Recent content by Dennis "Whitey" Young

1. D

Break-and-Runs in Old Time One Pocket

Thanks, Jimmy! I'll correct my previous post. Whitey
  2. D

Vapros, no debate here, I agree with your statement, and I never stated anything to the contrary. RabbiHippie is wondering if anyone knows if Johnston City OP event was a winner break or an alternative break, Post 6 confirms alternate break. Thanks to Jimmy B. for making me aware of this post 6...
  3. D

I believe this to be '66. Race to 4. The rules posted in post #1 are from the 2nd year, 1962. This year rules introduced the 3 consecutive foul rule. These rules were posted by Larry a few years back, a great fine. Also the Lag Rule changed from '61, whereas the winner of the lag had option to...
  4. D

TECHNICAL QUESTION

That makes sense! My answer to your question will probably not resonate for your learning friend, for it is advance knowledge. I tried to add some explanations, so that might be helpful. But if he works shots in using different strokes and english, and pays attention to the cb reaction then...
  5. D

TECHNICAL QUESTION

1st Shot; he is using 3 o'clock to make the cb go 'directly' into the object ball. He is not using high or low. The RHE makes it roll more natural vs. center or left. In using center or left then the cb would want to go more into the rail and contact the ob to thin. Especially when using Left...
  6. D

Jimmy Mataya Passed

Center; Larry Liscotti
  7. D

WWYD from Philly - 100 a game

Although I did not have time to fully scrtinize this wwyd, this shot selection pooped out for me. Tie up the cb path, plus advance the 5 to our side of the table. This keeps him honest on a return replay off of the 11. Got to love Jimmy B's shot selection, right on! He is batting a 1000 with...
  8. D

Ghost vs. Tom #2

Tom, on Island Dr's shot selection, Island Dr., I, and you all know that for Island Dr. shot selection to be effective then we need to lock up the cb, as it states in my post. I agree that the relation of the 1/5 is uncertain, but that was never my objective, my objective is to lock up the cb...
  9. D

Jimmy Mataya Passed

I was fortunate to meet Mataya in '69. I was playing the young star Domingos on the front table at the Bellflower Palace, and in came Jimmy with a bunch of guys and he blurted out loudly; "who is that guy", meaning me. " I'am the guy that's going to take your money". But Domingos took my money...
  10. D

Ghost vs. Tom #2

In my post #43 I asked this question; "do I duck behind the foot rail balls or do the kick into the 3/8, which is first? My thought was to duck and then come back to the 3/8 if I needed it, although I did not state it, but I wanted someone to address it. thanks for posting and addressing this...
  11. D

Ghost vs. Tom #2

Catkins, Tom and I have been going back and forth on this shot. I, so far have not had any likes or anyone that picks how I would shoot this shot, but Tom has those that like his shot. So I' concede it carries more difficulty and risk, but that is how I see it, and would play it. I too can not...
  12. D

Ghost vs. Tom #2

I am liking Jimmy B's shot selection more and more. When looking at picture 2 it makes his shot appear possible. In this scenario if you can get a ball close to your hole on your long rail side, plus utilizing the foot rail for cover, then that is it. That is your lock up. Thanks Jimmy B for...
  13. D

Ghost vs. Tom #2

OK, I re-read it, and you want your cb to go up table, whereas I am trying to keep the cb behind the 3 ball cluster to protect my balls in front of the hole. That is unlike your shot. Yes, I agree my shot is more difficult because I am also trying to control the cb within a specific area of...
  14. D

Ghost vs. Tom #2

I like kicking into the 3, but unlike Tom I would rather hit it fuller with enough speed to either make a ball or get a ball in front or on my long rail by my hole. With the heavier hit on the 3 I want my cb to drift behind the 3 ball cluster for blockers to protect my balls by my hole. I...
  15. D

Waat da peeps due?

J. R. & John, You guys should try 7 Ball Long Side Banks. I 've posted the game on the bank forum. Just a plug for my game! Whitey