Recent content by WhatWouldWojoDo

1. W

Improvement

It's been a while since I posted on here. One Pockets still my favorite game and I feel I'm playing pretty strong but still need to improve a lot. I've got some regular games and they are tough - one game I give 10-5 and the breaks to an older gentleman for $50 a game and I have to play jam up...
  2. W

Further Progress

I haven't been on here in a while. My One Pocket games still getting stronger and stronger. I played someone that is a much much stronger 9 ball player, but we played One Pocket - just a few games in and he quit on me saying that he couldn't beat me at One Pocket. My banking at pocket speed...
  3. W

Progress In My Game

So I've been playing One Pocket a little over a year or so. Saturday I played one of the stronger shooters in our area. This guys real strong in 9 ball and his one pocket game is strong. He's the type of player that gets out from everyone in 9 ball so he runs balls really well. I played 14...
  4. W

Best Books and DVD's

I'm a student of the game and have a collection of books and DVD's. I was wondering if anyone has others they really recommend that I do not have. DVD's Joe Tucker Racking Secrets Mika Immonen Mastering Pool Volume 3 Grady Mathews - The Finishing Touch GM - Only Kicks GM - Killer One Pocket GM...
  5. W

Progress

Less than a year of playing One Pocket Strengths: Banking Running balls Creative shots (power shots) Breaking Weaknesses: Decision making (get too aggressive at times) Safety play (some shots I still don't see or I execute some poorly) Stupid mistakes (tied to decision making) So I feel I...
  6. W

Tight Pockets vs Big Pockets

Does everyone prefer playing one pocket on very tight table or an easier table with bigger pockets? Still relatively new to One Pocket I feel it depends on my opponent. If I'm the stronger player then I prefer the bigger pockets, but if I'm the one being spotted several balls from a stronger...
  7. W

Thank You

I just want to say a big thank you to all the people that post on here. In the last year my game has jumped leaps and bounds. I know that all the posts on here, especially the wwyd's, really helped me improve my thought process and decision making at the table. In about a year of playing this...
  8. W

Bank Pool Improvement

This past year or so I've dedicated most of my practice to bank pool and one pocket. My banking has improved significantly in this time. Not just making the ball but also controlling the cue ball. Not many players play bank pool around here. I found one of the best bankers in the area and...
  9. W

Difficulty Learning 1P

I've been playing a lot of One Pocket this year. I have improved significantly on my banking (1 rail, 2 rail, 3 rail) and controlling the cue ball. My shot making is solid. But I would of thought my improvements would be greater by now. I have ordered several of Grady Mathews DVD's. I...
  10. W

Practicing One Pocket

I've been practicing bank shots at pocket speed. I've watched tons of One Pocket matches to learn as much as I can. But my question is: Other than playing one pocket, what are some good ways to practice it? Does anyone have any good drills?
  11. W

Learning the Game

For several months I've been playing as much 1P as I can. I have also been watching as many 1P matches online that I can. I have a couple books I've been reading too. Over this time my banks have improved significantly. Cue ball control is improving and I'm learning some moves. But it...