What's everybody doing within or outside of the parameters of our lockdown?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I've probably watched every you tube One Pocket match twice by now.......did spring house stuff......watching hours of streaming movies and tv series with Riva.....and luckily, before all the libraries closed, I took out about 12 books...

The weather here in Chicago has been chilly the last few weeks - 40's every day - not missing any good weather outside....but then, day-before-yesterday, an uncommon warm front came through and it was 75 degrees out (y) lasted for 2 days - Riva and I walked the 1/2 mile from our home shelter over to/along the Chicago river and sat on a grassy bank for a coupla hours watching the ducks, and a few fisherman and canoers....it sure felt good to get out of the house, in the sun 🌞 and at the river 🌾 🦆 and we never got closer than 10 ft. to the other peeps that were out and about.

- Ghost
p.s. If Frank doesn't mind, I'm thinking of changing my name to 'Ghost da barber' o_O cuz for the first time in my life, since all of the barbers and salons are closed down, this week I gave myself a haircut - I cut the top and sides and Riva cut the back - and it didn't come out bad at all > 👨‍🦳 :)

Last edited:

Keith E.

Verified Member
After doing pretty much what you've done, I spec'd out and ordered an insulated 24'x49'x10' metal building so that I can get my Red Label Pro-Am set up shortly after the building is completed. It will include electrical, mechanical and plumbing.

Keith

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I replaced all of the windows in my house and garage -- 29 windows. The originals where all finger-jointed wood which absolutely sucks for exterior use, so the ones that got more water exposure where totally shot. "Planned obsolescence" lol. The new ones are clad -- they should outlast me. I did have one guy helping me -- he worked outside and I worked inside, except for things like moving the staging, and carrying the windows, which we had to do together. But since the windows are almost 5' tall, that put us right about 6' apart for proper social distancing :)

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I've probably watched every you tube One Pocket match twice by now.......did spring house stuff......watching hours of streaming movies and tv series with Riva.....and luckily, before all the libraries closed, I took out about 12 books...

The weather here in Chicago has been chilly the last few weeks - 40's every day - not missing any good weather outside....but then, day-before-yesterday, an uncommon warm front came through and it was 75 degrees out (y) lasted for 2 days - Riva and I walked the 1/2 mile from our home shelter over to/along the Chicago river and sat on a grassy bank for a coupla hours watching the ducks, and a few fisherman and canoers....it sure felt good to get out of the house, in the sun 🌞 and at the river 🌾 🦆 and we never got closer than 10 ft. to the other peeps that were out and about.

- Ghost
p.s. If Frank doesn't mind, I'm thinking of changing my name to 'Ghost da barber' o_O cuz for the first time in my life, since all of the barbers and salons are closed down, this week I gave myself a haircut - I cut the top and sides and Riva cut the back - and it didn't come out bad at all > 👨‍🦳 :)

I'm not going to name any names, but someone I know from Chicago saw your haircut, and he said it looked like sheet! Just sayin.
I have been fortifying my basement for the coming apocalypse, I have surrounded my pool table with shelves of candies, cookies, sodas, beef jerky for protein and dried fruit snacks so I don't get scurvy.
The zombies can still get to me ....... but they will need a tank or an artillery piece. I watched Omega Man and the one with Will Smith so I won't be making the same mistakes they made.
My big problem is I am not allowed to have weapons . not even a boy scout knife. Long story we don't need to go in to.
Sounds a lot like my one pocket game , all defense ,no offense. lifes a beach.

Last edited:

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I been digging out a garden and chopping firewood and doing fire clearing and working still. I have one guy who works for me who is oout working alone and I have done a few jobs up by my house

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
It looks like I am having Jerimy Chambers bring me a table to put in the garage. Other than that, we repainted the basement and kids rooms and put in 16 new ceiling lights in several rooms.

Attachments

• IMG_3645.jpeg
    IMG_3645.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3648.jpeg
    IMG_3648.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3650.jpeg
    IMG_3650.jpeg
    35.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3653.jpeg
    IMG_3653.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 13

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
here's what I been doing.........this was a simple brick faced wood fireplace. I ran a NG line under the house and installed a gas log set converting it to a gas fireplace, then covered it with wood and tiled the surround. It came out pretty good and no more messing with all the firewood. My wife loves it.IMG_20200410_101852.jpg

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Allot of yard work, working out and a weekly ring game at my house....then more yard work. Installed a new outdoor tv antenna for free network tv. Asked my grandkids what type of fruit tree for the front, apple, peach or cherry. All three sang out ''at the same time'' CHERRY....so I planted a new Bing cherry tree in my front yard pre existing hole, where I had pulled out a Large rotten stump last year. This tree will get 25 W & 35 high, perfect size.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I replaced all of the windows in my house and garage -- 29 windows. The originals where all finger-jointed wood which absolutely sucks for exterior use, so the ones that got more water exposure where totally shot. "Planned obsolescence" lol. The new ones are clad -- they should outlast me. I did have one guy helping me -- he worked outside and I worked inside, except for things like moving the staging, and carrying the windows, which we had to do together. But since the windows are almost 5' tall, that put us right about 6' apart for proper social distancing :)
29 wow!!!!!!!! Where did you get all that energy from?? I have a friend of mine in Maine who purchased a building and he replaced/milled 34 new windows and frames for his building. He's been a boat builder most his life. I asked em ''how big is your home''? Having that many windows....lol he said 35,000 sq ft. HUH? He purchased a button factory, surrounded by water on 3 sides. He moved in, found about 4,000 square feet of area for himself, and the rest was to build boats up to 30' by hand/at home. Ironically, we grew up on a lake together in WI and his dad 92 was also a boat builder/maintenance/storage etc kinda guy. His father used to race A boat Scows, I think minimum 7 man crew, on the inland lakes of WI. I think his dad broke 40 mph on a reach one time in a blow.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Some amazing accomplishments and projects showing up here. Steve, that is quite a lot of work done, and the craftsmanship looks great! There's an abundance of talent lurking in the membership here. (y) :)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
here's what I been doing.........this was a simple brick faced wood fireplace. I ran a NG line under the house and installed a gas log set converting it to a gas fireplace, then covered it with wood and tiled the surround. It came out pretty good and no more messing with all the firewood. My wife loves it.View attachment 430522
nice job darrell..... (y)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i am trying to exercise in the mornings
cleaning out closets
and finally have some time to practice pool......:)

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Every other day is spent in bed recovering from working in the shop, working on the lawnmower, cullying limbs, building a light for my table. 3D7EDF75-7EE3-40BC-87FA-484BC31D8CC2.jpeg
In the dining room we changed one regular window into kind of a straight bay — bumped out a little with a window seat inside.

Came out nice 😀

View attachment 430494View attachment 430495
Really nice. I have a bay window I would like to change to your style. The roofline may prevent me

Attachments

• AC1C2932-AA5E-4761-94A0-850E42BBCB03.jpeg
    AC1C2932-AA5E-4761-94A0-850E42BBCB03.jpeg
    638.6 KB · Views: 6