One pocket pool
One Pocket.org home About onepocket.org Learning the game Hall of fame marketplace a one pocket pool forum
  #1  
Old 12-21-2013, 01:13 PM
frmn frmn is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 96
Default US Open 1Pocket in Reno

Hey Hendy One Pocket at the Bar Table Championships. See playcsi.com for details.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-22-2013, 09:02 AM
NH Steve's Avatar
NH Steve NH Steve is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 5,197
Default US Open One Pocket Feb 24-27 in Reno, NV

The 2014 US Open One Pocket tournament will be held in Reno along side the US Bar Table Championships this coming year. The field will be limited to 48 players. Their will be $5000 added with 32 players and $7500 with 48 players. The dates for the One Pocket are Feb 24-27, 2014. Their will have more complete information on the playbca.com website soon.
__________________
"One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
-- Strawberry Brooks
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-22-2013, 09:20 AM
jrhendy's Avatar
jrhendy jrhendy is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: No. Calif., Sacramento area
Posts: 2,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmn View Post
Hey Hendy One Pocket at the Bar Table Championships. See playcsi.com for details.
I will be up there since it is only a couple hour drive.

Wonder why they moved it from Vegas. I really liked the setup last year at the Rio. The Grand Sierra (the old Hilton) has plenty of room and will be less expensive to stay at.

Hope they don't make us use the Magic Rack.
__________________
JOHN HENDERSON

One day you won't be the Big Dog...You will be the Old Dog
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-23-2013, 08:47 AM
gulfportdoc's Avatar
gulfportdoc gulfportdoc is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gulfport, Mississippi
Posts: 4,556
Default

I imagine that they got a much better deal on the hotel venue. Still, Reno in February is pretty rough. I used to go over to the 9-ball events in January (and June). Always hoped I'd get over Donner Pass without getting stuck, and wondering what I'd have to eat...

So I guess there won't be a summer 1P event anywhere this year. I had planned to go and donate, but will have to hope for something else in the future.

Doc
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-23-2013, 09:40 AM
jrhendy's Avatar
jrhendy jrhendy is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: No. Calif., Sacramento area
Posts: 2,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
I imagine that they got a much better deal on the hotel venue. Still, Reno in February is pretty rough. I used to go over to the 9-ball events in January (and June). Always hoped I'd get over Donner Pass without getting stuck, and wondering what I'd have to eat...

So I guess there won't be a summer 1P event anywhere this year. I had planned to go and donate, but will have to hope for something else in the future.

Doc
They do a pretty good job of keeping the roads open, but chains are always a possibility.

Rooms for the event are $54 a night and it is a nice setup with everything a pool player needs, including a very nice race/sports book with a Johnny Rocket hamburger joint right next door.

You are quite a ways away from the other casinos, but the hotel is huge by Reno standards, with plenty of options for food and drink.

It will be interesting to see how many local one pocket players will pony up the $300+ entry fee for this. The main pool room in Reno, Diamond, closed down several months ago. They get a nice turnout of pros for the bar table events, so that should help fill it up.
__________________
JOHN HENDERSON

One day you won't be the Big Dog...You will be the Old Dog
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-23-2013, 07:43 PM
gulfportdoc's Avatar
gulfportdoc gulfportdoc is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gulfport, Mississippi
Posts: 4,556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhendy View Post
They do a pretty good job of keeping the roads open, but chains are always a possibility.

Rooms for the event are $54 a night and it is a nice setup with everything a pool player needs, including a very nice race/sports book with a Johnny Rocket hamburger joint right next door.

You are quite a ways away from the other casinos, but the hotel is huge by Reno standards, with plenty of options for food and drink.

It will be interesting to see how many local one pocket players will pony up the $300+ entry fee for this. The main pool room in Reno, Diamond, closed down several months ago. They get a nice turnout of pros for the bar table events, so that should help fill it up.
I suppose Keystone Cue and Cushion is closed now too. Spent lotsa time in there during the Reno Opens, since it was one of the only places to practice.

I always preferred Reno over Vegas. It has more of a homey, small town feel.

Doc
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.