of AZBILLIARDS/1POCKET.ORG
JUST my 2cents

The banner and directionals are being provided by http://www.hardmansigns.com
Attached Images

Last edited by sizl; 12-20-2005 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Wow -- thanks again for putting the leg work in for this!

As far as who should receive it, it would have to be OHB, because I don't get there until Saturday.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Default Willie Jopling

Bill Marshall AKA Willie Jopling has agreed to do an exhibition in the AZ/1P room.

He also issues a challenge to anybody -- pros included! -- at KISS Pool (or reverse pool). That is the game where you cue up the object ball and shoot it into the cue ball, scoring when you successfully carom your object ball into a pocket. He says he has been beaten by only a couple of pros at that game -- Allen Hopkins and one other I already forgot. I'll have to scavenge up his rules...

Anyone going to DCC that hasn't actually sent in their $20 minimum donation for table privelages in this private room, you should do it soon. It has to be done in advance, not at the DCC.

I can provide the name and address as to where to mail the check to anyone who needs it.