Recent content by kross

1. kross

Message to kross/Railbirds streaming

Ugh, that was in our early days of the DCC coverage, with horrible (or non existent) commentary. Too bad you don't have any matches with JJ or Scott Frost commentary.
  2. kross

Message to kross/Railbirds streaming

I'm glad you're enjoying them. And there are more to come. And then we're off to the 2024 DCC to record the next batch of matches :)
  3. kross

Joshua Filler vs Jesse Engel -- 2023 DCC

Scott is taking his new role as a commentator very seriously. He knows he isn't perfect and he is always trying to improve his commentary. After this match, he told me he thought he talked too much. There have been a couple matches that he wanted to redo the commentary on, because he wasn't...
  4. kross

Condensed matches, what do you think?

If that's the case, then it was an editing error on my part. :(
  5. kross

Thanks Bob, I will check those out for inspiration! -- Kevin
  6. kross

I love JJ's commentary as much as, if not more than, the next guy. Unfortunately, I can't make a condensed video and have the commentary make any sense. Most of the interesting commentary is between shots, the parts that I would edit out. I tried it, and I just ended up with a bunch of "that was...
  7. kross

So you would like condensed, just not ultra condensed. Got it.
  8. kross

Maybe. 🤣 Seriously though, I hope people aren't misunderstanding my intent. These videos are not replacements for the original full length videos with commentary (often by JJ). These are just extra versions for people that want them. But it does seem that the people who want them are not the...
  9. kross

It trains you to think faster. 🤣
  10. kross

Thanks for the feedback. The videos have been getting a lot of positive feedback, but that's probably from non or casual one pocket players. That's why I wanted to ask here, for the perspective of the more serious one pocket players.
  11. kross

Thanks for your feedback. That's actually what I was worried about. The format works well for 9 ball, I just wasn't sure how it would work for one pocket. Maybe the format will get non one pockets players interested in the game. Then when they become fans of the game, they can watch the full...
  12. kross

Some of you may have noticed I've been uploading condensed matches to our YouTube channel (RailbirdsTV). 9 Ball and One Pocket. What I mean by condensed is all the dead time between shots is removed, turning a 2 hour match into a 20 minute video. Us 9 ball players have the attention span of a...
  13. kross

Jeremy Jones self commentary vs Alex Pagulayan

Come watch Jeremy Jones doing commentary on his own match, vs Alex Pagulayan! Premieres tonight at 8 PM Eastern US time.
  14. kross

was there a new foul negation rule at DCC?

My original response was poorly worded, and seems to have caused confusion. Let me clarify the rule at DCC. Up above, I said a foul is removed from both player. That isn't entirely accurate. A ball owed is removed from each player. The fouls (for the purpose of 3 foul rule) still accumulate...
  15. kross

was there a new foul negation rule at DCC?

You are correct, 3 foul rule is still in effect, so you can't go on tapping balls forever. After the second time, you better make a legal shot or you lose the game.