I found it quite cool he was a houseman at the 211 club
anyway, if he's still around and anybody's got a line
please wish him well and tell him thanks for the vids

also shoutout to larry for psychically suggesting I post here

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
Thanks for the link evergruven. One can even watch a (relatively :)) young Ghost trying to escape Jack Cooney's traps

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Yes Calired was a big help here at onepocket.org until he just kind of disappeared. I fear it was/is a serious health issue. I have been unable to reach him for years now unfortunately. He made it to DCC one year and he was just in heaven there, running around all over with his video camera. I am so glad that got that checked off his bucket list.

I’m praying for him honestly and recommend you do too if you are so inclined.

Maxwell

Verified Member
Calired was a very active member who was appreciated by many and I hope his disappearance is not due to ill health. He was trolled harshly around the time he left by a member who no longer posts and I had thought that might have been a factor. I'd like to see him back.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Calired was a very active member who was appreciated by many and I hope his disappearance is not due to ill health. He was trolled harshly around the time he left by a member who no longer posts and I had thought that might have been a factor. I'd like to see him back.

Several people talked to him harshly, including Artie, because of Greg's outspokenness on anything. I talked to him in a very harsh way for a while, because of several reasons I won't go into, but it was my fault. Later he helped me a lot with pc procedures. He knew computers, big time...He would not have left because of arguments with other posters imo.. I think he is gone gone. But hope not..

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Our Ghost vs Jack Cooney, 1994!!!

Oh no...Steve, did you have to post that up...I gotta alibi a little here, cry a little about my usual bad drawing :) and once and for all, tell the history of that situation 🧐 ...

It was the 1st ever/inaugural U.S. Open One Pocket Tournament, held at the Billiard Playground in Kalamazoo, Mi...

All One Pocket players were really excited for this big tournament, lots of top players were there, and there was about 96 entries...

They had the calcutta, and the #1 pick was...Jack Cooney...then they had the draw, and quite naturally, at 95-1 odds, I drew Jack Cooney 🥴...

The owners of the Billiard Playground had one table set up as the tv table, in the front of the room with a circle of lots of spectator seats around it, and that's where my match with Jack was placed...cuz of course, everybody wanted to see the, usually-staying-under-the-radar, top speed player Jack Cooney play...

So, long story short...playing Jack (who plays pretty good ;)), in the much anticipated inaugural U.S. Open One Pocket Tournament, with about 50 people/players watching our match, and the video recording going, I wasn't in my best comfort zone, and didn't play as well as I could/should have 😡 ...final score of the match was Jack 3 Ghost 1.

Rack em, Ghost

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
So, long story short...playing Jack (who plays pretty good ;)), in the much anticipated inaugural U.S. Open One Pocket Tournament, with about 50 people/players watching our match, and the video recording going, I wasn't in my best comfort zone, and didn't play as well as I could/should have 😡 ...final score of the match was Jack 3 Ghost 1.
I know how you felt, bro. At the first super seniors' for my first match I drew "The Sniper", James Christopher, who was in dead punch. That was bad enough, but it was on the streaming table!! I lost 3-0. But I was ready to play my next match!..😄

Last edited by a moderator:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I think we have all been there Ghost as in my personal example in 2019 at the derby against John Morra:

..sure I got a couple of bad rolls but I played bad and more importantly let my opponent / camera mess with my head/game...happens to everyone to some degree I would say!

MattRosendaul

Verified Member
I remember that match. At the time, I was the manager of Billiards Playground and helped form the tournament the first few years. I bought the room and tourney in ‘97 and ran them both until we closed up in 2002.
That first year we didn’t know who to expect for players or spectators. There weren’t any other really big one pocket events and we weren’t sure anyone would buy tickets to watch. As the field filled with legendary players, we started getting calls about how the hotels we had partnered with were all full and people couldn’t find rooms. As I called around town, every single hotel kept telling me they were full because of some huge pool tournament in town. It was crazy cool and scary at the same time.