Is This The New Forum Software?

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
I guess it’s possible that when I originally downloaded Tapatalk I paid a fee which is why I have no ads at all though I don’t recall that. Since you are asking, I am a member of a few different forums and Tapatalk allows me to open one app and have very quick easy access to all of them with just one login. So for me it’s very convenient. Currently I am in safari and I do agree it’s much nicer than before. Your call of course Steve but I would rather have Tapatalk as an option if possible and if it’s not too inconvenient for you or the forum.

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Nice mint green highlight for the stickies. Truly shows where they stop.
cincy & Steve, THANK YOU for the new look. Thinkin' it should wear well.

hank

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I guess it’s possible that when I originally downloaded Tapatalk I paid a fee which is why I have no ads at all though I don’t recall that. Since you are asking, I am a member of a few different forums and Tapatalk allows me to open one app and have very quick easy access to all of them with just one login. So for me it’s very convenient. Currently I am in safari and I do agree it’s much nicer than before. Your call of course Steve but I would rather have Tapatalk as an option if possible and if it’s not too inconvenient for you or the forum.
I can't have Tapatalk hitting up our users, so sorry for now anyway it has to go.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Chris I decided to post some thing in the Journal, I couldn't figure how to add it to my older posts the T. J. parker thread..
So I just posted it, today same thing so i posed it today and it shows up above yesterday. Can that be changed or is that just how it is ?
Hey Rod, when you go to your first post (or any post), at the bottom of the post to the left hand side, there should be a link that says "EDIT", so you can click that and then add to anything you posted. Alternatively, I think you can just scroll to the bottom of your post where the text editor is and start typing and press post reply and it will add to it.

The only issue is for now anyone can reply to those threads. I am looking into one of those addons that may allow us to have it work like it did before (only the author can reply)...stay tuned!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
All in all, I think the switch over went pretty well and am pleased with the way it looks and reacts.

There will always be things to do an add but some of the immediate things I am working on and looking into include:
  • Changing the top header background to black so the logo looks better
  • Add menu links for website pages (like events, hall of fame, about us, etc.)
  • Fix an issue where it doesn't allow you to add smiley faces from the smiley button without getting an error when you try and post
  • Getting and implementing an addon that allows the journal forums to act like they used to where only the author can reply to their own threads.
EDIT: Ok smileys working! Also got the black background behind the logo row and you should now be able to reply to journals (but anyone still can) - I am still working on the other part!

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
All in all, I think the switch over went pretty well and am pleased with the way it looks and reacts.

There will always be things to do an add but some of the immediate things I am working on and looking into include:
  • Changing the top header background to black so the logo looks better
  • Add menu links for website pages (like events, hall of fame, about us, etc.)
  • Fix an issue where it doesn't allow you to add smiley faces from the smiley button without getting an error when you try and post
  • Getting and implementing an addon that allows the journal forums to act like they used to where only the author can reply to their own threads.
Thank you again Cincy, for all your hard work on this!! Also, I am very sorry for my part in the vBulletin 5 "upgrade" that turned out to be a disaster! Live and learn!!

Skin

Verified Member
I like everything about this new software except I had to change my avatar because my original (1st below) - which is a photo from my wedding reception - gets cropped too much by the software. I tried but couldn't even get my dad's pic (2nd below) from the bachelor party to show properly, either. It sure is a breeze posting pics, though, and that's great.

skin.jpg

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I like everything about this new software except I had to change my avatar because my original (1st below) - which is a photo from my wedding reception - gets cropped too much by the software. I tried but couldn't even get my dad's pic (2nd below) from the bachelor party to show properly, either. It sure is a breeze posting pics, though, and that's great.
Those pics are a riot, Skin.

I haven't tried it, but it seems to me if you were to crop the bottom half of your 1st picture it might display better in the circle. You may have a photo program. But if not there's a good easy one for online use at: https://www7.lunapic.com/editor/?action=resize

~Doc

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

I haven't tried it, but it seems to me if you were to crop the bottom half of your 1st picture it might display better in the circle. You may have a photo program. But if not there's a good easy one for online use at: https://www7.lunapic.com/editor/?action=resize

~Doc
Thats what I was going to say Doc, I would crop the top pic in half and use the top part, should work.

Skin

Verified Member

~Doc
Thats what I was going to say Doc, I would crop the top pic in half and use the top part, should work.

Thanks, Doc. :giggle:

I put the photos in my editor and the only way I could get the complete photo to show on the forum was to make it so small it became impossible to tell what it was. Continually cropping just makes the software cropping worse. I believe it has something to do with what must be a crop-to-shape function in the forum software. Maybe if the shape could be changed to a rectangle, it might accept a complete photo?

Skin

Verified Member
Deleted duplicate post.

It looks like the "Delete" [the post] function is no longer available behind the "Edit" button. Is that permanent or temporary?

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Deleted duplicate post.

It looks like the "Delete" [the post] function is no longer available behind the "Edit" button. Is that permanent or temporary?
That was my mistake, users were never able to delete their own posts/threads in the past and when we switched to xen I forgot to set the setting but did that a little while ago.

Skin

Verified Member
That was my mistake, users were never able to delete their own posts/threads in the past and when we switched to xen I forgot to set the setting but did that a little while ago.

In the original version (the one before vbulletin) we could not delete a thread nor edit the thread title, but we could delete our individual posts. I wish that could be brought back here in the new format. It's good to have a mulligan when you need it. Well, at least for me it is because I am prone to write first, think later. :eek::rolleyes::giggle: