efren scott smoking aces 2014

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
its efrens shot
first question is forget about who is playing because whichever side of the score eferen is on i am betting on him
ghost asked this in another thread and its a good one
if you were playing even against someone your level
would you rather be ahead in the score and shooting ?
why?
or
behind but have all the balls favorable for you ??
why?
efren scott wwyd smoking aces 1.png

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I would rather be ahead and shooting. I am locked down at the moment, behind the 7 ball, but I can take Jojo up behind the 5 and 10. The 6 ball seems to block them both. Except for the two striped balls near Scott's pocket, the table looks as good for me as it does for him. All I need is a chance to shoot, even from the head rail. I would not trade places with him.

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
From
Berkeley, CA
As for which is better, points or position, it depends on exactly how the balls are sitting.
As for the shot shown, I would ask what the score is.;) Also, can he see enough of the 11 to hit it full?

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I cant tell if efren can hit the top of the 1 if so it is clear I would rather be shooting from here if not I still think the kick on the 15 is decent enough to allow you to get out of the inning and than I would say the balls favor both players

beatle

Verified Member
most times with a close score me ahead i still like shooting with some the worst of the ball positions.
but you have to be able to ascertain which way to go by knowing who is the favorite.

i can see some kiss and billiard shots making the 3 ball. and sending others my way with a chance of making something.

and a 3,4 combo off the 1. that could do the same.
the ability to move multiple balls at your hole can be better than having them there and him shooting instead of you.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
The table slightly favors Efren, imo, even though there are slightly more of them on the other side. He's ahead 5-1. There is going to be something he can do here that will be safe, like come off the back rail and snuggle the 5 ball. The position doesn't come close to overcoming Efren's point lead.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
Which is the 15?

I cant tell if efren can hit the top of the 1 if so it is clear I would rather be shooting from here if not I still think the kick on the 15 is decent enough to allow you to get out of the inning and than I would say the balls favor both players

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
After studying the layout of the balls on the pool table as depicted in the photo, my answer to "III's" question in reference to playing someone with similar abilities is that I would rather be ahead in the score and shooting then be behind in the score and have the balls in a favorable position to score. Why? A centuries old English proverb will suffice for my answer, to wit: "A bird (ball in this case 5 balls) in hand is worth two in the bush."

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
its efrens shot
first question is forget about who is playing because whichever side of the score eferen is on i am betting on him
ghost asked this in another thread and its a good one
if you were playing even against someone your level
would you rather be ahead in the score and shooting ?
why?
or
behind but have all the balls favorable for you ??
why?

How many balls ahead? How are the balls positioned exactly? What damage can be done on my shot? These are all important questions. I don’t think there is a uniform answer to your question and should be looked at case by case.

5-1 ahead, I like the shooter in this position. If I get just one more ball out of play means my opponent cannot run out.

As far as WWID, I may split 11 and 3 (make sure I hit 11 first) and float the CB behind the 12. 3 goes to my pocket, 11 banks to my side.

Difficult to say what other shots are available from that angle.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I would for sure want to be ahead and shooting. I may bank the 1 cross corner and 3 rail cb to his upper corner or just thin off the 6 and put him on the back of the 5.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
The 2nd question: its efrens shot, wwyd?

The answer: It's difficult to gauge if the orange ball (5-ball) has a clear path to my opponent's pocket or if he would be doubled up with the green solid (6-ball in the middle area of the table) thereby blocking a clear path to my opponent's pocket. I will assume that the object balls in question are doubled up. Consequently, I would shoot to have a legal hit off the light blue solid (7-ball) and have the cue ball stop up table and as close to the orange ball (5-ball) as possible.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
As for which is better, points or position, it depends on exactly how the balls are sitting.
As for the shot shown, I would ask what the score is.;) Also, can he see enough of the 11 to hit it full?
the score is in the photo bob
upper left

powerball

Verified Member
Ahead. I'm with Bob, if I can see enough of the 11, I might bank it, carom the solid and hopefully not leave a shot.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Which is the 15?
The the lighter colored stripe above ( farther from the foot rail ) than the 12 (closer to the foot rail) near his pocket
that could be the 14 too they both are a weird green
edit
i went online to look at cyclops balls it’s the 14

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
2nd question
its efrens shot
wwyd ?
It doesn't look as though a guy can get far enough to the right on the foot rail to kick the 15, so I'd likely kick the 14 off of the same rail.

If I felt more safety minded I'd come thin off the 6 two rails to freeze behind the 5 ball.