B
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Joe, I have a question and I think you would know the answer. In a match like Alex/Tony, if either player was putting up none of their own money and were being 100% backed what % of the winning purse would the player get? Im sure the answer is "it depends i a lot of things" but Im interested in what the norm would be. Thanks in advance for your input. Hope to meet you one of these days. Keith/Sappo
    B
    BRLongArm
    40 percent is standard. Tony is playing for 40% with most of his backers. Less if he is on make up with any of them. For top money, they play for as little as 25%.
    B
    BRLongArm
    Tony probably has 5 or 6 guys putting him in. I think Alex has one or two putting him up. Most players don't put their own money up for matches like this. Too tough for their dough.
    sappo
    sappo
    Thanks Joe
    $150-200. Great idea. Do you remember the tournament at Diamonds Billiards in Dallas? $1000 entry fee with one buyback.
    Billy let me enter for 500(which led to several more entrants) and I lost my first match to Chohan 3-2. Rebought for 500, won my next match, then
    played Cliff on TV table - won 3-2. Then beat Gabe 4-1, eventually lost to Griffus. 1st Cliff, 2nd Billy, 3rd Roger, 4th me and Lizard.
    B
    BRLongArm
    The format leads to these kinds of David v. Goliath matches, and a lifetime of memories for guys like you that make that kind of run.
    Joe, this is Bill Incardona can you get ahold of Robert Frost for me if you can my number is 214-677-8707. Thanks
    Joe, this is Joe Gallien. Pleasure meeting you in West Monroe. Give me a call if you're ever in central LA, dinner and drinks on me. 318-229-1982
    Joe, this is Joe Gallien. Pleasure meeting you in West Monroe. Give me a call if you're ever in central LA, dinner and drinks on me. 318-229-1982
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…