compton /appleton #1

OPBEAST

Verified Member
(Darren played a very good shot and most likely will get rewarded for it in some way. There's no guarantee that Chip will answer Darren's shot choice with a good or bad one in return, however, Darren has worked himself out of immediate danger and has put the onus back on Chip. Remember..nothing beats a failure but a try.

By the way, when playing off the key boards the game just seems to play easier, however, Darren played his shot at the table, lets see how well Chip does at the table, i'm thinking it won't be as easy as your return from the key board.

Dr. Bill)

Just saying...

According to the illustration, to lay that cueball on the back of the seven ball and make it kiss like that, how many times out of 10 can a player execute that to perfection?

The percentage cant be high.

And I dont think its that hard of a situation regardless whether its from behind the keyboard or actually on the table.

By the way, Im shooting 1000% from behind the keyboard!!...lol..j/k :lol

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
(Darren played a very good shot and most likely will get rewarded for it in some way. There's no guarantee that Chip will answer Darren's shot choice with a good or bad one in return, however, Darren has worked himself out of immediate danger and has put the onus back on Chip. Remember..nothing beats a failure but a try.

By the way, when playing off the key boards the game just seems to play easier, however, Darren played his shot at the table, lets see how well Chip does at the table, i'm thinking it won't be as easy as your return from the key board.

Dr. Bill)

Just saying...

According to the illustration, to lay that cueball on the back of the seven ball and make it kiss like that, how many times out of 10 can a player execute that to perfection?

The percentage cant be high.

And I dont think its that hard of a situation regardless whether its from behind the keyboard or actually on the table.

By the way, Im shooting 1000% from behind the keyboard!!...lol..j/k :lol

well darren just did it 100%.....:eek:........:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
fwiw
the lane to come off the 8 and put darren back where he came from wasnt there
so chip just tapped the ball and took an intentional himself
daren nudged the 8 ball and ended up in one of the other optimal places dr. bill discussed behind the 8
it only got worse for chip in the next few innings
dc4.jpg

dc5.jpg

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Why, oh why, would Chip just leave the CB where it was?? Why not put it by Darren's side pocket if he was gonna take a foul?

I would have loved to have seen Darren's face when Chip presented him with that gift.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
^^^^^^^^
tap...tap for the analysis dr.bill
very logical and well thought out
i need to continue to train myself to approach the table with such an objective
approach when deciding "what should I do now?"
darren did indeed shoot the shot frank saw ,,,,good eye frank,,,,:)
he hit it with perfect speed and accuracy
look how the cue ball is pretty close to froze to the 7
franks diagram is alittle cleaner than mine.......:eek:
View attachment 11778

View attachment 11779
Well this is the perfect time to play the reverse three cushion around the table shot that we practice but very seldom use in a game. As you can clearly see the left side of the cue ball is open for the left spin that is required for this shot to be executed. I would shoot this shot with the speed to go around the table and end up near the side rail 2-1/2 diamonds up from my opponents pocket.

Just something to think about the next time it shows.:D

Dr. Bill

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Why, oh why, would Chip just leave the CB where it was?? Why not put it by Darren's side pocket if he was gonna take a foul?

I would have loved to have seen Darren's face when Chip presented him with that gift.

I think the path toward Darren's side pocket might have been to just the other side of it. If his speed is off by an inch I think Darren would shoot the 14, and I wouldn't want him to from there. I'd rather give him a better angle and more distance by putting it in the top corner.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Well this is the perfect time to play the reverse three cushion around the table shot that we practice but very seldom use in a game. As you can clearly see the left side of the cue ball is open for the left spin that is required for this shot to be executed. I would shoot this shot with the speed to go around the table and end up near the side rail 2-1/2 diamonds up from my opponents pocket.

Dr. Bill

Can't say I've practiced that shot, but I've tried it several times and had no luck, especially with the speed. But I see that it lays awfully good for that shot for those who can handle it.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Dr. Bill

like this dr bill?
i usually have trouble having the spin take on the second cushion....:eek:
dc10.jpg

keoneyo

Verified Member

Dr. Bill

Ernesto tried to teach me this shot. He made it every time. Me I had so much trouble getting it he just shook his head and said something in Spanish. I wasnt lost in translation.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
like this dr bill?
i usually have trouble having the spin take on the second cushion....:eek:
View attachment 11782

that's a killer shot. i didn't know it until calired posted a wwyd where it was used. SJD (i call/named it the "SJD 5 Railer") and dr. bill elaborated on how to make it run. i got in a tough spot at DCC and pulled it out of the bag....and lost the game/match on it....:frus:D

(it almost got there :p)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
that's a killer shot. i didn't know it until calired posted a wwyd where it was used. SJD (i call/named it the "SJD 5 Railer") and dr. bill elaborated on how to make it run. i got in a tough spot at DCC and pulled it out of the bag....and lost the game/match on it....:frus:D

(it almost got there :p)

Shoot it like you own it!!! Practice it until you own it!!! Next time you shoot it you might win the match with it.

Shoot it like you own it..even if you don't.:D

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
fwiw
the lane to come off the 8 and put darren back where he came from wasnt there
so chip just tapped the ball and took an intentional himself
daren nudged the 8 ball and ended up in one of the other optimal places dr. bill discussed behind the 8
it only got worse for chip in the next few innings
View attachment 11780

View attachment 11781

All chip had to do was kick 2 rails at the 2/6 and darren would have been dead. These young guys all shoot straight but they dont have a ****ing clue

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Shoot it like you own it!!! Practice it until you own it!!! Next time you shoot it you might win the match with it.

Shoot it like you own it..even if you don't.:D

Dr. Bill

Sorry billy, in this situation the 5 railer isn't worth shit. The 2 railer back and forth is easy and you can actually get him on the 2 or 6 ball.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
In the original shot with how the balls were laying the shot was to take an intentional kick 2 rails toward the 8 ball. As long as you get the cue ball by the end rail you are out of the trap. The shot darren chose was DEFINITELY not the right intentional because how the balls were laying... He got lucky he was playing a brainless wonder

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Sorry billy, in this situation the 5 railer isn't worth shit. The 2 railer back and forth is easy and you can actually get him on the 2 or 6 ball.

I see your shot on the two railer, however, I believe the 4ball is laying a little high for that shot to play comfortably. The around the table option is a good option, like I said I wouldn't hit it with the speed to go to the bottom rail. I would end up on the side rail 2-1/2 diamonds up from the pocket.

When you say that the five railer is a bad shot and not worth shit, you're losing credibility with me. Practice up and shoot it again.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
In the original shot with how the balls were laying the shot was to take an intentional kick 2 rails toward the 8 ball. As long as you get the cue ball by the end rail you are out of the trap. The shot darren chose was DEFINITELY not the right intentional because how the balls were laying... He got lucky he was playing a brainless wonder
I disagree, the shot Darren shot was a good return from where he was. What would you have done from that position? I'll listen to you or any one that has an opinion. My grand father once told me that two heads are better than one...even if the one is a "cabbage head" :p

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I see your shot on the two railer, however, I believe the 4ball is laying a little high for that shot to play comfortably. The around the table option is a good option, like I said I wouldn't hit it with the speed to go to the bottom rail. I would end up on the side rail 2-1/2 diamonds up from the pocket.

When you say that the five railer is a bad shot and not worth shit, you're losing credibility with me. Practice up and shoot it again.

Dr. Bill

I didn't say the 5 railer isn't worth shit.... IN THIS SITUATION IT ISN'T WORTH SHIT...there is a difference.
P.S. For what its worth there is nobody on this forum who kicks as good as me and that isn't bragging... THATS A FACT:eek: