Is This The New Forum Software?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I added the join date and message count under the user info, had location in there too but it was too long so it didn't look so hot. If you hover your mouse over their username, a pop up comes up with all that info anyways.

Also added the favicon.ico in place so now in your browser tab, instead of seeing the old V from Vbulletin, you see part of the one pocket logo.
Shoutout to Sheldon for the idea and reminder on the icon ~

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
In the original version (the one before vbulletin) we could not delete a thread nor edit the thread title, but we could delete our individual posts. I wish that could be brought back here in the new format. It's good to have a mulligan when you need it. Well, at least for me it is because I am prone to write first, think later. :eek::rolleyes::giggle:
I wasn't sure Skin, but Steve confirmed that was correct and I switched it so you can delete your own posts. Currently it's set up so you can edit or delete your posts up to 2 days after you post it.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Just implemented the "Todays Birthdays" widget now on the forum landing page to the right above member's online. By default, it was setup to show the avatar but was able to change it so that it displays the username along with age in parentheses like the old forum did.

oneholewarrior is just a fake name I created for testing purposes...

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I notice here in the main forum you can "like" a post, but not in the Journal forum (unless I overlooked it). I wonder if the Journal guys would like the like button to be available to their readers (y)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I notice here in the main forum you can "like" a post, but not in the Journal forum (unless I overlooked it). I wonder if the Journal guys would like the like button to be available to their readers (y)
can someone else please verify for me? When I go into the journal section, the same Like button appears in the bottom right of each post like in all of the forums.

Steve, for some strange reason, I think when we switched over, your administrator permissions are a little screwy. I will look into that more, let me know if others can see likes in journal section, thanks!

Jimmy B

Verified Member
can someone else please verify for me? When I go into the journal section, the same Like button appears in the bottom right of each post like in all of the forums.

Steve, for some strange reason, I think when we switched over, your administrator permissions are a little screwy. I will look into that more, let me know if others can see likes in journal section, thanks!

Yes, I can...

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Added the navigation to the menu for the other site pages.

Something I didn't realize right away, but when you see a menu item and it has a little down pointing triangle, you can click just on the triangle part and get a drop down list under it, pretty nifty! That way, you can go directly to the page you want without having to go to a middle page first.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
The favicon or whatever they are called — the little logo up in the navigation bar — is great to see everywhere thank you!!

I’m getting more used to this and I like it more as it goes along.It was a little odd to get used to that the reply window is just always right there at the bottom of your screen — you don’t need to do anything to bring it up. Unless you want to quote someone, in which case you click to reply there in the corner of the post you want to quote. It’s so easy it was confusing at first lol

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Also, your draft in the thread reply window is "auto-saved" pretty frequently, so when you make a mistake and close your half written or maybe fully written reply and think you accidentally lost it like you would have with the old software -- go back to that thread and look down at the bottom of the last page, it is probably right there ready for you to pick up where you left off! I definitely love that feature!!!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This is a test. I'm going to actually close my browser and then reopen a new one to try to come back here and salvage this unfinished post.

Yup -- I closed firefox and then went back and opened a new firefox and navigated my way back here and there was my unfinished draft, ready to finish!!

Now I am going to try it again, but give it a ten minute breather.

Wow -- I don't know how long it saves your draft but there it was after about 10 minutes of random internet browsing away from onepocket.org.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Chris
I know you posted this somewhere but i have 129 messages most from a long time ago
How do i delete tgem or
mark them read the one I want to save

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Chris
I know you posted this somewhere but i have 129 messages most from a long time ago
How do i delete tgem or
The only way I could do it larry was to read them again one at a time lol. Of course by reading I mean you have to click on them and glance anyway before you close and move on to the next one. But I found I actually enjoyed the process to a degree -- I glanced and closed many of them but others brought back memories and I read a little more. It's not as tedious as it sounds if you think of it like a trip down memory lane :)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Chris
How do i delete tgem or
Here is how I did it Larry.. quicker but you don't get to read any :)

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
From
Berkeley, CA
This is a test. I'm going to actually close my browser and then reopen a new one to try to come back here and salvage this unfinished post.

Yup -- I closed firefox and then went back and opened a new firefox and navigated my way back here and there was my unfinished draft, ready to finish!!

Now I am going to try it again, but give it a ten minute breather.

Wow -- I don't know how long it saves your draft but there it was after about 10 minutes of random internet browsing away from onepocket.org.
There is a draft auto-save feature but it sometimes does not catch all that you have written. If you know you're going to leave the page, you can force a save by clicking on the file icon -- next to last on the editing tool ball -- and hit save.

I like this new software a lot better than VBulletin.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
There is a draft auto-save feature but it sometimes does not catch all that you have written. If you know you're going to leave the page, you can force a save by clicking on the file icon -- next to last on the editing tool ball -- and hit save.

100% agree!

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Me too!! It seems like a winner
100% agree!

Is there an easier way to multi-quote?

I had to scroll back up on each individual one.

Before, you could hit multi-quote on each persons reply then hit post and they would be there in the order you clicked.